• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Good western cartoons

MasterE

Inkling
So is it just me or there are a lot of very good cartoons that have been airing in the past couple years? Not only are there a lot of them there are a lot that appeal to a lot of different "target audiences"? I just finished/caught up on some shows so I was hoping if there are some other animated shows I should give a chance. These are some of my favorites of the past couple years that I can remember off the top of my head. If you have any you would suggest I watch let me know.
  • BoJack Horseman
  • Steven Universe
  • Gravity Falls
  • Adventure Time
  • Regular show
  • Legend of Korra
  • Star vs. The Forces of Evil (kinda)
  • Archer
  • Bob's Burgers
  • Over the Garden Wall

Lefty

Nice la~
Im pretty sure Avatar: The Last Airbender still airs to this day. That has to be the best western cartoon by far <3

MasterE

Inkling
Im pretty sure Avatar: The Last Airbender still airs to this day. That has to be the best western cartoon by far <3
ATLA is amazing and I have seen it (hence the reason I watched Korra) but that started 9 years ago... I'm looking more like 2011 and earlier. Mostly I'm looking for stuff I missed over the past few years.

Draayder

Inkling Cadet
Well you'v covered all the one's I'm following right now lol. I know some people are fans of The Amazing World of Gumball but I can't personally vouch for it, and Uncle Grandpa's good only if you're into the really nonsensical and kind of stupid humor.

I've actually liked some of Sonic Boom, it's got some good jokes but is a bit hit and miss to me, and I'll give a shout out to Teen Titans Go for having solid jokes from what I've seen, tho it might be a bit childish compared to what you're watching. If you liked the original series I'd just pretend that these aren't even the same characters since they're sooooooo boiled down comparatively.

MasterE

Inkling
I watch sonic boom, it has genuinely funny moments but it kind of a repetitive show. I am also not the biggest fan of cg art. I feel its great for singular clips.

I watched most of S1 of Gumbal and was not that impressed. it had some good moments but it seemed mediocre to me. I hear good things about season 2 but I have not checked it out.

I can't stand stuff like Uncle Grandpa and teen titans go (especial since The orignal TT was one of my favorite shows when I was a bit younger). I guess I can't really watch random nonsequitar comedy anymore, it seems to just annoy me :(.

Trieste Sp

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
I haven't watched any western cartoons because they don't air in my region but I remember watching The Roadrunner Show as a child.

Marraphy

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Marraph
Well you'v covered all the one's I'm following right now lol. I know some people are fans of The Amazing World of Gumball but I can't personally vouch for it, and Uncle Grandpa's good only if you're into the really nonsensical and kind of stupid humor.

I've actually liked some of Sonic Boom, it's got some good jokes but is a bit hit and miss to me, and I'll give a shout out to Teen Titans Go for having solid jokes from what I've seen, tho it might be a bit childish compared to what you're watching. If you liked the original series I'd just pretend that these aren't even the same characters since they're sooooooo boiled down comparatively.
I've seen Teen Titans Go; while I was a huge fan of the original Teen Titans and was disappointed when the "reboot" turned out to be Go, I DO actually enjoy watching it for the humor

Also I will ALSO VOUCH for Sonic Boom (TV SHOW, dear god do not play the game lol) because that show's hilarious sometimes and Sonic's new design is an improvement imo.

As for things that weren't already mentioned.... ummmmm... there's not really much else atm. Bee and Puppycat? Im fond of that show. Natasha's personality is really transparent through her characters, haha

It's funny how scarce western cartoons are compared to Japanese animation that has multitudes of new shows every season (though most of them are pretty bad imo, there's usually just a couple of gems per year)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom