• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Has anyone else noticed a lot more connection problems lately?

Ryuho

Pro Squid
NNID
FurryRyuho
Like since the last splatfest? Before it there were disconnections from time to time but afterwards I have been seeing a lot of people poofing off in the middle of turf wars and getting kicked out of most ranked matches(dropped from A- 50 down to B- 70 because of this). I checked my connection at my house and it's no worse than it was before the splatfest so the only things I can think of is that there is suddenly a massive amount of ragequitters or some server problems.

Psycho_Wendigo

Resident World Devourer
NNID
PyschoWendigo
Actually, for me, my connection has somehow arbitrarily improved without me doing anything. Which is bizarre, because after Cats vs Dogs, like you, I encountered lot's of errors, it eventually got a little better, but still caused issues up until very recently. (For this reason I have yet to join a Squad, because my connection isn't reliable enough for it). Crossing my fingers it's over, but it's likely not.

I read somewhere, but have no way to confirm, that Splatoon uses a lot of bandwidth, so if other people are using Wi-Fi in your home/apartment/ whatever, you may encounter issues. Try to play when no one else is using Wi-Fi, and see if that helps. It didn't make much difference for me, but it might help you.

Ryuho

Pro Squid
NNID
FurryRyuho
Actually, for me, my connection has somehow arbitrarily improved without me doing anything. Which is bizarre, because after Cats vs Dogs, like you, I encountered lot's of errors, it eventually got a little better, but still caused issues up until very recently. (For this reason I have yet to join a Squad, because my connection isn't reliable enough for it). Crossing my fingers it's over, but it's likely not.

I read somewhere, but have no way to confirm, that Splatoon uses a lot of bandwidth, so if other people are using Wi-Fi in your home/apartment/ whatever, you may encounter issues. Try to play when no one else is using Wi-Fi, and see if that helps. It didn't make much difference for me, but it might help you.
Hmm it's possible but the last session I only had the Wii U on at the time. I'll have to test more now though

MacTheWriter

Full Squid
NNID
CotePowerRangers
Sometimes, the connection on my end screws up. I even lost a rank because of it. Though I don't think it's as bad as what you went through, though maybe because I only witnessed it two times recently.

ArcEmpyreus

Creative Consultant
Sometimes, the connection on my end screws up. I even lost a rank because of it. Though I don't think it's as bad as what you went through, though maybe because I only witnessed it two times recently.
I feel your pain, it's like my Wii U throws a fit after a 4 hour binge. Once I turn it off and on again it loves me once more.

MacTheWriter

Full Squid
NNID
CotePowerRangers
I feel your pain, it's like my Wii U throws a fit after a 4 hour binge. Once I turn it off and on again it loves me once more.
You know what, that's exactly the same thing with me. After lots of matches, I end up losing connection a lot (or losing a lot, but that's a different topic), and, like you, I had to turn my Wii U on and off to make it properly function.

ArcEmpyreus

Creative Consultant
You know what, that's exactly the same thing with me. After lots of matches, I end up losing connection a lot (or losing a lot, but that's a different topic), and, like you, I had to turn my Wii U on and off to make it properly function.
Do you use wireless connection or wired?

MacTheWriter

Full Squid
NNID
CotePowerRangers
Do you use wireless connection or wired?
Wireless. The one my dad got is crap, I tell ya. It malfunctions at periodic time for about a minute, which cuts down my ranking whenever that happens. My dad doesn't even believe me when I try to explain him that.

ArcEmpyreus

Creative Consultant
Wireless. The one my dad got is crap, I tell ya. It malfunctions at periodic time for about a minute, which cuts down my ranking whenever that happens. My dad doesn't even believe me when I try to explain him that.
I use wireless too however it's not crap. I'd be interested to see I'd using the wireless on the wii u was the common factor for disconnects.

Ryuho

Pro Squid
NNID
FurryRyuho
This is really irritating me right now. Whatever is happening doesnt seem to be on my end as far as I can tell but it's making it hard just to play at all. Turf wars constantly has teammates poofing off and Im afraid to even try ranked anymore due to losing points to all the disconnects :/

ArcEmpyreus

Creative Consultant
This is really irritating me right now. Whatever is happening doesnt seem to be on my end as far as I can tell but it's making it hard just to play at all. Turf wars constantly has teammates poofing off and Im afraid to even try ranked anymore due to losing points to all the disconnects :/
If you can try a wired connection, even temporarily I would try that. Hopefully the results will be different. We will see an increase up until and through Christmas sick lots of new players will be getting the game for he holidays. I don't expect the disconnects to stop anytime soon. Especially since I think they use peer to peer for the game

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom