1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 15,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 150,000 posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Splatoon community!

3. We just overhauled our look and made some big updates. Learn about all the changes!

4. Nintendo has officially revealed their new console, previously codenamed NX! It's called the Nintendo Switch and they've announced Splatoon 2, coming this summer!

Join the Splatoon 2 hype and discussion!

Going down the ranks.

Discussion in 'Regular Discussion' started by Moscorat, Dec 11, 2016.

1. Moscorat

Moscorat Inkling

NNID:
    Themoscorat
    I was at S rank and after a huge losing streak, i am at A rank.
    [​IMG]
    >Holding back the tears

Has anyone else had an experience like this before?

mercenariez likes this.
  2. mercenariez

mercenariez Senior Squid

NNID:
    gamelo8018
    lol many many times (at first). It's really good though. It gives you motivation to get back up, plus you can gain confidence beating people at lower ranks.

It's really important to take breaks. Even if it means a week off. When your mind is tired you will only play worse, which frustrates you, and then makes you play even worse than that.

I truly believe now that you get the rank you deserve UNLESS you d/c like 10 games in a row. Bad teammates are no excuse.

swamphox likes this.
  3. Ansible

Ansible Inkling Fleet Admiral

NNID:
    RocketRobin
    Oh dearie, we have a salt decontamination thread with plenty upon plenty of posts and stories to share about that. I say it's a right of passage.

Congratulations! You're a Splatoon adult!
    lol

Now go ahead and add some of your own stories to the chronicles.

But unless you're attempting to get on a competitive team that has particular rank requirements, I say just let go and enjoy the roller coaster.

swamphox, Green Waffles and Moscorat like this.
  4. Magic8Ball

Magic8Ball Senior Squid

NNID:
    M4g1c8Ball
    This has happened to me twice now. Once when I got into A, and the next when I got into S. It's probably the worst feeling in the world.

Every time you lose you want to try again to redeem yourself but it only gets worse from there LOL. I would say the thing I notice whenever I'm not playing well is that I have a lot of other stuff on my mind, and it affects how I play immensely.

And it's not all bad. If I had never had that losing streak back when I lost my A rank I would've never discovered the Slosher and my enjoyment of it. So I can't say that losing streaks are always bad, just try and use them as learning experiences. And yeah go let out your salt in the thread it helps.

Ansible likes this.
  5. KannaMango93

KannaMango93 Inkster Jr.

Don't worry, a lot of us have also gone through this too. I've had my fair share of rank-downs from S that I've had to work back up to (in fact, I'm in the middle of one now...), and I guarantee you that you are not alone. I know it gets frustrating, but that's all part of learning more about the game and how to improve. Just keep practicing to work back up to S-rank. You can do it!

With that being said however, if you find yourself on tilt, take a break from the game! I know it's hard to resist the urge to keep going and redeem yourself, but tilts don't help with improving. They just make us more frustrated and play worse. Trust me, I've learned from experience and it's not a pretty sight. It's good to get your mind off of it and reflect/recharge so that you're ready to jump back in (hopefully with your skill at its peak condition) with more energy and less salt.

It's understandable for rank-downs and tilting to feel daunting, but don't let it discourage you. You can always earn your S back; you'll only get better as you keep playing and improving. I believe in you! :3

Magic8Ball and Ansible like this.