1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Squidboards now has its own Discord server!

Join us on Discord!

3. Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 15,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 150,000 posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Splatoon community!

4. Splatoon 2 has released around the globe!

Join the Splatoon 2 hype and discussion!

Grizzco Break Room

Discussion in 'Regular Discussion' started by calamaro, Sep 15, 2017.

1. calamaro

calamaro Inkling Cadet

Welcome to the break room.

Figure we needed a spot to kick back before, between, and after our Salmon Run shifts.

We can talk about our co-workers, weapon choices, strategy, what in the hell is our boss doing with all those eggs, and etc.

Enjoy and stay safe.

Yin_, Slurmp, Hero of Lime and 4 others like this.
  2. Wosie

Wosie Pro Squid

NNID:
    purpleWosie
    Switch Friend Code:
    SW-7996-5480-4886
    I'm sure I will visit this thread frequently. b(^.^)
    How do you all like the current/new system of random weapons being loaned out? I really enjoy the Grizzco Blaster! I wonder if it'll be available for purchase in the future. C:

3. calamaro

calamaro Inkling Cadet

Have not had a chance to check out the random set up yet. Looking forward to it.

I dont get it some times though. Mr. Grizz wants those eggs but some of those weapon choices he makes...

Debbie, Yin_, Mr. 9 and 1 other person like this.
  4. alexj9626

alexj9626 Inkling

That blaster its crazy. I was lucky enough to get it 3 waves in a row, got like 75 eggs. Is awesome.

5. NBSink

NBSink Semi-Pro Squid

Switch Friend Code:
    SW-5607-3736-5200
    Yeah. That Blaster is kinda crazy! I really hope it's not just some sort of salmonrun exclusive weapon at the end. So Nintendo: Please release it later

Flopps and Wosie like this.
  6. Wosie

Wosie Pro Squid

NNID:
    purpleWosie
    Switch Friend Code:
    SW-7996-5480-4886
    One can always hope! If it does get released, it will probably get nerfed by a lot, as it seems to be quite powerful...

I reached my highest ever Salmon Run status today, Profreshional 500. :D Hopefully I can up it even more later on today, but now I should really take a break.
    My teammates were absolutely awesome today (my teams only lost a handful of times), so a big Booyah to everyone I played with!

Yin_ and inkcan like this.
  7. MINKUKEL

MINKUKEL Semi-Pro Squid

I played as the Grizzco Blaster...one wave. It's pretty fun, but it doesn't feel balanced at all for the normal multiplayer.

8. J'Wiz

J'Wiz Full Squid

NNID:
    JWiz
    I'm really enjoying the random weapon rotation in the current Salmon Run. I don't look at my special and go "I get the crap rotation this time!". Sure there's some rolls that mess everyone up, but I think the only real weapons that can't do much of anything are the Dynamo Roller and H-3 Nozzlenose. An all charger rotation can be a nightmare, but that in itself is interesting. I had one where all of us had a Grizzco Blaster. We tore everything up.

I'm actually not going to try out the Kelp Dome today because I'd rather do this Salmon Run.

Admittedly I'm having trouble getting past 150 Profreshional. We almost always have a surprise wipe on the third wave.

9. Lyn

Lyn Squid Savior From the Future
    Premium

GrizzCo needs to stop distributing it's chargers to me. Clearly it doesn't understand my strengths as an employee! :p

10. Flopps

Flopps Pro Squid

Switch Friend Code:
    SW-3195-9273-4326
    What if Mr. Grizz is an Octoling? Octolings drop power eggs when they die. Also, the GrizzCo Handbook syas that they're used for energy, but the inklings already have the Zapfish. In addition, Mr. Grizz says that the Grizzco Blaster is "One of his favorites", but if it's his favorite, then he's must've used it, and Sheldon doesn't sell it, so he can't be an inkling.

A minor theory is that Mr. Grizz is more than one person because we says, "Here at Grizzco, WE are trying to make the world a better place." He doesn't say I.

11. Hero of Lime

Hero of Lime Inkling Fleet Admiral

NNID:
    Link643
    Switch Friend Code:
    SW-5339-5185-8796.
    I hope the random weapon session returns soon since I was out of town for the weekend, missing it. I want more fun with OP versions of weapons!

Flopps likes this.
  12. Slurmp

Slurmp Pro Squid

NNID:
    HedgehogOverlord
    He likely uses we to speak for the entire company, including employees.

Flopps and Yin_ like this.
  13. MINKUKEL

MINKUKEL Semi-Pro Squid

Octolings only drop eggs because that makes sense from a gameplay perspective.

And yeah, it's called GrizzCO., obviously he would be saying that.

Yin_ likes this.
  14. Spraylan

Spraylan Semi-Pro Squid

NNID:
    JonasOrtega
    If GrizzCo uniforms had one Main slot, what would you put in it?

Yin_ likes this.
  15. Dessgeega

Dessgeega Squid Savior From the Future
    Premium

Switch Friend Code:
    SW-3756-0533-5215
    Ink recovery. And I thought reloading in the competitive modes could be intense...

Jenizen, Либра, Yin_ and 2 others like this.
  16. Padre

Padre Inkster Jr.

One thing is sure:
    I wont trust our boss until I see where the eggs go...

Mr. 9 and Yin_ like this.
  17. Yin_

Yin_ Senior Squid

Very true, very true...

18. Jon914

Jon914 Senior Squid

Today is an easy loadout (Jr/Slosher/Flingza/Squiff), but randoms have been awful today. That Grizzco blaster carried people up to Profresh who aren't ready for it.

Wiped twice in a row on first round Goldie hunt when they opened all the gushers, and nobody else (especially the roller) would deal with the mooks.

On one run with all non-event waves, they kept dropping like flies. I died once and rescued them 9 times (one guy died 7 times). We just barely made it, and at the end, there was no booyahing or partying at all...

Slurmp and Yin_ like this.
  19. dishwasher

dishwasher Full Squid

Oh I've never had the Grizzco Blaster yet. Sounds sweet though. I actually had a great run last night, where we got 90 eggs one run which is the highest I've gotten.

Just some of my thoughts: I'm glad people are finally learning about using the stingray for the mothership, although some people don't realise you need to wait for it to start moving before you shoot it. I've found the ink jet it really good for pushing your team past a countdown if you become overwhelmed. And I think the squiffer or charger are my favourite weapons.

Doctor, Flopps, TheoMG and 1 other person like this.
  20. Flopps

Flopps Pro Squid

Switch Friend Code:
    SW-3195-9273-4326
    How does it make sense?

21. calamaro

calamaro Inkling Cadet

th.jpg This is what I felt like with the GrizzCo blaster..

May go to HR over the gootube and the amount of times I got it during the random shift...

Debbie, Mr. 9, Yin_ and 1 other person like this.
  22. MissingNumbers

MissingNumbers Inkling Commander

NNID:
    MissingN
    Switch Friend Code:
    SW-4262-2166-2532
    That's just how company speeches work, always.

23. MINKUKEL

MINKUKEL Semi-Pro Squid

It makes sense from a gameplay pov, in the same way it makes no in-universe sense that Bowser would hide powerups Mario can use in his castle, but yet there they are.

24. Jon914

Jon914 Senior Squid

I like being the charger in Salmon Run, but why does Mr. Grizz always give us scoped chargers on Lost Outpost? He hates his employees. :(

Danku, calamaro and Slurmp like this.
  25. Yin_

Yin_ Senior Squid

Why does he give us chargers at all?

26. Dessgeega

Premium

Switch Friend Code:
    SW-3756-0533-5215
    So does every other large corporation.

Debbie and Jon914 like this.
  27. くコ:彡 - ROXY

くコ:彡 - ROXY Full Squid

NNID:
    Spamus
    I hope they do the mystery weapon thing again or more often. I like not know what weapon I'll get next ^^

Debbie likes this.
  28. Silxer

Silxer Inkling Cadet

NNID:
    Dan1771
    I for one love one hit splatting those stealheads with the Splat Charger, but I only like the Splat Charger in Salmon Run... every other charger has some sort of flaw that makes me not like them as much (whether it be to low damage and low range with uncharged shots from the Squiffer, or just being tooooo slow to use like the E-Liter 4K).

Hero of Lime likes this.
  29. Wosie

Wosie Pro Squid

NNID:
    purpleWosie
    Switch Friend Code:
    SW-7996-5480-4886
    I love using chargers in SR! I like all of them, but I think mostly the E-liter 4k without the scope. :)
    You guys! Only 12 minutes left until Grizzco Industries is up and running again! Yeehaaw. :D

30. Либра

Либра 「Clumsy Assassin」
    Premium

Because there's people who love to play chargers for a living (or: in-game moneys) and are actually super happy to get them handed out in Salmon Run like I do! Yes, even you, scoped E-Liter and Goof-Tuber, even you.

Doctor, Wosie, Yin_ and 2 others like this.
  31. Berry

Berry Full Squid

NNID:
    BlazzBerry
    Y'know, this comp isnt so bad. The inkbrush is something to worry with on high tide griller waves but everythimg else compliments the weapon.

Dessgeega likes this.
  32. Jon914

Jon914 Senior Squid

The Inkbrush is awesome on this map because of all the grates. On Grillers, I'd focus on the smallfry and hope the others are savvy enough to use the wall "trick".

Yin_ and Dessgeega like this.
  33. calamaro

calamaro Inkling Cadet

I dunno whats more satisfying splat bombing a Maws or an one shot steel head kill.

*slips a note into the suggestion box* "Dear Mr.Grizz stop with the inkbrushes."

Debbie and Hero of Lime like this.
  34. kidsquid17

kidsquid17 Inkster Jr.

NNID:
    Firefin
    Switch Friend Code:
    SW-5267-5861-7211
    I agree, this would be great for flyfish, yes you can kill it in one missile launch but its hard when you're being bombarded by other salmonoids.

35. J'Wiz

J'Wiz Full Squid

NNID:
    JWiz
    I like getting the charger on Salmon run. I practice with them, so I'm sure I can contribute. Actually I dislike the loadouts where I don't get the charger. For the past two, it has been the Bomb Rush lineup that didn't have the Chargers.

The Brushes can be nice in the right circumstances. They are lacking in damage, but they're good for staying alive and fetching eggs.

The mention of the wall "trick" in Lost Outpost beings up a question. What's the general opinion of it? I see some runs where if someone tries it, everyone else on the team will spam "This way!" until he/she gets off of the wall. I think it makes Glowfly rushes a little less stressful, since you have more time to refill your ink. For Grillers, I prefer to use the step outside of the building.

36. Jon914

Jon914 Senior Squid

The wall trick works if your teammates take the grillers out quickly and make sure to take down the small fry, so you don't get mauled. When everyone does their job, the round is effortless.

On some loadouts, if 2 different people are targeted, and there may not be enough firepower to take out both. A special may be needed to hurry it up, but it's better used that way than in a panic when things go south.

I haven't tried the trick on rushes. Being down one on firepower could be a handicap.

37. calamaro

calamaro Inkling Cadet

Has anyone ever gone the whole Griller round with the inkbrush and not died at least one time? That set up is my bane.

Debbie and Berry like this.
  38. Spraylan

Spraylan Semi-Pro Squid

NNID:
    JonasOrtega
    Mr Grizz sent you out with a Dynamo Roller because he wanted you to die.

Debbie, Slurmp and Berry like this.
  39. Dessgeega

Premium

Switch Friend Code:
    SW-3756-0533-5215
    Still better than retail :p I want another all-shooter loadout, those were magical.

Spraylan, Berry and Silxer like this.
  40. John W

John W Inkster Jr.
    Content Team

NNID:
    RetruateStudios
    I've got to say the first load-out of the game was probably the best. It had the vanilla weapons of each class. Very balanced. I wish we could have loud-outs like that again.