• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

• Hey Guest, the Side Order expansion is now available!

If you're playing the new DLC, please remember to keep your thread titles spoiler free, and use [spoiler] tags for any relevant spoilers in your posts.

Good abilities for Chargers?

GoldWatson

Full Squid
NNID
floandgold
I am an aspiring charger main who isn't even that good at splatoon. I've gotten a few good sets of items, and I'm wondering what abilities I should run.

xXShadeXx

Inkling Cadet
Switch Friend Code
SW-3241-7928-4020
I can't say that I use the standard recommended abilities when using chargers, but I know some people recommend ink recovery up/ink saver (main) is one. A lot of people also recommend tenacity as chargers can't ink as much ground as other weapons can. Special charge up is another good one as well as some people use damage up so you can get them uncharged splats.

thegaminghobbes

Inkling
I like using Coldblooded when I have enough strength nodes on my other gear. Really nothing worse than being a in a charger war and getting a big old neon circle and thread pointing you out.

For E-Liter usage I like to use Ink Recover Up rather than Ink Saver Main. I don't feel the buff on the latter unless I have more than three on me. I find it better to hide for a moment and recover ink. But Ink Saver Main is still viable for chargers, and especially for the Splat Chargers. The Squiffers don't need either Ink Recovery Up or Ink Saver Main, in my opinion.

Strength Up on chargers is a meme at this point, but it's for a reason. It's a good idea to run at least three sub-nodes or a main one.

As you're learning to snipe, change up your sensitivity and see what works for you. It might not be the one that works for your other weapons.

GoldWatson

Full Squid
NNID
floandgold
I've already figured out my sensitivity and I've been landing better snipes. All my practice may have gone to waste though, as I have been inactive for a long time with no practice at all.

Green Waffles

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Welp, I have one more post to have approved before I can get this annoying notification off my squidboards screen, so I figured showing some Bias towards squiffers/chargers is the best way to do it.

for TLDR mode, just read the orange.
Anywhos as I think most would tell you when it comes to chargers(or any weapon class for that matter) what weapon you usin'?

E-liters?
-Damage up sucka, get those early splats dawg (people go overboard with this, and for good reason I've tried it, requires asian aim though...sorry Japan)
-Ink recovery up: don't fall for that ink saver main scam, it takes far too much of it to get that coveted fourth full charge
-Ink saver main, because HOLY SQUID MAMA does this thing suck ink!... its not worth stacking this but sometimes that extra ink saver after a burst bomb caaaan help(just a few subs, I don't recommend more, but do what you want brobee)
-Swim speed up Don't be a goof like me and miss jumps on mahi mahi because you are used to NOT reduced swim speed on heavy weapons >.>
-Every other ability (except maybe ink resist or Bomb range up on the custom e-liter)

Splat chargers?
-Damage up Damage up, hup hup Damage up Damage up (1 main/acouple subs should do ya... or ya know, go completely overboard xD)
-Ink recovery up ( I find myself ALWAYS dipping into squid for between shots, it helps a butt ton on all chargers)
-again... Every other ability (ink resist still kinda meh here)

Squiffers? (Aka, you love chargers but looove shoving ink into the faces/butts of other chargers)
-Run speed up This thing has soooo much more mobility that the previous two charger types, and its sooo much fun to abuse that.
-Swim speed up further adds to the mobility headache you will give the longer range chargers
-Defense up same as above, just more love to your longer ranger charger brethren <3 (ONLY do this if you plan on stacking it mad like the steroid e-liters)
-Every other ability (difference now is ink resist has much more use, as you will be in the thick of the fight almost all match)

Bamboo stick?
-Same as Squiffer Too lazy to keep going =3 Except maybe ink saver main? yeah definitely on the mark 1, those splash walls really put your ink tank in a dander

Hope that helps at least a little, if not please yell at me below for being an idiot and to insult my splatoon skills.

or if you want my thoughts on any specific ability/ you want elaboration on any of the above suggestions

True champions main skill based weapons like luna blasters on Tower control
PEACE OUT

AbsentPlayer

Full Squid
NNID
absentplayer
Hi! I'm absentplayer and there's nothing much I can say that hasn't already been said but there are a few things I want to say anyways.

First, DO NOT be like the "steroid E-Litre" (what I call them) who stack a ton of damage up; thanks to the 2.7.0 patch splatchergers and E-Litres especially have received a huge. nerf that means that any non fully-charged shot has 20% range reduction so the is no need for damages up except in up close situations. I recommended you find the right amount for you and your style. I personally run 1 main with 6 subs for my E-Litres and 2 mains with 3 subs for my bamboozlers (I know it seems like I'm going a little overboard. but I'm trying to get it as close to 99.9 as possible so that if an opponent steps in my ink for any amount of time it becomes an OHKO)

Finally, if you haven't already I also think you should look up this tech called snap-sniping, I've seen this listed as an advanced tech but I'd say you learn it early on so it becomes habit for later ranks. All it is is charging while looking away from your target then quicklye shift your aim so that the target thread is on then release! It may be hard to start with but is necessary for for A- and higher.

Last edited:

Mystrite

Full Squid
NNID
toffee_too_too
Damage , tenacity , ink recovery , haunt are all abilities that I use on a Splattercope/Elitre Scope

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom