• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Going down the ranks.

Moscorat

Inkling
NNID
Themoscorat
I was at S rank and after a huge losing streak, i am at A rank.

>Holding back the tears

Has anyone else had an experience like this before?

mercenariez

Inkling Cadet
NNID
gamelo8018
lol many many times (at first). It's really good though. It gives you motivation to get back up, plus you can gain confidence beating people at lower ranks.

It's really important to take breaks. Even if it means a week off. When your mind is tired you will only play worse, which frustrates you, and then makes you play even worse than that.

I truly believe now that you get the rank you deserve UNLESS you d/c like 10 games in a row. Bad teammates are no excuse.

Ansible

Squid Savior From the Future
Community Ambassador
Oh dearie, we have a salt decontamination thread with plenty upon plenty of posts and stories to share about that. I say it's a right of passage.

Congratulations! You're a Splatoon adult!
lol

Now go ahead and add some of your own stories to the chronicles.

But unless you're attempting to get on a competitive team that has particular rank requirements, I say just let go and enjoy the roller coaster.

Magic8Ball

Inkling Cadet
Community Ambassador
NNID
M4g1c8Ball
This has happened to me twice now. Once when I got into A, and the next when I got into S. It's probably the worst feeling in the world.

Every time you lose you want to try again to redeem yourself but it only gets worse from there LOL. I would say the thing I notice whenever I'm not playing well is that I have a lot of other stuff on my mind, and it affects how I play immensely.

And it's not all bad. If I had never had that losing streak back when I lost my A rank I would've never discovered the Slosher and my enjoyment of it. So I can't say that losing streaks are always bad, just try and use them as learning experiences. And yeah go let out your salt in the thread it helps.

KannaMango93

Inkster Jr.
Don't worry, a lot of us have also gone through this too. I've had my fair share of rank-downs from S that I've had to work back up to (in fact, I'm in the middle of one now...), and I guarantee you that you are not alone. I know it gets frustrating, but that's all part of learning more about the game and how to improve. Just keep practicing to work back up to S-rank. You can do it!

With that being said however, if you find yourself on tilt, take a break from the game! I know it's hard to resist the urge to keep going and redeem yourself, but tilts don't help with improving. They just make us more frustrated and play worse. Trust me, I've learned from experience and it's not a pretty sight. It's good to get your mind off of it and reflect/recharge so that you're ready to jump back in (hopefully with your skill at its peak condition) with more energy and less salt.

It's understandable for rank-downs and tilting to feel daunting, but don't let it discourage you. You can always earn your S back; you'll only get better as you keep playing and improving. I believe in you! :3

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom