• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Splatoon 2 Haunt.... Discussion?

AllToonedUp

Inkling Cadet
For those that don't know, update 3.0.0 buffed Haunt which gives it the effects of Respawn Punisher (Only the penalties to opponents not yourself). Do you think this means that Haunt could actually serve as a niche slayer ability now or no?

Mar$el

Inkling Commander
For those that don't know, update 3.0.0 buffed Haunt which gives it the effects of Respawn Punisher (Only the penalties to opponents not yourself). Do you think this means that Haunt could actually serve as a niche slayer ability now or no?
It's pretty niche. To clarify all the aspects of it: If someone splats you, then they now have the effects of haunt in your next life which means you can see their silhouette. Then, if you splat them back, they get the effects of respawn punisher. In no situation will you have the effects of respawn punisher (unless someone splats you wearing respawn punisher). What makes this different than respawn punisher, is that you have to be splatted by the person first, and then you have to splat them back. Also you can see their silhouette after you get splatted by them. I mean you could run it, but it's really more niche than you would think. Personally I wouldn't bother with it.

Elecmaw

Lord of the Squids
NNID
Switch Friend Code
SW-3466-8927-7969
At first i thought it'd take effect if the hauntee dies regardless of what deals the killing blow, now knowing that it's has to be done by the haunt wearer themselves makes it sound a whole lot less useful to me.

Reactions: the

Flammie

Inkling Cadet
NNID
FlammieLL
I'm still laughing, because it has the same as the respawn punisher now without "it's" penalty, where you get punished for being splatted.
Now haunt has, what 3 layers of abilities across if being splatted, plus you can combine this with the Comeback ability, making yourself the avatar of vengeance, literally.

Leronne

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Leronne
Switch Friend Code
SW-2169-0003-5242
Then, if you splat them back, they get the effects of respawn punisher.
EDIT: my question was answered elsewhere. Yeah, haunt user has to be the one to splat the haunted.
Has this been tested? The english patch notes doesn't mention this (granted those patch notes have a bunch of mistakes as is) and i can't read japanese so i can't confirm it from there.

Last edited:

MotorGamer

Inkling Cadet
NNID
MotorGamer
It's pretty niche. To clarify all the aspects of it: If someone splats you, then they now have the effects of haunt in your next life which means you can see their silhouette. Then, if you splat them back, they get the effects of respawn punisher. In no situation will you have the effects of respawn punisher (unless someone splats you wearing respawn punisher). What makes this different than respawn punisher, is that you have to be splatted by the person first, and then you have to splat them back. Also you can see their silhouette after you get splatted by them. I mean you could run it, but it's really more niche than you would think. Personally I wouldn't bother with it.
Is there a time limit in which you have to kill them though?
Also let me note that Haunt is just Respawn Punisher without the punishment towards you. Literally Haunt does nothing negative towards you.

Mar$el

Inkling Commander
Is there a time limit in which you have to kill them though?
Also let me note that Haunt is just Respawn Punisher without the punishment towards you. Literally Haunt does nothing negative towards you.
I believe the time limit someone is marked with haunt is like 29 seconds, but I don't know if that also applies to the respawn punisher effect. Also it does have something against you - a wasted slot.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom