• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Hackers getting worse or is it just me? (And a few hacker stories as well)

spoxbox

Full Squid
NNID
Spoxbox
To those who still play this game consistently, have you guys encountered any hackers recently? I've had to deal with 3 cases of them over the past 3 days.

Case 1: Tower Control on Urchin Underpass. Had a questionable 52. Gal on my team who just bolted out of our spawn without inking anything. I also saw him fire off 2 Killer Wails in rapid succession. He had an English name but I can't recall what it was unfortunately. We still lost that match somehow :rolleyes:

Case 2: Encountered this one in the same day. Same Map/mode as before, except the hacker this time was a Slosher player. This guy wasn't as obvious about it but I knew he was a hacker when this happened: I was rolling out from spawn into mid and he walked out from behind a wall at the speed of light and did the Burst+Cancel technique on me, killing me instantly. (It was a pretty bad jumpscare. :scared:) This happened within the span of like 0.5 seconds. In all of my engagements with him, I could NEVER kill him, and he always seemed to have an inkstrike to stop our Tower Pushes. He had a Japanese name that consisted of a singular character.

Case 3: This happened the next day. The map/mode was Rainmaker on HammerHead and the enemy team had a guy with Run Speed Hacks. You can guess what happened. I only noticed when their score went from 100 to 0 in like three seconds.

I've ONLY experienced hackers in S+, not in any other rank. Also feel free to share any hacker stories if you have them.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I haven't played online in a long time, but that is awful.

Airi

Inkling Commander
NNID
radiorabbits
Since the sequel was announced, there has been an uptick in people hacking the game. I've encountered quite a few - mainly in Turf War and mostly using the map hacks to cover all the turf. I do Ranked more than I do Turf War and oddly, I haven't encountered that many hackers in Ranked. But they're not too bothersome for me as an S+ rank because I'm mostly doing squads, so they don't affect my ranked. Unfortunately, I have lower Ranked friends who have ran into them and it cost them their rank. :( It's really sad that people can be so uncaring towards others.

I think people assumed that with the Switch announcement, Nintendo wouldn't care about the hacking anymore but they still do. You can still report these people on Miiverse and Nintendo will work quickly to take care of them.

spoxbox

Full Squid
NNID
Spoxbox
Since the sequel was announced, there has been an uptick in people hacking the game. I've encountered quite a few - mainly in Turf War and mostly using the map hacks to cover all the turf. I do Ranked more than I do Turf War and oddly, I haven't encountered that many hackers in Ranked. But they're not too bothersome for me as an S+ rank because I'm mostly doing squads, so they don't affect my ranked. Unfortunately, I have lower Ranked friends who have ran into them and it cost them their rank. :( It's really sad that people can be so uncaring towards others.

I think people assumed that with the Switch announcement, Nintendo wouldn't care about the hacking anymore but they still do. You can still report these people on Miiverse and Nintendo will work quickly to take care of them.
Yeah i feel like there are people who think no one cares about splatoon 1 anymore so they can just do whatever they want to it. I was also foolish enough to not report these people the moment i saw it. They're not in my "Players Interacted With" list anymore.

I should also note that these were my very first hacker encounters.

Slushious

Token Party Squid
NNID
Setsu-P
Switch Friend Code
SW-3439-5127-4993
I don't THINK I've met any legit hackers, but sometimes I get suspicious...

- A brusher who, when I traded splats with her, was already over at my spawn point by the time I'd respawned on Moray.
(this was a while back, and I think she just mained quick respawn and run/swim speed and was making good use of beakons, but still)
- A Hydra with some obscene range...even for Hydras
(Arowana, just this week)
- A squid who was actually super cool and fun to play with, whose SN was just three question-mark dingbat symbols, and who didn't show up in my recently-played-with list. High level, low rank, nothing special on her gear, so I have no idea what was going on there but at least she was chill.
(again, this week. Tuesday night specifically)

Mendax

Pro Squid
NNID
hazzahbazzah
Calling these people hackers is giving them too much credit. Script kiddies are better tbh.
indeed.
To me, the thought that someone would go to the extent of risking their online data, and deliberately ruining others' experiences, solely for a few craps and giggles is definitely script kiddie behaviour.
I'd like to think that proper hackers, like NWPlayer, have higher standards.

JuddTheCat

Inkling Cadet
I met two hackers this month.

1. A hacker was using a Blaster that was shooting abnormally fast and had infinite ink and movement speed was really fast. I think he also moonjump? He was jumping really high over gaps.

2. I don't know if there were more than one hackers, but as soon as we started the game the whole place was covered in enemy ink and we were getting splatted INSIDE the spawn area, my team could not take a step. It was funny for like 5 seconds then it just got boring. Who enjoys ruining others fun that much?

kunoichi squid

Inkling Cadet
I've experienced more than my fair share of what I believe were hackers, too. Today I think I encountered at least 3. One was a squid who first appeared to have a splattershot and the next time I encountered him I swear he was weilding a roller of some kind (I can't remember b/c I'm trying hard to forget the whole incident now as it was kind of traumatic to me). :( The second one I remember was someone who seemed to have a bubble no matter how often I found him or where. Lastly, I found one that I had just killed near my spawn point, but he also killed me. At almost the same instant I appeared back at the point of impact, he was already there painting turf and killed me AGAIN! :mad: I feel I should just give up when things go this way, but that's what they want you to do, so I'm not giving up! :p

Slushious

Token Party Squid
NNID
Setsu-P
Switch Friend Code
SW-3439-5127-4993
One was a squid who first appeared to have a splattershot and the next time I encountered him I swear he was weilding a roller of some kind
Is that how they do that??? I wondered how people were swapping weapons between matches when you can't actually do that outside of private...

Joasa

Depressed Squid
I've only encountered a hacker once. I remember it was in Turf on Kelp Dome (I forget the other map, I played a few rounds before I realized what was up). He was a Japanese player with the Neo Sploosh-O-Matic. I remember every round his side would only have 3 players on the spawn and one sort of slipping off. He seemed to be able to insta-kill (though it could have just been the speed of his weapon) and I would literally roll over him and he wouldn't die. Furthermore, his special was always ready and he lagged like crazy, to his advantage. Eventually, my game froze midmatch, making thus weird buzzing noise and I had to restart my system, praying I didn't lose my save file. I didn't, luckily.

spoxbox

Full Squid
NNID
Spoxbox
Just ran into another hacker today during Walleye Rainmaker. He was using a rapid blaster. At the start our team couldn't pop the shield even though it was very large and in our color for like 15 seconds, and about 1 minute later the entire map turned into the enemy team's color. When one of the enemy team members picked up the rainmaker the counter above their head was like 1,670 seconds. Eventually the rapid blaster did that thing where he shot his weapon abnormally fast. There may have been a second hacker in that match as well, because there was a Splattershot Jr. in our territory who seemed to have invincibility from the spawn shield around him.

swamphox

Inkling Cadet
NNID
DawGnar
I encountered a guy in S yesterday who simply seemed to TAKE NO DAMAGE. Now maybe it was a strange lag effect but at one point I saw him walk through a killer wail. I hit him with an inkzooka and it knocked him back and to the side a little but didnt splat him. he was using a rapid blaster. He also didnt know what he was doing. he was in tc and his team still lost. Went 11-0 and never rode the tower.

Coleo&Idea

Inkling Cadet
This week I encountered my very first cheater in a splatzone on MahiMahi, rank B+ or A-. S/he used the octobrush and activated the kraken over and over. I'm happy that my teammates and I could handle them (can't kraken fast enough when you get an inkzooka in your face out of nowhere, lol) and won. Went out of the lobby and reported the person.

kunoichi squid

Inkling Cadet
This past week I actually saw a sniper switch to a roller and vice-versa right in front of me just to kill me. Also the death note even changed to say a roller squished me instead of a sniper hitting me. I just wish I could have recorded that on video for proof. But I know I saw it!

worm

Inkling
NNID
kirble
ever since i read this, yea i noticed hackers. there was one guy i noticed while playing in mahi-mahi resort who walked across the water to splat me, and some guy who kept covering the spawn base with ink and when killed, would be back there in a flash. also bolt spawners.

Last edited:

spoxbox

Full Squid
NNID
Spoxbox
I've encountered yet another one guys. During overtime in a Pit TC match I bubbled onto the tower to get past the choke point in mid and get the game winning push. As soon as my invincibility ends, I explode. I thought i got sniped, but i was apparently squished by a carbon roller. He was nowhere near the tower, so i knew something was up.

Either it was the biggest lag spike I've ever seen, or the carbon was using that hack that lets you wipe the entire enemy team by moving your roller across the ground.

Salty squid

Inkling
NNID
pll123wd
i saw an hacker in turf war flying around the map it was maybe 4 days ago

Makeshift

Inkster Jr.
NNID
rosesarered14
I've seen a lot of posts talking about Agent 4 lately. I went on Splatoon today and in the plaza I saw an inkling girl with black ink. I haven't encountered her in Turf Wars yet, but I'm sure it won't be pretty. As for actual battles, I haven't seen anything.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom