• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

• Hey Guest, the Side Order expansion is now available!

If you're playing the new DLC, please remember to keep your thread titles spoiler free, and use [spoiler] tags for any relevant spoilers in your posts.

Help with gear!

Pterk

Full Squid
NNID
YoloEric12
Hey squid kids, it's Pterk here and I was wondering if you guys can help me with something, I'm currently maining the NeoSplash and RBPD(RapidBlasterProDeco) and I was wondering what you guys think I should use gear and ability wise, gear sets for kraken roller and carbon roller would be much appreciated!

Currently using for NeoSplash:
:head_amb000::ability_swimspeed::ability_swimspeed::ability_swimspeed:
:clothes_vest002::ability_swimspeed::ability_swimspeed::ability_swimspeed:
:shoes_bot003::ability_runspeed::ability_runspeed::ability_runspeed:

Trying to get 4 damage mains for Rapid set, let me know what else I should use with the 4 mains.
Any help is appreciated! Thanks and I'll see you all soon,

-Pterk

Last edited:

Pterk

Full Squid
NNID
YoloEric12
I like to play aggressively with all weapons except RBPD

Last edited:

Green Waffles

Inkling Fleet Admiral
I have some bottom of the barrel advice if you want it =3

You have a very nice set-up for neosplash already, buuuut if you want to try some alternatives...

-Tenacity/special savers are great if you are confident in your inkzooka abilities and feel you could get more accomplished with more DOOOSH in your matches.
(this applies to any weapon with inkzooka, so if you ever feel inclined to some regular rapid blaster pro... ;P)
-Sub savers/ink revovery/ 2 damage up sub abilities. If you like to throw burst bombs all day every day, you can somewhat re-live the glory days of old with these abilities (the 2 damage subs, I've read, are all you need to get splats with a direct and an indirect hit with burst bombs. I haven't personally fact checked this, but its seeems to work when I play with it in ranked)
-More damage up (ink for the ink god), if you want to, somehow, be even more of a burst bomb maniac. It makes me wonder if you can get 99 damage burst bomb directs...

RBPD (dang long names xD)
-Damage up forever, but it sounds like you already know about that so...
-Ink resist, very helpful against people who know that you can only ink in straight lines to maneuver through their ink.
-Swim speed for every weapon
-Ink savers(any of the 3) just because I still mis-calculate what I can do with my current ink tank and end up caught with not enough ink after throwing a disruptor
-Bomb range up?, because the normal disruptor range falls short of the main weapon's range sweet spot
(it might not be the best ability for it tbh, but it's by no means a waste... and I like the purple camo shirt <3)

Krak-on roller? dassa e-z hwon!
A very balanced weapon so... you are pretty free to build almost anything (if you build bomb range up I swear to callie I'l- )
-you can build damage for boosting your OHK area just a pinch or get swim speed and special weapon related abilites to experience why this weapon is one of the scariest kraken specials in the game(see also n-zap 83 and aerospray PG)

CARBON ROLLERS? (we don't need their scum)
-Actually I use pretty similars builds as the neo splash, just with a damage up main or more instead of just 2 subs. Now go get quad kills for Mother Russia!
-sometimes ninja squid...because it's not too much a waste and also Zebra shirt

Thanks for reading my nonsense =P

PS: You could tryout defense up on any of these weapons, since it's apparently becoming more of a thing(I'm yet to see too much, but that is just me) Just try not to remove the damage up from RBPD, or do it anyways for laughs.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom