• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Have you played Splatoon? What did you think?

Zoot

Inkling Commander
NNID
IveGotAMegaphone
I'm talking previews at conventions and stuff! I got to play a Turf War match back in September at EGX in London, and I'm sure I'm not alone here. Have any of you played it too?

My thoughts:
  • Boy, is it fun. We only had Splattershots for the demo, and even then it was tactical and crazy. I can't imagine how nuts things will be come launch day.
  • Switching to squid mode isn't as fluid as you might think. The squid is very fast and floaty and takes a moment to build up speed, so you have to be careful and clever with when/where you transform.
  • GamePad gyro controls are a bit fiddly, but it only takes a minute to get the hang of them. You'll be splatting the bad guys with pinpoint accuracy in no time.
If you haven't played Splatoon... I've played Splatoon, AMA I guess.

Lyn

Squid Savior From the Future
Premium
I haven't played it yet (I have to wait until launch) but I'm sure it will be fun. I think the maps all look really good. :)

zmop

Inkling Cadet
NNID
zorgmop
i've played at e3 and pax east it took a game to get used to the gyro. there were no sensitivity setting adjustments for aiming with the right stick instead of using gyro. maybe they will do that post launch but gyro is more fluid to me. it's the start up animation for squid mode that makes it feel sluggish but it becomes mindless the more you do it. i've only played on urchin overpass and it's dope. only map i have a strat for so far since it's all i've seen. haha.

Zoot

Inkling Commander
NNID
IveGotAMegaphone
what did you think of the maps?
I only got to play Urchin Underpass too (which is the map from the original E3 trailer that we all know inside-out by now) and it was every bit as fun and well-designed as it looks. I did make a point of doing the thing where you go into squid mode and jump over the gap in the middle of the map. Also, our team won. :cool:

The hybrid gyro/stick controls work really nicely. Stick for the big movements, gyro to line the shot up exactly where you want it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom