• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

• Hey Guest, the Side Order expansion is now available!

If you're playing the new DLC, please remember to keep your thread titles spoiler free, and use [spoiler] tags for any relevant spoilers in your posts.

Goosebumps(Nostalgia The Books The Show...The Merchandise...The Movie)

sweetface

Inkster Jr.
NNID
badesire
I loved Goosebumps when I was younger, it's the first book series I remember really getting into, and I liked watching the TV show they made for it too. I didn't know there was a movie coming out. It sounds pretty cheesy (probably to be expected with Goosebumps), but I'll probably watch it!

Cadet Strongarm

Pro Squid
NNID
GothicNightmare
yeah it had a bunch of release date changes and by November of last year it was suppose to come out in 2016 but got bumped up to October 2015

unfortunately some monsters were cut from the movie for budget reasons(which is why most of the monsters appear to be generic ghouls and only a few of them are actually from the goosebumps books)

Cadet Strongarm

Pro Squid
NNID
GothicNightmare
Wait, there's going to be a movie?o_O
yup October of this year...apparently plans for a goosebumps movie started in 1998 when tim buron was sought after to direct it but things didn't turn out so well and it became a long road to get to where we are now

Jack Black's Playing R.L Stine While The Real Stine simply plays a small cameo bit(Black's Stine Will be more sinister and mysterious than the actual goosebumps writer)

it does strike me as a bit odd that The Stine In The Movie is gonna be treated as some brooding horror novelist when the real stine didn't come off that way at all

plus the budget that forced them to cut down the number of iconic monsters in the movie has me concerned.....if we're only seeing a handful of goosebumps monsters while the rest are generic vampires werewolves zombies and various ghouls then it's not really goosebumps is it?

Smugpugpup

Inkling
NNID
Smugpugpup
Oh man I loved Goosebumps! I didn't read many of the books, but I used to be really into watching the TV show, and even now that I'm older it's fun to watch a couple episodes on occasion (even if it's usually to poke fun at them).
I haven't kept up with the movie though, and I'm not really sure if I'm too interested in seeing it. Just seems kinda strange that they'd try to make a movie out of the series; seems like it would just end up being a "Greatest Hits" of the books.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom