• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Help reviewing teammates

Ansible

Squid Savior From the Future
Community Ambassador
An open field of enemy ink. And the kid run-n-guns a straight line throught it. In full view of a perched charger and a Batman roller wall-jumping towards them.

I know that's a bad situation. Yet I'm having trouble instructing why this is a bad situation.

And as nervous as it makes me, I really would like to help other players improve and enjoy themselves, especially when they ask. But as with the above example, I'm having difficulty properly evaluating performances like a mentor instead of like an analytical player-bot.

So I'm seeking any advice possible: how do I observe and critique other players, on either team, so they can improve?

Dessgeega

Egyptian Goo God
Switch Friend Code
SW-3756-0533-5215
Are these players looking for advice? Because if not you're likely to just anger them, no matter how good your intentions. There's been studies showing that unsolicited advice has a tendency to get negative reactions from folks even when it's right.

Ansible

Squid Savior From the Future
Community Ambassador
Yes, they are. And then there's that occasional moment when they're in a salt fit and then you're not sure if they want advice while they're venting or just venting to let off steam.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom