• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Splatoon 2 Good locations to use E-Liter 4K Scope and other chargers

Woomy?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

ToonyBirb

Inkling
I'm looking to up my charger game. I usually use the E-Liter 4K Scope as it has insane range, but some maps I struggle to find a very good place to set up.

Emperor

twitter.com/Former_Eminence
I would suggest watching a few vids and see how a few pros play throughout the stages.

Mar$el

Inkling Commander
Coming from someone who mains e4ks, one of my favorite people to watch who consistently uses the weapon is pika (pika_3k on twitter/twitch). Most spots to use and rotations to make are pretty obvious on some maps, but there are some creative spots you can take at appropriate times to really sway the game into your direction. I watch his streams regularly and have learned a considerable amount about furthering my charger skills from him.

Maave

Inkling Commander
I have a rule of thumb. My distance to the frontline (wherever teammates and enemies are fighting) should be 50% to 75% my max range. I move foward and back as the frontline changes. That gives me a good safety margin while keeping the enemies still in range. Standing on an elevated platform for protection is a bonus, but absolutely not required. Follow that and you will be able to find your own sniper spots with recon mode and make them up on the fly.

Quick rant: Some Splat2 maps aren't sniper-friendly due to elevated center areas blocking your line of sight. For example Humpback Pump Track. I have a much better time sniping if I completely disregard the two obvious perch humps - they don't have great vision for snipers because enemies are often hidden below the peak of the central hump. I have better luck using the far right, far left and center-ish (to the right of the ink rail). The opponents aren't checking their exposure left and right like they are checking forward/back because they expect snipers to be in front of them. If I get pushed back then the fallback perches are decent.

Starfish Mainstage is another I have trouble with. I just use a Splattercope here and move up. For an e-litre perches are just barely too far away for my taste, the low grounds don't have visibility, and the center stage is too close to the action.

I think all the other maps you can find many sniper spots (not necessarily perches) by following the 50%-75% rule. If you imagine a game of rainmaker or tower control there are way too many positions to list them all - I would forget a lot of them even if I tried!

saint_kthulhu

Full Squid
I dropped e-liter months back but there’s a spot on Moray Towers I liked and I rarely see snipers use.

Most snipers hang off that ledge that overlooks the middle. When you’re there... if you turn to your right and swim down the ramp. There’s an inkrail (the inkrail that goes out into the middle of the board, not the inkrail that goes up into the other team’s area).

Right there from either standing on that ledge or next to it...

You can get a clean shot at the other team’s sniper (assuming they are standing on the obvious ledge). They never seem to look for it.

One FM

Inkster Jr.
My success with the E-Liter in any map has to do with movement. I never stay in on spot very long, and am mostly dependent on my shot skills, and maneuvering. Also, working my subs for protection.

One FM

Inkster Jr.
Coming from someone who mains e4ks, one of my favorite people to watch who consistently uses the weapon is pika (pika_3k on twitter/twitch). Most spots to use and rotations to make are pretty obvious on some maps, but there are some creative spots you can take at appropriate times to really sway the game into your direction. I watch his streams regularly and have learned a considerable amount about furthering my charger skills from him.
That guy is insane!

Maave

Inkling Commander
I found my Kelp Dome guide for Splatoon 1. I believe all these spots still apply to Splat2's Kelp Dome since the map is nearly identical. Image linking seems a little broken right now so I have two links to the mspaint'd image.

Ayyy I missed this but I'll post since I saw it. Yeah Kelp Dome doesn't have many perches but it does have straightaways which sorta make up for it. Note these are S-rank tips

Here's quick map of the spots I see and use, and what they're used for, sort of in order:

1. popular starting position, you can shoot the guys coming off their shortcut over the wall. Other people use this a lot but I don't like it, maybe because I'm bad at seeing/shooting through the bottom of the grates. This spot is especially vulnerable to rollers, buckets, and blasters because you often have to extend onto the grate a little which reduces your mobility.
2. my preferred starting position. Lots of vision - enemy perch #1, enemy's flanking ramp, and much of mid - and a good ramp/platform to move around on. Watch your map to predict where enemies are going and what weapons they're using. Jump shoot the enemy snipers who come onto their position #1, they are often unaware of my presence.
Also a defensive spot if the enemy is pushing forward.
3. backup perch. Good vision but you're exposed as you hop onto this shortcut platform. There's no ramp to sneak up or jump shoot from. It can also cause traffic jams with your teammates who are just trying to get to mid
4. use pure range to shoot into mid. There isn't much cover here
5. corner peek spot so you can shoot into mid. Useful against enemy snipers who come over the shortcut
6. a mix of using range and corner peeking to keep people out of mid
7. more swatting people out of mid. Stay in your ink up here since there's no cover
8. pushing forward from mid, use range to hold off and pester the enemies while you and your teammates get to spot #9. Watch out for the enemy shortcutters
9. now you're really whooping them. Deny them the entire lane here, moving up as needed. Corner peek to avoid enemy snipers on the ramp directly in front.
10. way back at the beginning, this spot means you're either getting pushed back or a flanker is pestering you. Not much cover but at least you have range
11. you're really getting pushed back. Take jump shots if there are enemy snipers

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom