• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

• Hey Guest, the Side Order expansion is now available!

If you're playing the new DLC, please remember to keep your thread titles spoiler free, and use [spoiler] tags for any relevant spoilers in your posts.

Good Sprinkler Locations For Coverage Support -Flounder Heights Added!

Weapons Good Sprinkler Locations for Coverage Support

Master Shuckle

Inkster Jr.
NNID
Master-Shuckle
Master Shuckle submitted a new guide:

good sprinkler locations for coverage support - The Inkrush brusher, give support by placing strategy sprinklers

Saltspray Rig

At the start of a Turf War you can set a sprinkler down and it will splat the base as you zip off to unclaimed turf. It also fills your special faster!

After ten seconds it will be fully covered, by that time you will be on the other side of the map!
And after ten seconds you can throw an another sprinkler to recall it from the Spawn point....
Read more about this guide...

DaBoss

Pro Squid
Was looking for a place to post these, and this seems like the place. Thanks for the guide. Learned some spots that I didn't know of before. Here's unconventional spots on the Warehouse and one spot that is very useful for Blackbelly Skatepark.

This one is by the spawn.

Place it below or on the sides. You can use it on the enemy side for some easy coverage.

Directly above the spawn.

Useful for spawn camping I guess. If your team knows about it, they could ignore painting the entire front part of the spawn, though it is probably much faster to start inking from the start.

On the crates to the side.

These ones are more for being nearly impossible to destroy outside of a splat bomb or killing the sprinkler user. Or a poorly placed ink strike lol.

And now for the grand daddy of all sprinkler placements. Located in the middle of the map.

Positioning yourself and then placing it without getting killed is the hard part, but it is a really good sprinkler spot. It is very useful in Splat Zones. The only way to destroy it outside of killing the sprinkler user would be with a charger or an ink strike. The best time to place it is at the start of a match (you would have to rush there, so brush users would be able to utilize it better) and when you have control of the middle with no immediate danger present.

I managed to do it in a Splat Zones match when my team was in control of it with most of the enemies killed. Did it without much of a problem and it helped fill my special meter easily.

Now for the Blackbelly Skatepark sprinkler location that is very useful for Splat Zones.

This spot allows for the sprinkler itself to cap the zone and provide some territory control in the area. I think this is better than putting it on the side of the wall next to the zone.

Thanks again for your guide.

Master Shuckle

Inkster Jr.
NNID
Master-Shuckle
Was looking for a place to post these, and this seems like the place. Thanks for the guide. Learned some spots that I didn't know of before. Here's unconventional spots on the Warehouse and one spot that is very useful for Blackbelly Skatepark.

This one is by the spawn.

Place it below or on the sides. You can use it on the enemy side for some easy coverage.

Directly above the spawn.

Useful for spawn camping I guess. If your team knows about it, they could ignore painting the entire front part of the spawn, though it is probably much faster to start inking from the start.

On the crates to the side.

These ones are more for being nearly impossible to destroy outside of a splat bomb or killing the sprinkler user. Or a poorly placed ink strike lol.

And now for the grand daddy of all sprinkler placements. Located in the middle of the map.

Positioning yourself and then placing it without getting killed is the hard part, but it is a really good sprinkler spot. It is very useful in Splat Zones. The only way to destroy it outside of killing the sprinkler user would be with a charger or an ink strike. The best time to place it is at the start of a match (you would have to rush there, so brush users would be able to utilize it better) and when you have control of the middle with no immediate danger present.

I managed to do it in a Splat Zones match when my team was in control of it with most of the enemies killed. Did it without much of a problem and it helped fill my special meter easily.

Now for the Blackbelly Skatepark sprinkler location that is very useful for Splat Zones.

This spot allows for the sprinkler itself to cap the zone and provide some territory control in the area. I think this is better than putting it on the side of the wall next to the zone.

Thanks again for your guide.

Master Shuckle

Inkster Jr.
NNID
Master-Shuckle
Thank you very much for in-depth response, some of those locations we have ready for a mother guide with rank specific locations! Thank you very much and my we have you permission to use your picture with appropriate credit?

DaBoss

Pro Squid
Thank you very much for in-depth response, some of those locations we have ready for a mother guide with rank specific locations! Thank you very much and my we have you permission to use your picture with appropriate credit?
Yea, you're free to use them.

Sorry that my pics aren't as clean as yours in terms of ink as in it shows some ink that I placed myself and not just from the sprinkler.

Master Shuckle

Inkster Jr.
NNID
Master-Shuckle
No worries, the next guide will be coming out soon when we get an chance to take a nother look at all of the maps with the "zones"

Thank you very much for your input and help!

Last edited:

(Ace)

Inkling
NNID
Levi246
Wow. I'm a standard .96 gal user myself and i didn't even know of some of these places. Thanx :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom