• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Help with Octo Expansion!

Octoboy07

Inkster Jr.
Switch Friend Code
SW-4646-5491-1608
I only need 1 more mem cake to face the secret boss. It's level J03D08 and it's RIDICULOUSLY hard. Any tips would be appreciated!

Gameboy224

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Gameboy224
A lot of people seem to have trouble with that one don't they?

Personally I really didn't when I actually decided to use a weapon I'm good at.

I dunno about other people, but I found that the Splat Dualies are really good choice for this mission. They splat fast and are pretty accurate. Octolings still aren't the brightest so you can rush them all down.

Get the armor pieces and camp their superjump locations to just take one of them out right away. First two waves come from the front. Third on the diagonals. Fourth to the sides, then I forget after that.

Also note that you can actually restore the health of the orb by shooting it.

Last edited:

Pako

Inkling
NNID
OskarIsAwesome
Switch Friend Code
SW-6933-7740-1995
I just used the splat dualies

Cephalobro

Leave the crates intact, they will slow the Octolings' advancement to the orb, giving you more time to splat them. You can also shoot the orb to fix it. This particular mission is known to be hard for a lot of players. For Octolings with brellas, it's better to wait for their shield to launch off before attacking.

Kidnacho

Senior Squid
NNID
Kidnacho
Switch Friend Code
SW-3767-4369-9288
I don't know how much help this will be but what I did was Octobrush with Splat/Burst Bombs. At least for me it wasn't that hard using that combo, but unless you hate yourself I personally wouldn't recommend Curling Bombs since they don't do much to help. (Assuming you're not 100% every level with every weapon like I did)
For the Specials, I did Baller first to camp the first Brella on the left diagonal. Then I used Ink Armor for whenever they use multiple Specials at once, and I'd keep the Splashdown for in case of an Emergency.

Ansible

Squid Savior From the Future
Community Ambassador
Remember where the specials and armors are to quickly grab them when possible or you have a moment to breathe. And ink the non-crate walls whenever you can to help you quickly get from one side to the other.

Most importantly, remember where and when the octolings jump in along with what weapon each has. This should help you find a pattern and rhythm to taking them down as quickly as you can before orb damage starts getting out of hand.

MindWanderer

Inkling Commander
NNID
MindWanderer
Switch Friend Code
SW-5961-6763-3987
I just beat this one this morning, and the good news is I did it without bombs at all, so I should be able to replicate it all three times.

I used the Octobrush, which is handy to not have to aim when things get crazy and to get around for flanks quickly, especially against Brella users. It also takes out wave 2 instantly, which gives you some breathing room. A lot of it is memorizing where the Octolings jump in and attacking them immediately. I actually used the Bubble Blower, which bought me some extra time, and the Inkjet, which let me pick off a lot of the Octolings easily (they don't evade much in this mode).

Ansible

Community Ambassador
Ahh~ you have to be far enough away. Awesome!

I was using closer range weapon at the time and it just kept activating their jumps early. Good to know, good to know.

So maybe anything further than splattershot range won't set them off?

RocketsTail

Inkling Cadet
Switch Friend Code
SW-2874-2863-4789
Just... this:
Gonna replay that stage and try this.....thanks for posting. I wish I had been clever enough to think of that first.

*makes me wonder what other tricks there are out there for other stages. I wonder if this person is a developer??

Dark Sage Walker

Inkling Commander
Switch Friend Code
SW-8295-5505-1414
Wha...? Really? You can do that? I feel so stupid now! I can finally help my roommate with this mission! :D

MasterYoshidino

Inkster Jr.
NNID
masteryoshidino
Switch Friend Code
SW-4197-0965-9397
If one plans to play it "normally" the simplest weapon to beat "Girl Power" is with Heavy Splatling and Splat Bombs. First target gets splatted with main, 2nd and 3rd eat a rolled Splat Bomb. The 4th has a Splat Brella that needs to be full charged to beat up while the 5th just gets taken down by main shots. The next two that spawn on opposite sides should be Splat Bomb rolled followed with a beeline to the other side to take them down from above the crates. It's easier to play defense with the Heavy Splatling. Splashdown is the most useful for ink tank refill and local damage.

Superjustinbros

Pro Squid
NNID
AozoraJustin
This stage was easily the worst one, especially since there's no easier version of it elsewhere in Octo Expansion to help ease you into doing this stage.

My strategy is to use the Roller to OHKO crush the Octolings as soon as they appear, then proceed to collect and spam Specials in the second half once multiples of them start showing up at once.

MeTaGross

Inkling Cadet
The first time I did this I used the heavy splatling because that is my main weapon, but that sucked because it required my to hit all my shots. When my friend did it they used the octobrush and that worked well. I tried that too, and I will say that the octobrush is really good because it requires very little aiming, so all you need to do is remember where they will jump.

Gameboy224

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Gameboy224
So if any you are curious about the Charger thing.

Best be sure you're on point. The moment the laser sight is on the Octoling, they will automatically super jump into the battle.

Even so, there is still two more waves of 3 and a wave of 2 after that which you can't camp.

Ansible

Community Ambassador
Best be sure you're on point. The moment the laser sight is on the Octoling, they will automatically super jump into the battle.
Ah, so I guess if the game AI detects damage or a targeting reticule they activate, otherwise they wait on the countdown to jump in.

Gameboy224

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Gameboy224
Ah, so I guess if the game AI detects damage or a targeting reticule they activate, otherwise they wait on the countdown to jump in.
For most weapons, it's just damage, but the Charger is a special exception because it actually has a laser sight.

If you were to say use the Inkjet, you can take out some of them without struggle (thought the splash damage will prematurely cause others to jump in).

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom