• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Hello all

Drake

Inkling
Hey all, great site and I am glad it is here. I will be looking for advice for my son (at first then he will take over). My son is 10 and LOVES Splatoon. He is interested in getting into some tournaments so I want to get some advice to start him off on the right foot. I think it will be good for him. Thanks again in advance!

Ember-Wisp

Semi-Pro Squid
NNID
IceCrystalEmber
Switch Friend Code
SW-6109-1903-3315
Hey all, great site and I am glad it is here. I will be looking for advice for my son (at first then he will take over). My son is 10 and LOVES Splatoon. He is interested in getting into some tournaments so I want to get some advice to start him off on the right foot. I think it will be good for him. Thanks again in advance!
That's so sweet that you would help your son out with this game! I think you will be very happy with the helpful people and resources here at Squid Boards. if you have any questions, you can ask just about anyone. we will be happy to help you and your son out. :)

I've only been here for about a month or so, but as far as I can tell this is a very family friendly place and people of all ages show up to make friends and have fun playing Splatoon.

Oh and here's a tip that might be helpful for you. Do you know what discord is? it's a free program you can download on your computer and it's used to communicate with your friends. We use it a lot here, most of us have a discord account, and it make organizing events (like tournaments) a little bit easier. So if you don't have a discord account yet, you should get one set up. :) hope this helps!

Last edited:

Nerdbird

Pro Squid
One quick thing if your son wants to get into splatoon tournaments:

The main problem about tournaments is that you need to be in a team to play. If you don't have many other friends who play the game, then you'd have to enter the tournament as a free agent (if you even have that option). Quite a lot of teams (from my experiance) get quite touchy about being able to contact their team as and when (to practice etc.).

I would suggest that any interactions your son has with other team members should be closely monitered by you (just make sure he stays safe with people he may not know)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom