• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Greetings, squids!

Stevens94

Inkling
NNID
Jakey-Stevens
Hello folks! My name is Jake Stevens. People call me by either, and I'm also nicknamed Stev by my friends, so feel free to call me by any! Just like you guys, I'm eagerly awaiting the arrival of Splatoon. It looks like a breath of fresh air for the Wii U, and I just want to get stuck in. Anywho, here's a bit more about myself. I'll separate into gaming and IRL-focused.

I'm a 20 year-old university student, studying BSc Geography, in my penultimate year. Needless to say, it's going by stupidly fast. I'm an avid movie-goer, with a passion for anything Sci-Fi or Action. DC/Marvel movies are ones which I am really enjoying and/or looking forward to a lot. Some of my favourite movies include The Avengers 1 (seeing #2 within the next few days), Interstellar, Star Wars (the originals), The Matrix Trilogy, and so on. Music-wise, I enjoy an array. Fall Out Boy, Calvin Harris, Foo Fighters, Arctic Monkeys, Green Day, Eminem and Ed Sheeran to name a few. I enjoy playing football (soccer), tennis, table tennis and badminton casually. I also enjoy a good night out every so often.

Gaming-wise, I've always loved Nintendo, ever since my parents bought the N64 back when I was a toddler. Mario Kart was the first game I fell in love with, and still play it to this day. Some of you may not know, but there is quite a substantial competitive community right now for Mario Kart, as seen on its largest community forum, MKBoards. I'm an administrator there, as well as it being host to the largest clan leagues for both Mario Kart Wii and Mario Kart 8. I run MK8's league, Mario Kart Universal, and am also heavily involved with MKW's league, the Custom Server League. I'm also part of a team called EndGame TV; a dedicated platform for streaming and tournaments around Mario Kart. Hopefully, we can grow to cover more than just Mario Kart in the future, but for now, we're hosting a Mario Kart World Cup from June 19 - July 12, covering both MKW and MK8. It's being sponsored with such sponsors including Elgato who are offering prizes, so needless to say we're pretty excited!

In terms of everything else gaming; I also own a PS4 and 3DS. The Uncharted series, Assassin's Creed series, The Last of Us, God of War series, FIFA and CoD: Black Ops series are some of my favourites for Sony. Nintendo, anything Mario, Zelda or Metroid, as well as Smash Bros. I also love Halo and Forza, but can't afford a X1.

I'd love to see Splatoon be a success, as it certainly has the potential. It'd be great to help with that as well. If anyone wants to chat about anything, feel free to shoot me a PM and whatnot. Other than that, take care. :)

Lyn

Squid Savior From the Future
Premium
Welcome to Squidboards. You like Metroid, hm? Here's the Metroid social thread, I hope to see you there. :) [Link]

Tyler

Inkster Jr.
NNID
Tylershwam
welcome to the boards stev, nice to see ya around

kunoichi squid

Inkling Cadet
Welcome, Jake! I like Sci-Fi movies, too; but due to money constraints I haven't been able to see any as of late. Hope to see you around the forums.

Rescue22

Semi-Pro Squid
NNID
CheckMyAboutMe
Welcome to the boards, Jake from Statefarm. (This should be your new nickname by the way. Haha, jk!)
I also like the Uncharted series, my favorite from the series being the 3rd one. Ever try out the Metal Gear Solid series? I personally think it's something amazing from Sony. MGSV is coming out later in the year.
Oh sorry about that, I got lost in my rambling, haha. I hope to see you around tho! :D

Stevens94

Inkling
NNID
Jakey-Stevens
Thanks for the warm welcomes (Y)
Welcome to Squidboards. You like Metroid, hm? Here's the Metroid social thread, I hope to see you there. :) [Link]
Ah yes, will check that out. :P
Welcome, Jake! I like Sci-Fi movies, too; but due to money constraints I haven't been able to see any as of late. Hope to see you around the forums.
Damn. =/ There's always sites like putlocker I suppose. And you too =]
Welcome to the boards, Jake from Statefarm. (This should be your new nickname by the way. Haha, jk!)
I also like the Uncharted series, my favorite from the series being the 3rd one. Ever try out the Metal Gear Solid series? I personally think it's something amazing from Sony. MGSV is coming out later in the year.
Oh sorry about that, I got lost in my rambling, haha. I hope to see you around tho! :D
Hehe. U2 for me, I enjoyed the story more overall, they're all great though. U4 should be just as good! And not really, played around an hour of Ground Zeroes but the series is something I've been meaning to get around to at some point. MGSV is looking really good (Y)

Rescue22

Semi-Pro Squid
NNID
CheckMyAboutMe
Thanks for the warm welcomes (Y)
Hehe. U2 for me, I enjoyed the story more overall, they're all great though. U4 should be just as good! And not really, played around an hour of Ground Zeroes but the series is something I've been meaning to get around to at some point. MGSV is looking really good (Y)
I highly recommend it, it's probably one of my favorite video game series, if not my all-time favorite. MGSV is really going to be something tho. :P #HypePost

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom