• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

• Hey Guest, the Side Order expansion is now available!

If you're playing the new DLC, please remember to keep your thread titles spoiler free, and use [spoiler] tags for any relevant spoilers in your posts.

Hello!

Goomy

Inkling
NNID
goomyfriend
Hey I'm new here! I've been playing Splatoon for awhile now but wasn't aware that there was a site as extensive as this for the game.

I did start a fresh account the other day to replay the story before 2 drops so I'm only level 25 and A+, but I'm usually S. I play chargers, the vanilla dynamo and shooters in general. I'm also a beginner artist so I'm hoping to start drawing squids too!

It's nice to meet you all! :D

ForteReborn

Inkling Commander
NNID
ForteReborn
Switch Friend Code
SW-5389-7346-0792
Hey there! I main the golden dynamo roller, so we're bros, eh? And awesome with starting with art. If you want a helpful site to improve your focus, here:

http://www.thedrawingwebsite.com/

Have a good time here, and stay fresh man.

Goomy

Inkling
NNID
goomyfriend
Hey there! I main the golden dynamo roller, so we're bros, eh? And awesome with starting with art. If you want a helpful site to improve your focus, here:

http://www.thedrawingwebsite.com/

Have a good time here, and stay fresh man.
Sorry for the late response but thank you! And heck yeah! Might be changing dynamos if the Gold/other variants have a better load out in 2 though haha

Oh wow, thank you so much! That site looks helpful, definitely gonna do a ton of those practices when I have the time c:

ForteReborn

Inkling Commander
NNID
ForteReborn
Switch Friend Code
SW-5389-7346-0792
Sorry for the late response but thank you! And heck yeah! Might be changing dynamos if the Gold/other variants have a better load out in 2 though haha

Oh wow, thank you so much! That site looks helpful, definitely gonna do a ton of those practices when I have the time c:
They are changing the specials for the recent game, so I am kinda wondering about that rain cloud that it received. It involves you hurling it across the map above players, so I am intrigued.

Yes, the site is extremely helpful. It was done by the artist who worked on Simpsons and other animations. Unlike most art places, he tends to cut it straight to the point without over saturating the complications. That is why I recommend it to a lot of people, since I know some can be easily bored with too much text wailing across the screen. He also tones done on the drafting part, since that can be really chaotic to learn.

Now I happen to do color penciling, but there are not many proper tutorials on it since color penciling tends to be not for everyone, or people tend to be brand bias. Also it is very expensive and takes a lot of experimenting till you fall into what you like. I recently went back into it, and found out I tend to like dry media pencils over wax types. Also what paper you use effects the outcome.

My apologizes being technical here, but it is that difficult of a media source. If you want more tips from me, I will gladly participate whenever I can. It is a good habit to not just use one resource for opinions.

Lyn

Squid Savior From the Future
Premium
Welcome! I hope you enjoy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom