• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Gravity Falls Social

ThatSquidYouKnow

Inkling Commander
NNID
link12014
Switch Friend Code
SW-0194-3194-0146
I just got into this series which is kinda sad actually, and it's the best show on TV right now imo. I've watched all the episodes so far and now I'm just waiting for the next one. Just to be safe, if you talk about spoilers, put them in a box.

Razen

Inkling
NNID
RazenRaven
Honestly the only show I bother keeping up with. The last couple episodes have been pretty feelsy, eh?

ThatSquidYouKnow

Inkling Commander
NNID
link12014
Switch Friend Code
SW-0194-3194-0146
Honestly the only show I bother keeping up with. The last couple episodes have been pretty feelsy, eh?
Yeah. next one comes out on the 24 and I'm just waiting 'til then.

ILikeKirbys

Inkling Commander
NNID
ILikeKirbys
Hey, this show's still on? Cool, I remember liking it when I watched it. Think I watched most of the episodes up to Not What He Seems, then it just sorta disappeared for a bit.
Good show, glad to hear it's still around.
Kind of wondering what was up with the portal at the end. Did they ever say what was on the other side? And Grunkle Stan's twin brother is apparently the author? Didn't call that, probably should have though.

ThatSquidYouKnow

Inkling Commander
NNID
link12014
Switch Friend Code
SW-0194-3194-0146
Hey, this show's still on? Cool, I remember liking it when I watched it. Think I watched most of the episodes up to Not What He Seems, then it just sorta disappeared for a bit.
Good show, glad to hear it's still around.
Kind of wondering what was up with the portal at the end. Did they ever say what was on the other side? And Grunkle Stan's twin brother is apparently the author? Didn't call that, probably should have though.
There's only been 2 episodes since then so you haven't missed much.
But the portal led to the dimension all the weird things come from.

StayPuft

Pro Squid
NNID
cellularSP
It's a pretty good show. My friend and I have deduced that the reason the show is consistently enjoyable is because Alex Hirsch has had a hand in writing a good majority of the episodes, which allows him to have good control over how his characters act and behave, which has kept them very consistent and enjoyable throughout the series (doesn't hurt that he also voices a good handful of characters as well).

Dungeons, Dungeons, and More Dungeons (I'm pretty sure that was the latest episode) was an alright episode, with some pretty well-written jokes (which, surprisingly, weren't made by Weird Al, who guest starred in this episode, which honestly feels like a bit of a waste). It was definitely more of a "breather" episode after all the plot and backstory that was thrown around in the previous episodes, though that didn't stop it from throwing out some hints at what might be in store for us during the second part of the 2nd season (by the way, this show is STILL only in its second season... this show came out when I was graduating high school, now Im about to enter my last year of college... yeesh).

seakingtheonixpected

Inkling Cadet
NNID
kathrynmc92
It one of my favorite modern kids shows next to Steven Universe. I was really surprised when they made a Dating Sim episode. Hoping more episodes come soon, seems like its been a while since there was a new episode.

seakingtheonixpected

Inkling Cadet
NNID
kathrynmc92
Is it just me or is Gravity Falls kind of flying under the radar? Which is weird, I figured the show would explode.

ThatSquidYouKnow

Inkling Commander
NNID
link12014
Switch Friend Code
SW-0194-3194-0146
Is it just me or is Gravity Falls kind of flying under the radar? Which is weird, I figured the show would explode.
It exploded around the Bill Cipher episode, but with then there was a drought after A Tale of Two Stans so many people ignored it for a while. I hope it'll explode again, like Steven Universe did.

StayPuft

Pro Squid
NNID
cellularSP
I think it's because of the lack of constant new episodes. Steven Universe has 1 new episode a week, though they've also thrown out three "Steven Bombs" which are plot-heavy clusters of 5 new episodes in a single week; I remember Steven Universe "exploding," if you will, around the 1st Steven Bomb. Gravity Falls has been keen on keeping us thirsting for more new episodes, which does draw people back into watching the show when a new one does air, but at the same time causes overall activity to die down until the next episode. Gravity Falls will "explode" again when there's another big plot development occurring. Reminder that Bill Cipher is still out there.

ThatSquidYouKnow

Inkling Commander
NNID
link12014
Switch Friend Code
SW-0194-3194-0146
I think it's because of the lack of constant new episodes. Steven Universe has 1 new episode a week, though they've also thrown out three "Steven Bombs" which are plot-heavy clusters of 5 new episodes in a single week; I remember Steven Universe "exploding," if you will, around the 1st Steven Bomb. Gravity Falls has been keen on keeping us thirsting for more new episodes, which does draw people back into watching the show when a new one does air, but at the same time causes overall activity to die down until the next episode. Gravity Falls will "explode" again when there's another big plot development occurring. Reminder that Bill Cipher is still out there.
Yes, yes he is. Time Baby too.

ThatSquidYouKnow

Inkling Commander
NNID
link12014
Switch Friend Code
SW-0194-3194-0146
Well, I'm here waiting for the seventh of September. That ending with Gideon pumped me up.

seakingtheonixpected

Inkling Cadet
NNID
kathrynmc92
Props for the WOY avatar, @Larkison.

The portal was destroyed, so I doubt anyone will be going into it again.

Although there are some theories about what's on the other side...
I didn't mean by actually going through the portal. I'm assuming Stanford will eventually tell Dipper and they will probably show us while he tells Dipper.

ShinyGirafarig

Inkling Commander
NNID
ShinyGirafarig
Switch Friend Code
SW-6085-7937-9686
What a great episode this was today.

ThatSquidYouKnow

Inkling Commander
NNID
link12014
Switch Friend Code