• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

• Hey Guest, the Side Order expansion is now available!

If you're playing the new DLC, please remember to keep your thread titles spoiler free, and use [spoiler] tags for any relevant spoilers in your posts.

Hacked BLACK Ink!?

Sindri

Inkling
NNID
Ydnac4axle
Hello! Im new here. I literally joined this forum because i HAD to share a discovery with somebody!! It must be a hack. I discovered an inkling in my plaza whose ink was black! It wasn't a trick of the light or just a darkened color. I posted to miiverse about it twice and within minutes nintendo took it down. Her status said "i am agent 5". This is boggling my mind! Thoughts?
20170409_171019.jpg
20170409_171019.jpg
20170409_171044.jpg

SonnyBlueBalls

Full Squid
NNID
ReaganMcClellan
Its not a hack. Its some weird attempt at garnering suspense by nintendo. There have been similar AGENT 4 sightings.

Edit: It seems her name is actually Lillie. Well you got me stumped. Someone else discovered that you can turn on black and white ink, earlier, dont ask me how :

Although there are clear reasons they wont allow white ink, what with all the perverts n all.

Last edited:

Goont

Inkling Cadet
NNID
PrankingMaster
Oh my. A few days ago a new hacker by the name "Agent 4" showed up with White Ink. It sparked a ton of interest in the Miiverse community. Clearly a new person has also figured out this hack and is using it to continue the trend. I wonder how far this will spread. Seems a patch is unlikely at this point.

Maave

Inkling Commander
I saw the Agent 4 too and totally forgot about it. Good fun even if it's hack.

Mendax

Pro Squid
NNID
hazzahbazzah
On my note, this morning I came across someone who had luminous pink. (Sort of like what it looks like when you have a special ability available)
Sadly, could not get a screenshot.

Sindri

Inkling
NNID
Ydnac4axle
Yeah this girl was claiming to be Agent 5. I just found it odd that nintendo took down my posts in less thsn 5 minutes. It was very cool to see, however!

Ansible

Squid Savior From the Future
Community Ambassador
Came across an "Agent 4" in similar getup but with grey tentacles.

Considering how long various hacks have been in the Splatoon community, that Nintendo seems to have written off the WiiU, and Splatoon 2 is nearing,.. I doubt they'll ever be any sort of patch to deal with any sort of hacking.

Goont

Inkling Cadet
NNID
PrankingMaster
I wonder when the glitch on doing it becomes wide-spread knowledge? I know it's easy to hack a Wii U and play as an Octoling, but keeping online support and showing up in other people's plaza's? I haven't the slightest clue on how one would do that.

Astra_

Inkster Jr.
This hack is old

Many people have used these hacks it's not new
There are people with Black,White,Red, etc colored ink
People such as NWPlayer123 have also hacked Octolings

Mendax

Pro Squid
NNID
hazzahbazzah
This hack is old

Many people have used these hacks it's not new
There are people with Black,White,Red, etc colored ink
People such as NWPlayer123 have also hacked Octolings
Can confirm, I've done both.
That said, I've never gone online with them, for good reason...

Tsuchinoko

Inkster Jr.
NNID
Tsuchinoko
Its not a hack. Its some weird attempt at garnering suspense by nintendo. There have been similar AGENT 4 sightings.

Edit: It seems her name is actually Lillie. Well you got me stumped. Someone else discovered that you can turn on black and white ink, earlier, dont ask me how :

Although there are clear reasons they wont allow white ink, what with all the perverts n all.
So you believe that to some extent this is actually a stunt pulled by Nintendo themselves and other's are now keeping it alive or something? If you have anymore information on Nintendo doing it then could you explain. This is all new to me and has me pretty interested.

Mikaya

Certified Nerd
Premium
Pronouns
She/Her
Switch Friend Code
SW-4841-8448-2209
I haven't actually encountered any inklings with custom ink colors, but I've heard of them from Splatoon Amino. The colours are nice but I wouldn't waste my time hacking to game to get my favourite. At first, it was probably quite cool, but it's now old news. :P

SonnyBlueBalls

Full Squid
NNID
ReaganMcClellan
So you believe that to some extent this is actually a stunt pulled by Nintendo themselves and other's are now keeping it alive or something? If you have anymore information on Nintendo doing it then could you explain. This is all new to me and has me pretty interested.
I thought agent 4 was a stunt by nintendo at first becuase it took forever for her to dissapear from everyones hub world. Not sure anymore. Agent 5 is probably a hacker in my opinion, either way theres not much evidence out there to support either argument, so its just speculation at this point.

Tsuchinoko

Inkster Jr.
NNID
Tsuchinoko
I thought agent 4 was a stunt by nintendo at first becuase it took forever for her to dissapear from everyones hub world. Not sure anymore. Agent 5 is probably a hacker in my opinion, either way theres not much evidence out there to support either argument, so its just speculation at this point.
If it was a Nintendo thing it would be pretty cool if Agent 4 was part of the story in some way for Splatoon 2.

ZEROrevive

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
ZEROrevive
Switch Friend Code
SW-0412-8620-8627
I'm not sure where everyone is thinking that this is a publicity stunt pulled by Nintendo. It's more or less a publicity stunt done by a couple of hackers to gain some attention towards themselves. Considering how much easier it's been becoming supposedly to hack the Wii U and its games...I'm not all that surprised.

And I've been hearing that people have been seeing more hackers during Turf Wars and Ranked mode. So consider that, also. It shouldn't come as a surprise to suddenly see custom colored inklings and whatnot popping up.

Astra_

Inkster Jr.
Octolings are playable but not through hacks

Idk if colors are through hacks but here is a video of octoling gameplay if you've been living under a rock

SonnyBlueBalls

Full Squid
NNID
ReaganMcClellan
I'm not sure where everyone is thinking that this is a publicity stunt pulled by Nintendo. It's more or less a publicity stunt done by a couple of hackers to gain some attention towards themselves. Considering how much easier it's been becoming supposedly to hack the Wii U and its games...I'm not all that surprised.

And I've been hearing that people have been seeing more hackers during Turf Wars and Ranked mode. So consider that, also. It shouldn't come as a surprise to suddenly see custom colored inklings and whatnot popping up.
Its done through editing your save. According to the person in the vid:

"Well, I guess Octolings might really be coming. All I had to do was edit my save for the Player ID. 0 = Female Inkling, 1 = Male Inkling, 2 = Female Octoling."

This was in 2015, so IDK how much relevance it has now.

Mendax

Pro Squid
NNID
hazzahbazzah
Its done through editing your save. According to the person in the vid:

"Well, I guess Octolings might really be coming. All I had to do was edit my save for the Player ID. 0 = Female Inkling, 1 = Male Inkling, 2 = Female Octoling."

This was in 2015, so IDK how much relevance it has now.
yeah about that...
Editing the gender to Player ID 2 means that, yes, while you can play as an Octoling, because the game has no data for Octolings outside of battle, you've just permanently frozen the games of every single opponent the minute they leave to the plaza.
Congrats: You've done the exact same thing as K9156B. (well, assuming they even existed...)

EDIT: Also, came across a roller user who'd blatantly hacked his/her run speed: they were able to move to our spawn in about 15 seconds.
They still lost, strangely...

Goont

Inkling Cadet
NNID
PrankingMaster
Heads up, Nintendo seems to be aware of this issue. My recent miiverse post of an "Agent 5" I saw in my plaza was deleted by an Admin. Not sure if this a good sign though, since deleting it would be a way of hiding any proof of this hack.

Ansible

Squid Savior From the Future
Community Ambassador
My post still exists. Maybe they're pinging any post with terms like hack, hacker, "Agent __" and such in the texts?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom