• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

• Hey Guest, the Side Order expansion is now available!

If you're playing the new DLC, please remember to keep your thread titles spoiler free, and use [spoiler] tags for any relevant spoilers in your posts.

Splatoon 2 Good Weapons for Clam Blitz

The Salamander King

NNID
sintiss0421
Switch Friend Code
SW-3785-4018-5310
With the release of the new mode, I want to know what weapons people generally think are good in this mode. Currently, I haven't played it enough yet. If it's helpful, I main Custom Jet Squelcher, Sloshing Machine, and Nzap and pocket TTek Splattershot.

Mar$el

Inkling Commander
I think bubble blower and ink armor are game changers on this mode. I believe the forge pro is amazing on this mode with defending. It can stand alone and bubbles help keep people away along with suction bombs. Also the N-Zap 85 with ink armor seems to be pretty popular. Overall I see a lot of shooters and really not a ton of anything else. Sendou made a tier list video and the only reason ink brush was in B was b/c of clam blitz. I mean I guess it's good for running for clams and away from fire so you can rush for the basket but you should probably use ink saver main and quick respawn with it if you use it. Here's the video:

BBGrenorange

Inkling Cadet
All the usual high-tier weapons.

The inkbrush as well, or the Sploosh/splat roller as they are all able to move around incredibly quickly.

Silxer

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Dan1771
The inkbrush as well, or the Sploosh/splat roller as they are all able to move around incredibly quickly.
I can add the L-3 to that list as well. Not only it has great mobility via Curling Bombs but it also has the Baller which I find to be a pretty special for that gamemode so far since you can carry the Power Clam (as well as regular clams) with you when you use the special.

The only downside is that you drop the clams (whether it be normal clams or the Power Clam) when you detonate the Baller, so you (or your teammates) will have to be quick to pick up the Power Clam and throw it to the basket before you get splatted. Overall, I find the Baller special is pretty great in pushes, much like in Rainmaker.

Despite being only in B- atm in Clam Blitz (mainly due to the gamemode not being in rotation when I play) I been having some pretty good success with the L-3 so far and it quickly became one of my favorites in Splat 2 (much like in Splat 1).

Sifu

Look Behind You
Switch Friend Code
SW-3816-1808-3393
I've had success using the N-Zap 89 and SSP in CB. It is true that Forge is cool here, but for me, I like rain clouds because they are so versatile, and they don't hijack your main weapon for an extended time.

The N-Zap is great because it kills so easily, and I like the 89 kit because it keeps the opponent on their toes, so they have to be careful not to mess up.

Woomyapple

Full Squid
NNID
Apple
Switch Friend Code
SW-2793-7212-9515
I think that the answer depends on whether you want to play offensively or defensively. From my experiences with this mode, Weapons with infiltration specials (Baller,Inkshield) are fantastic if you're focusing on breaking the other team's shield. If you want to drive the enemies away from your goal or go a bit slower, I would recommend weapons with Ink storm, or Sting Ray. Bubble blower's great for either play style, though
(Forge Splattershot Pro, wow you are pretty broken on this mode).

BashfulBetta

Inkster Jr.
similar to the above comments, it really depends on how's your play style
but, on my opinion, you need both good speed and high main ink for any position
for defensiveness, stick with shooters that doesn't eat that much ink like the zaps and dualies. if you want some range then squelchers are a safe bet
for offensiveness, a personal favorite of mine are the brushes (rollers can work too). you can quickly go to the base with the power clam in less than a minute
if brushes (or rollers) don't work then any weapon that have baller, ink armor, bubble blower, or bomb rush can help surrounding players
one of my favorite things to do is hover around the base, collecting shells, waiting until most of the enemy team left, collecting the last shell, and tossing it at the goal

TechSkylander1518

Full Squid
Part of it does depend on how you play Clam Blitz. Weapons you use to collect clams and put them in the basket aren't always going to be the same as weapons you use to splat the other team and keep clams out of their hands.

For collecting clams, I highly recommend brushes and the Splat Roller-weapons that can ink lines easily. I don't know if this is already common knowledge, but if your ink is touching a clam, you can see it from a distance, like thermal ink, even without looking at the map. That knowledge can be really useful for collecting clams and knowing where other squids are!

Drew Sebastino

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Espozo
Switch Friend Code
SW-3924-6316-9401
I think that the answer depends on whether you want to play offensively or defensively.
With no communication and just the lousy teammates you often get, you end up having to do both regardless of whether or not you want to, lol.

(Forge Splattershot Pro, wow you are pretty broken on this mode)
It's pretty good in every mode really; definitely my favorite long range weapon by a "long shot". (:rolleyes:) You'll beat most anyone in open areas from having superior range due to the close range meta, and Suction Bombs are often pretty good at getting people out from behind walls to fight you where you want them. (Although the problem is not running out of ink then...) The Bubble Blower does this on top of making up for this weapon's lesser ink coverage. It's basically the Berry Splattershot Pro from the first game, which was my favorite long range weapon there as well for the same reasons.

One of my other favorite weapons for Clam Blitz are the two Splat Dualies. The dodge roll has helped me countless times in getting past everyone.

TheTrustedTaco

Inkling
Switch Friend Code
SW-4625-4802-9018
For Clam Blitz, I would say an Inkbrush, Splat Dualies, Heavy Splatling Deco, and the Luna Blaster.

First of all, the Inkbrush was kind of a no-brainer. It has the fastest out of ink movement speed in the entire game and allows you to avoid shots while collecting clams. However, it's not the weapon you would want to kill and pave the way for the teammate with the power clam. The Octobrush is slower, but it's high damage and range can help if your teammates can't be there to assist you.

The Splat Dualies are very helpful in this mode. They can back up your brush while they're collecting clams and defend them when they go into the other team's base. They can also be used to collect clams because the dodge rolling is such a great way to avoid enemies while in the other team's base.

The Heavy Splatling Deco is probably one of the best weapons for defense. With the splash walls, you can block enemies from charging to your basket and the bubbles can be put near the other team's basket when making a push. It's long range can easily pick off opponents from a distance who have power clams and are heading for your basket. However, it's not the ideal weapon for charging in because of it's mobility and charge speed.

The Luna Blaster is basically a go-to killing weapon for every mode. It can easily take out all of the enemies in the way of your brush. Plus, the baller can make a path into the other team's court and explode when the enemies are trying to take out the teammate with the power clam. The Splattershot Pro can be a replacement for the Luna Blaster because of it's great range and damage. It'll also help to communicate with your teammates so that a power clam doesn't sneak past you.

AllToonedUp

Inkling Cadet
*cough* Octobrush *cough* Jokes aside :p

I think it heavily depends on if you play offensively or defensively because Clam Blitz is a mode that truly requires teamwork and synergy. For example: Inkbrushes are great for collecting clams and playing offensively, while Splat Brella is good for approaching with its shield and walling out people's hits.

And regarding specials, Ink Armor and Baller are good for more offensive strategies and pushing while Ink Storm and Tenta Missles are better for more defensive capabilities, so its hard to say since it's a very situational mode.

TechSkylander1518

Full Squid
Discovered something very interesting:

With most specials, your clams spurt out as soon as you activate them. (Splashdown, Ink Jet, etc) But with the Baller, this doesn't happen until you activate the Inksplosion-meaning that you can carry a football with near-invincibility for a while! (Don't know if this works with Ink Armor, too-I haven't seen it happen myself)

Dessgeega

Egyptian Goo God
Switch Friend Code
SW-3756-0533-5215
Anything with mobility can win the day. Map control is also vital in this mode, what with the constant movement and being able to see clams as they spawn. As others have said, Bubble Blower and Ink Armor are the specials du jour - Clams can be thrown THROUGH bubbles which makes for ridiculous plays, and ink armor is as powerful as always. Combining the two makes for nigh-unstoppable if momentary pushes. Personally, I use the Dualie Squelchers, as unconventional as it is the good balance of speed and painting and reach gets results for me.

There's still debate on what's best for this mode, but really, take anything with those two specials or that can move/paint at a good clip and you've got good odds.

The Salamander King

NNID
sintiss0421
Switch Friend Code
SW-3785-4018-5310
After looking at the meta weapons (AKA the Forge Pro and the Nzap) I've found that Custom Jet Squelcher can do very well on certain maps as a meta counter. It outranges Forge easily, so I don't usually have much trouble taking them out. The same thing goes for Nzap, but I can also utilize burst bombs a bit more when fighting close up. Also, the Sting Ray completely counters/helps bubbles. The beam will not only do damage to the bubbles, but also to anyone inside of them, making one of their primary uses (sitting inside of them as shields) completely useless. The ray will also pop your own bubbles faster as well. I play a fairly defensive CJS, so I usually stay back, punishing overly aggressive players and painting the map. It is for this reason I run Respawn Punisher, a normally horrible ability that actually has quite a few good uses on Jet. I only tend to die about 2-3 times per game, so I get a much bigger reward than most other weapons would. I also run Object Shredder to fight bubbles and Armour even more easily.

Erebus

Full Squid
NNID
Grace
Switch Friend Code
SW-3893-5350-1423
I definitely haven't mastered this mode yet, since I'm still stuck at S (S+ in all other modes). Normally I main an nzap, but I keep finding myself alone defending the net while 3-4 of the other team are bum-rushing me, and with the nzap, I can always take out one or two, but three or four and I'm getting run over. I was trying the slosher out today, and I was just picking off everybody as they came in. Then when my team was ready for a push, I'd just add some pressure with the tenta missiles before attacking, and we'd break through. Normally I avoid brushes and buckets just because I feel goofy hitting the button so much, but I suppose if it works...This mode just requires so much teamwork, but in random ranked, you can't count on the team to do anything too complex. I think I'm going to keep running the slosher and see if it still works in the higher ranks. Anyone have good results with one of the buckets?

Erebus

Full Squid
NNID
Grace
Switch Friend Code
SW-3893-5350-1423
Well, I finally got to S+ in CB, and it was definitely by trading my nzap for the slosher. Offensively, I think I do about the same, but defensively, it's a lot better. In my last battle that put me over, we were up by 30 going into OT. My whole team except me got splatted. When the other team pushed, I took out 3 of their guys before getting splatted myself. They broke our barrier, but by then the rest of my team was back in.
Of course, the tenta missiles are good for applying pressure at a safe distance, to start a push. And they also give away the other team's location, so you have an idea of how hard to move in. But the nzap has tenta too. You can just hold off a lot more attackers with the slosher, for when the rest of your team eats it.

J'Wiz

Inkling Cadet
NNID
JWiz
Glooga Decos have been working out pretty well for me in Clams. Its kit is great for both pushing and defending. It's especially helpful on stages with chokepoints. Slap on a Baller when I want to push or distract the enemy. Use Splash Wall when I want to keep enemies from scoring.

For the main weapon itself....I'm getting used to it. I still have difficulty killing outside of turret mode, but the added range does make it more reliable in turret mode. Especially since you kill at .52 Gal time at near .96 Gal range without the RNG.

Nyabby

Inkling
NNID
soulsilveraero
Switch Friend Code
SW-0354-4659-5697
Gals and Dualies are my go to weapons in this mode; particularly if the Special is Ink Storm or Baller.
Storm spots out the shells, Baller protects you when making a push. Self explanatory, I don't put too much thought into a strategy.

Erebus

Full Squid
NNID
Grace
Switch Friend Code
SW-3893-5350-1423
Quick video to show exactly what I'm talking about. Nursing a small lead in S+. All my teammates get splatted. The other team rushes me. My bucket takes out all of them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom