• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Hey everyone !

Exodaire

Inkling
Hi i'm a new member here. I am French, i've been playing a lot of Mario Kart competitively since october 2009 and i'm looking forward to do the same with splatoon ! :D

StarForce

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Hyrule, Mushroom, Nohr, Comet Observatory
Hello and Welcome to Squidboards. I love Mario Kart. It's so fun with friends too or online competitors. Splatoon is a colorful game with lots of enjoyment. I hope you can try Splatoon competitively too. Splatoon Squads is forming up here which I brought the concept from Smashboards Crews. Keep on the look out once the game launches so you may join a Squad. We are tweaking ad setting up the ranking system and finding how to set up the system once the game comes out and we have the details. By the way is that you in the picture? You look lovely since if I'm not mistaken, that Elza's cosplay?

Exodaire

Inkling
Nah lol that's not me ! I am not a grill gamer :p
But yes that's an Elsa cosplay from Anna Faith Carlson if you want to check more about her... :oops:

Diableos

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Diableos
Welcome to the site! I used to play Mario Kart competitively back in 2008/9, kind of drifted (pun half-intended) away from it in 2010 and never managed to get back into it. But just as StarForce said, Splatoon is looking like a colourful game with plenty of enjoyment to keep you playing, competitively or not.

See you around the site! :)

StarForce

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Hyrule, Mushroom, Nohr, Comet Observatory
Nah lol that's not me ! I am not a grill gamer :p
But yes that's an Elsa cosplay from Anna Faith Carlson if you want to check more about her... :oops:
Oh that's ok I still got one right about the cosplay. I like Elza, her design and mind are cool traits can't wait for Frozen 2 to see what storyline they develop and if Elza is returning. Yes just as @Diableos agrees it's a colorful game. This may be because its a Nintendo based game and company they opted to create a shooter that does not show violence. It's the cool side of the shooter. Such as Mario kart is the cuter friendly side of maybe Drift, Need for Speed, Forza, and so on. Nintendo is a family and kids company and even thou they are limited on games they do make games that establish records and tops in many areas. So they are not doing it wrong. Fun is all we want when playing a game. Just as Reggie said; Splatoon is going to redefine shooters for Nintendo like Mario Kart did for racers.

Trieste Sp

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Welcome to Squidboards !

We hope you enjoy your time here.

Keep up to date withe the latest news here.
General discussion of Splatoon is here.
Competitive discussions of Splatoon is here.

Guides are useful for those who want to be competitive in this game.
If you're interested in the the competitive aspects of Splatoon, Tournaments are the way to go !

The Shoutbox is a place to chad with other inklings around the world !

Get Premium to obtain some extra perks and features on the site, all at a great cost. Plus, it helps out the site !

The Crispy Calamary is for general discussions.
This is great place to waste some time :cool:
Before you post please check out the Global Rules.
If you need any assistance I'll be glad to help, just message me !

EDIT: An original masterpiece. We do not welcome anyone who's member of the Octarian army.

Exodaire

Inkling
Welcome to Squidboards !

We hope you enjoy your time here.

Keep up to date withe the latest news here.
General discussion of Splatoon is here.
Competitive discussions of Splatoon is here.

Guides are useful for those who want to be competitive in this game.
If you're interested in the the competitive aspects of Splatoon, Tournaments are the way to go !

The Shoutbox is a place to chad with other inklings around the world !

Get Premium to obtain some extra perks and features on the site, all at a great cost. Plus, it helps out the site !

The Crispy Calamary is for general discussions.
This is great place to waste some time :cool:
Before you post please check out the Global Rules.
If you need any assistance I'll be glad to help, just message me !

EDIT: An original masterpiece. We do not welcome anyone who's member of the Octarian army.
Thanks for all of this useful infos !

Lyn

Squid Savior From the Future
Premium
Hey there! Welcome to Squidboards! :)

Lightzeaka

Full Squid
NNID
Lightzeaka
You are french? For the longest time I played an MMO called Dofus, it's sequel Wakfu, and watched the Wakfu Anime. Apparently it's a big deal in France. Do you live in France? Have you heard of Dofus/Wakfu?

Exodaire

Inkling
You are french? For the longest time I played an MMO called Dofus, it's sequel Wakfu, and watched the Wakfu Anime. Apparently it's a big deal in France. Do you live in France? Have you heard of Dofus/Wakfu?
Yes i've heard of Wakfu, I used to watch that when i was a kid and at this time I din't even know it was inspired from Dofus lol. I never played Dofus because i'm not a big fan of MMOs ^^

Lightzeaka

Full Squid
NNID
Lightzeaka
Yes i've heard of Wakfu, I used to watch that when i was a kid and at this time I din't even know it was inspired from Dofus lol. I never played Dofus because i'm not a big fan of MMOs ^^
It's cool to know that you at least know about it though! The reason I fell in love with the game is because it offered such a diverse cast of playable classes, and the battle system relied more on strategy and thinking than quick skill and grinding. It also was a beautiful 2D mmo that really sucked me into the simple yet complex world.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom