• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Splatoon 2 Help with gear setup

HappyCamper

Inkling
Hey guys, i would like a gear setup which is a basically a balanced setup where a variety of weps are used. I mainly use the charger/l3 nozzle/dualies.
I was thinking of ink res shoes. Swim speed main shirt with 3 sub ink res. Swim speed for head gear. Or maybe swap swim speed for running speed? OR have running speed head, swimming speed shirt and ink res shoes? what do you think?

Mar$el

Inkling Commander
Personally I feel more effect from run speed than swim speed so I use it more often. I usually play a squelcher, pro, and charger. I don't usually run a ton of swim speed so I would go with the run speed up hat. This is just in general but what's gonna matter more is that you're gonna wanna avoid certain abilities based on the weapon. If you're looking for universal gear I would advise at least have SOME sort of different gear for the weapon even if it's just a couple subs. You should check out previous threads that talk about this stuff but there's no point in running for instance special charge up if it's stingray and you don't use it that often. If you use a firefin and you don't use your splash wall very much then you shouldn't use ink saver sub. I have a balanced set that I use for most things although I have a lot of other gear that I switch in and out of. The more I play and the more chunks and abilities I get the less I use this set.

The other large thing to think about has to come from you and your play style. If you're not very careful with your ink consumption (most people) then have some ink saver mains. If you find yourself stuck getting away in enemy territory then run ink resistance. You have to evaluate your own play style and adjust. I like to use ink saver main, run speed, ink recovery, and ink saver sub. I would apply those based off the weapon then build off into more "second tier" abilities like special charge up, ink recovery (only because I'm a very defensive player), bomb defense and such.

Read all the previous threads and you'll get a great idea for what you want to put on your gear.

Last edited:

HappyCamper

Inkling
Personally I feel more effect from run speed than swim speed so I use it more often. I usually play a squelcher, pro, and charger. I don't usually run a ton of swim speed so I would go with the run speed up hat. This is just in general but what's gonna matter more is that you're gonna wanna avoid certain abilities based on the weapon. If you're looking for universal gear I would advise at least have SOME sort of different gear for the weapon even if it's just a couple subs. You should check out previous threads that talk about this stuff but there's no point in running for instance special charge up if it's stingray and you don't use it that often. If you use a firefin and you don't use your splash wall very much then you shouldn't use ink saver sub. I have a balanced set that I use for most things although I have a lot of other gear that I switch in and out of. The more I play and the more chunks and abilities I get the less I use this set.

The other large thing to think about has to come from you and your play style. If you're not very careful with your ink consumption (most people) then have some ink saver mains. If you find yourself stuck getting away in enemy territory then run ink resistance. You have to evaluate your own play style and adjust. I like to use ink saver main, run speed, ink recovery, and ink saver sub. I would apply those based off the weapon then build off into more "second tier" abilities like special charge up, ink recovery (only because I'm a very defensive player), bomb defense and such.

Read all the previous threads and you'll get a great idea for what you want to put on your gear.
thanks for the insight!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom