• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Splatoon 2 Good Gear Abilities for Dark Tetra Dualies?

Arc1Dragon

Inkling
I'm trying to get past S+ and get closer to X. What gear abilities are good for the DTDS? My current gear abilities are

Inkling

Head(Squidfin Hookcans): Tenacity, Quick respawn, Ink Recovery , Special Charge Up

Body(Chilly Mountain Coat): Swim Speed, Special Charge Up, Bomb Defense, Special Up

Shoes(Blue&Black Squidkid IV): Stealth Jump, Special Up, Sub Power Up, Sub Power Up

Octoling

Head(Golden Toothpick): Special Charge Up, Quick Super Jump, Ink Saver Sub, Bomb Defence

Body(Null Armor): Ink Resistance, Ink Saver Sub, Special Up, Swim Speed

Shoes(Null Boots) Drop Roll, Swim Speed, Special Saver, Cold Blooded

ϛ(°³°)/`

Inkling Commander
I don't know how viable the Tetras are, particularly the dark version, but I do know that people like using Ink Saver Main on them to prevent running out of ink when abusing the 4 dodge rolls. As they're short range weapons, I'd recommend a lot of Swim Speed, and because you'll sometimes be strafing while shooting, Run Speed. Outside of this you can consider Ninja Squid to close the gaps.

I get that you're going for set appearances with the Null gear, and the Gold Toothpick for prosperity, but I don't see a lot of use in either Drop Roller or Ink Resistance on this weapon; Ink Resistance seems redundant because you can roll your way across enemy ink with no speed penalty. Some Dualies may not want to roll because they'd rather secure the kill while in enemy ink, but you can't even make that argument with the Tetras because they shoot while rolling. Drop Roller is only useful if you have Inkjet or you compulsively jump to teammates in dangerous situations. I can see the appeal in jumping to them while you have Splashdown, but you can't use Splashdown AND Drop Roll out of it, so again, this seems redundant or misplaced. If you plan on jumping into a Splashdown, Quick Super Jump might come in handy too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom