• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Have you came from Mario kart?

Zak98

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Virgenmedia66666
Switch Friend Code
SW-6728-0895-4580
Splatoon and Splatoon 2 were quite crazy for everybody, when the first game released a lot of people from the Mario kart side community moved over to this community and started playing from here. I was a recognisable face in the community for being the subject of controversy and also being a very good player. My main reason for moving is that I became addicted to Splatoon and also I heard that the community was very nice. Since coming here back in September of last year I can definitely agree this is a great place to be. The Mario kart 8 community on the other hand...quite cancerous to be honest. Many clans I were in were hated becuase they stood out more.

So did any of you guys come from the Mario kart Side? Intereasted to hear your answers! :D

RocketsTail

Inkling Cadet
Switch Friend Code
SW-2874-2863-4789
My brother got me hooked on Splatoon 2. He bought a Switch first, and Splatoon 2 came with his bundle. I wanted to test the Switch out to see if I'd wanna buy one for myself. I was instantly hooked, so I bought my own Switch in late October of last year. The two games I bought with it was Mario Kart and Splatoon 2. I grew up on Mario Kart....so here I am thinking that Mario Kart was still gonna be my go to game.....wrong. So far I've put in way more hours playing Splatoon 2 over Mario Kart. The last Nintendo console I had was the Wii and I played Mario Kart non-stop. The online game play was amazing. There was always different people playing up until they basically shut down the server. I don't get that vibe from Mario Kart on the Switch this time around. It's harder to find a decent lobby with the Switch version. And for one, battle mode was much better on the Wii. It's like I've abandoned Mario Kart for Splatoon 2. I just wish I hadn't joined the party so late. I wish I could've experienced Splatoon 1. When they first introduced Splatoon, never did I think it would be so popular. I initially wrote it off as a "kid's" game before actually playing it. The only thing that I wish Splatoon will do is better matchmaking.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom