• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Guilty Pleasures

Rex

Inkster Jr.
NNID
Xerhid
I have these certain actions in Splatoon that take extra pleasure in doing. For example, I absolutely LOVE splatting aerosprays! I take much more pleasure in splatting them than any other weapon. In particular, I love splatting the MG variety because they are such a nuisance in that they are so common.

Anyone else have odd guilty pleasures in this game?

Lyn

Squid Savior From the Future
Premium
The bucket losing animation, and also playing Splatoon in general but that doesn't count.

SquiliamTentacles

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Mr_Squigggles
Storming the tower in ink with the Dynamo Roller, using ninja skills to whack squids to death with an Inkbrush, and Suction Bomb Rush in general.

Glen W

Inkster Jr.
NNID
DeadbirdBlack
Got to agree with the suction bomb rush such a thrill! i also like teasing krakens with my swim speed up luring them into a trap :)

LMG

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Luring Krakens into my base just to have them perish at the hand of all of my teammates :ability_damage:

Green inker

Full Squid
NNID
sonimario2000
finding devilishly hidden Squid beacons on maps, Seriously no checks some spots and when they do I hunt them down and splat them.

Inyo

Inkling Cadet
NNID
SurfGreenGibby
Randomly throwing a Suction Bomb or Splat Bomb into the enemy base or a distant firefight to see if it splats anybody. It works about 15% of the time and when it does, I laugh and laugh because it's not a really smart thing to do at all.

Also, hiding around a corner in a very small puddle with a Roller and waiting for somebody to walk by to get skooshed. Except I'm never guilty about that (be paranoid, stay alive)

Ars Nova

Semi-Pro Squid
NNID
creed32
Switch Friend Code
SW-5634-9921-9888
My guilty pleasure is splating somebody over a wall with the slosher. I get the best action in Moray Towers.

Summer1401

Full Squid
NNID
Litaker
Dancing around the tower, using the pillar as a shield from everything. It's way too much fun.

Cereal

Full Squid
NNID
Xyvone
Switching back and forth between squid and inkling form while jumping right after I splat someone

Especially after I kill the whole team, I can imagine them getting irritated lol

staindgrey

Inkling
NNID
staindgrey
Fighting someone next to a corner, then pulling back and hiding in the ink directly next to the wall, waiting for them to pass, and splatting them from behind.

I am shocked by how often that works. You'd think they'd ink the floor directly next to the wall, but nope! Run right past it.

dapperlace

Pro Squid
The really slow walk animation, also the skipping animation.

Also, fleeing from Kraken narrowly and stalking them to splat the player.

ILikeKirbys

Inkling Commander
NNID
ILikeKirbys
I enjoy spawncamping during Turf War, just standing a short bit away from the spawn point and splatting enemies as they try to leave. It's not that effective unless it lasts the whole match, and it's borderline meaningless on Kelp/Bluefin/Moray (Kelp due to the large spawn area being impossible to cover with just one Inkling, Bluefin for the difficulty of reaching the spawn point and the ease of which you can splat Inklings who wait just outside the spawn area, or at least it felt that way during Splatfest #2, Moray due to the length of time it takes to reach the spawn point making it so you only have half the match to camp at best; but all of that just makes spawncamping those maps feel better), but it's really fun to get a few splats on enemies as they leave their spawn, and my teammates can handle inking the rest of the map (plus I already inked quite a bit of the map just getting to the spawn point, generally).
It's especially effective during Splatfest, for some reason. I can actually lock teams down there, whereas the rest of the time someone always slips by or I get splatted fairly quickly.

Also, jumping onto the trash cans by Spyke and going from there to the balcony by jumping. Completely pointless, but I like doing it after I visit Spyke.

BaraBeast

Inkling
NNID
BaraBeast
Hiding in the ink on a wall with a roller. Usually near the enemy spawn so that they pop out, charge right by me before I jump out and one-shot them, bringing shame and dishonor to their family.

Aykorn

Inkling Commander
NNID
A_korn
Switch Friend Code
SW-5939-8938-2753
It is soooo great sneaking up and splatting longer range chargers are with the Squiffer. Splatting with the Squiffer is satisfying in general. =u=

Blue24

Inkling Commander
NNID
bluebomber2425
I absolutely love to go after Snipers. I find their "Ahhh! get away from me" bomb throwing actions funny.

I don't mess with them on Moray towers and Aroma-TC tho. I ain't stupid.

Misery

Pro Squid
NNID
Xijara
Splatting ink rollers.

With land mines. Or Ink mines, whatever.... it's hilarious.

unforgiven

Inkster Jr.
I have a few guilty pleasures...

When I see an enemy super jumping, my favorite thing is to wait for him to land and splat him immediately.
To add more salt to the recipe, don't hide and keep firing until he drops and dies.

When a sniper is targeting me, like in the middle zone of Arowana Mall, I evade him in squid mode and I throw three burst bombs at him and finish him off with a few shots.

Launching an Inkstrike at the very end of the game and watching it color the zone after the countdown.

Hiding in a wall in squid when an enemy is close to me and surprise him with a kill.

Kill an enemy that is far away with the Inkzooka.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom