• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Has Anyone Had Lag This Bad? (Short Video)

Leedika42

Senior Squid
NNID
Leedika.TheGov
So I was playing League with my GF the other day and then this happened
(Excuse potato quality at first, was having capture problems)

Has anyone had anything quite this bad before?

(Side note: Can we get dedicated servers already this is madness XD)

Spaceswitchmars

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
_funmars
Switch Friend Code
SW-0556-1305-6031
So I was playing League with my GF the other day and then this happened
(Excuse potato quality at first, was having capture problems)

Has anyone had anything quite this bad before?

(Side note: Can we get dedicated servers already this is madness XD)

Not in my normal life. My wife and I were on vacation in Montreal a few months ago, and we kept trying to play on the bad hotel internet... That got weird like this.

But more to the point, I had trouble while playing league with two different friends (two different situations), where THEY kept dropping (and in one match, I randomly dropped, too). This was over the last 2-3 days? I noticed a new player influx over the weekend, so I wonder if it has to do with servers getting overloaded, but I dunno.

Leedika42

Senior Squid
NNID
Leedika.TheGov
Not in my normal life. My wife and I were on vacation in Montreal a few months ago, and we kept trying to play on the bad hotel internet... That got weird like this.

But more to the point, I had trouble while playing league with two different friends (two different situations), where THEY kept dropping (and in one match, I randomly dropped, too). This was over the last 2-3 days? I noticed a new player influx over the weekend, so I wonder if it has to do with servers getting overloaded, but I dunno.
Thing is Splatoon uses Peer to Peer connections, a server doesn't handle the match itself. That's why I have no idea what the heck is happening, because my connection to my Girlfriend should be very good.

Spaceswitchmars

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
_funmars
Switch Friend Code
SW-0556-1305-6031
Thing is Splatoon uses Peer to Peer connections, a server doesn't handle the match itself. That's why I have no idea what the heck is happening, because my connection to my Girlfriend should be very good.
That's between you and girlfriend, TBH...

But seriously, it does seem to get worse during Splatfest and these new player rushes. It's not enough data to really draw conclusions, but it FEELS like something is there? No idea. Good luck with reconnecting with your girlfriend, and hopefully someone with tech knowledge tells me what's up.

Leedika42

Senior Squid
NNID
Leedika.TheGov
That's between you and girlfriend, TBH...

But seriously, it does seem to get worse during Splatfest and these new player rushes. It's not enough data to really draw conclusions, but it FEELS like something is there? No idea. Good luck with reconnecting with your girlfriend, and hopefully someone with tech knowledge tells me what's up.
Oh no, we usually don't have problems this bad, it was pretty insane haha
Also, I do have tech knowledge =P
The reason it's so bad is because of the people you play with. In short, the worse everyone in the lobby's internet is, the more lagy and weird the match will be. New players doesn't necessarily mean bad internet, because the load of the match is handled by the 8 player's internet.
Here is a nifty article explaining it all https://octo.im/2017/07/31/splatoon-2-online-multiplayer-analysis/

mercenariez

Inkling Cadet
NNID
gamelo8018
Lol IDK if that's lag, looks like just a failed connection. But very funny nonetheless XD

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom