• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Hey Fellow Squids! ^.^

AstralSpirit

Full Squid
NNID
AstralSpirit26
Ummm... Hey! I'm AstralSpirit, but most people around the World Wide Web just call me Astral. I'd honestly be shocked if anyone on here knew me at all. I was a part of the Mario Kart Wii community for a few years, and I've been very minimally involved in Mario Kart 8, but not really that much. Even when I was active in MKW however, I'm pretty sure people in my clans were the only ones who knew me, and I was usually in clans for a long while, so there weren't many. I'd love for this to be the first community I'm truly a more active voice/member of, but considering how shy I am, I kinda doubt it. It's taking a lot for me to even write this! I'd probably need people to even push me to be a more active voice but... probably not gonna happen. Oh well. I'll definitely be trying competitive in August, but until then, see you guys on the battlefield come May 29th!

Trieste Sp

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Welcome to
Picture2.png
!!

We hope you enjoy your time here. If you're new please check out the Userguide.

Before you post please check out the Global Rules.

Keep up to date with the the latest news here.
General discussion of Splatoon is here.
Competitive discussions of Splatoon is here.

Guides are useful for those who want to be competitive in this game.
A list of Splatoon tournaments are here !

The Shoutbox is a place to chat with other inklings around the world !

Get Premium to obtain some extra perks and features on the site, all at a great cost. Plus, it helps out the site !

The Crispy Calamary is for general discussions.
This is great place to waste some time :cool:

If you need any assistance I'll be glad to help, also don't hesitate to ask one of our friendly staff members.

StarForce

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Hyrule, Mushroom, Nohr, Comet Observatory
Ummm... Hey! I'm AstralSpirit, but most people around the World Wide Web just call me Astral. I'd honestly be shocked if anyone on here knew me at all. I was a part of the Mario Kart Wii community for a few years, and I've been very minimally involved in Mario Kart 8, but not really that much. Even when I was active in MKW however, I'm pretty sure people in my clans were the only ones who knew me, and I was usually in clans for a long while, so there weren't many. I'd love for this to be the first community I'm truly a more active voice/member of, but considering how shy I am, I kinda doubt it. It's taking a lot for me to even write this! I'd probably need people to even push me to be a more active voice but... probably not gonna happen. Oh well. I'll definitely be trying competitive in August, but until then, see you guys on the battlefield come May 29th!
Hello & welcome to Squidboards. I'm pretty shy but I've been like the ink. all over the place. You just need to find another voice. Someone else to talk and you will bloom like a flower. Someone or a group you feel comfortable with. Hopefully Splatoon can fix that. Just give it the opportunity to talk. Good luck. Have fun on the boards, Stay safe.

Wiley

Smeargle
NNID
MrWiley
Well fear not, If you're shy you came to this place at a great time. This place is still fresh and I hope you can find windows of comfort out of your shell since it seems like a very positive bunch so far :D

Best of luck and welcome!

AstralSpirit

Full Squid
NNID
AstralSpirit26
Aww thanks for the kind words you two! Kind people like you are really the key of helping me get over my chronic phobia of humans... :\

Kayeka

Pro Squid
NNID
Kayeka
Good to have you! I'm a bit of a humanphobe as well, but I've learned that the secret to growing over it is to fake it 'till you make it.

Welcome to the boards, we all hope you'll have a good time.

AstralSpirit

Full Squid
NNID
AstralSpirit26
Good to have you! I'm a bit of a humanphobe as well, but I've learned that the secret to growing over it is to fake it 'till you make it.

Welcome to the boards, we all hope you'll have a good time.
Aww yay a fellow humanphobe! I'm not alone!
humans are the fearsome creatures, it's understandable ;D
*splats you with ink
You'll do fine!
Eek! Ink! All over!

Did I do the quotes right? Probably not, I'm a noob at this stuff...
Edit: Woah! I did! O.O

Kayeka

Pro Squid
NNID
Kayeka
Another part of the solution is to stop tearing yourself down all the time. Seriously, two posts in the one thread where you get to introduce yourself, and you've been mostly talking about what a noob you are at stuff and will probably not be all that great.

Lighten up, straighten your back, don't constantly apologise for trying to be a part of things, and feel (or at least pretend to feel) confidant that people are okay with hearing what you got to say. The game isn't even out yet, so we are all noobs here.

StarForce

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Aww thanks for the kind words you two! Kind people like you are really the key of helping me get over my chronic phobia of humans... :\
You're afraid to socialize? Wow not so different. I have very bad social skills irl mostly for having little friends and being raised at home almost 24 hours a day. Not much liberty or visits. That has changed but I think the negatives linger on me. I'm also afraid of rejection. Don't know how that phobia is called. I recently have a situation but I'm working on it. Several members here and in smashboards are helping me have faith. I'm very cheerful under normal circumstances. Just shy but sometimes it feels okay to talk like this. Give it a try. Splatoon might help you with that as you have fun also.

AstralSpirit

Full Squid
NNID
AstralSpirit26
Another part of the solution is to stop tearing yourself down all the time. Seriously, two posts in the one thread where you get to introduce yourself, and you've been mostly talking about what a noob you are at stuff and will probably not be all that great.

Lighten up, straighten your back, don't constantly apologise for trying to be a part of things, and feel (or at least pretend to feel) confidant that people are okay with hearing what you got to say. The game isn't even out yet, so we are all noobs here.
Oh dear, and I was about to apologize for being such a downer until I read the whole part about apologies haha. And you're right. I can't tell you how often people tell me stuff like that. I guess it's just something I'll have to work on.
You're afraid to socialize? Wow not so different. I have very bad social skills irl mostly for having little friends and being raised at home almost 24 hours a day. Not much liberty or visits. That has changed but I think the negatives linger on me. I'm also afraid of rejection. Don't know how that phobia is called. I recently have a situation but I'm working on it. Several members here and in smashboards are helping me have faith. I'm very cheerful under normal circumstances. Just shy but sometimes it feels okay to talk like this. Give it a try. Splatoon might help you with that as you have fun also.
Sorry to hear you were raised in such a stifling environment but it's good to hear you have people on here now! Everybody deserves someone to talk to!
pro quotes XD
well done lol

and an edit to boot!
*thumbs up
Hehe thanks! I'm getting in the practice while I can!

Trick_Ster

Inkster Jr.
NNID
Thetardygalaxy
Feel you man. I've had Social Anxiety for a while, and i'll be honest. I have no friends IRL. All of my friends are from the internet. I only lie about it so I don't seem like a freak. At least it's re-assuring to know I'm not the only one that's scared of social interaction.

ndayadn

yeah
NNID
Seabass
Welcome to the boards. Stop by the Shoutbox sometime. You too @Trick_Ster .
I'm not the most engaging person irl either but this forum is great~~~~~~~

StarForce

Inkling Fleet Admiral
It seems some of us have trouble interacting. But we feel much better from within a monitor. Could it be we all share that what I share. a sort of masked rejection fear? I mean if we evaluate it we could have trouble irl because we don't know how to fit properly with others so other won't catch us or accept us. I think we all share that somehow. I have little friends irl. I have but very little. For some of us we express better on the net. But I think we are ok. Friends are always friends no matter if they are fleshy sacks or binary numbers. Perhaps if we meet irl those who we talk with via the monitor and keyboard we have a great chance of improving the social skills as we would learn to make friends in real. Like we know each other digitally lets try our real version. we just need a little push. But friends are always friends so even digital we should not feel bad.

Kayeka

Pro Squid
NNID
Kayeka
I don't know about you people, but my issues mostly stemmed from cripplingly low self-esteem. Had to go through therapy to elevate it somewhat.

A good therapist can do quite a lot of good in such cases, you know? While I'm still not particularly comfortable with social situations, I can now at least hold my own without needing to crawl in a dark corner and hope people don't notice me existing.

AstralSpirit

Full Squid
NNID
AstralSpirit26
Hehe I love how my introduction has turned into squid therapy. Leave it to me to do that. :D
Feel you man. I've had Social Anxiety for a while, and i'll be honest. I have no friends IRL. All of my friends are from the internet. I only lie about it so I don't seem like a freak. At least it's re-assuring to know I'm not the only one that's scared of social interaction.
A freak? I don't think so. I have a few friends IRL, but the ones I've made on the internet have gotten much closer with me. Being scared of social Interaction is totally normal... enough.
It seems some of us have trouble interacting. But we feel much better from within a monitor. Could it be we all share that what I share. a sort of masked rejection fear? I mean if we evaluate it we could have trouble irl because we don't know how to fit properly with others so other won't catch us or accept us. I think we all share that somehow. I have little friends irl. I have but very little. For some of us we express better on the net. But I think we are ok. Friends are always friends no matter if they are fleshy sacks or binary numbers. Perhaps if we meet irl those who we talk with via the monitor and keyboard we have a great chance of improving the social skills as we would learn to make friends in real. Like we know each other digitally lets try our real version. we just need a little push. But friends are always friends so even digital we should not feel bad.
Yeah, I totally get the whole fear of rejection thing. I've been rejected a social life by everyone around me before, so it's definitely something on my mind a lot.
I don't know about you people, but my issues mostly stemmed from cripplingly low self-esteem. Had to go through therapy to elevate it somewhat.

A good therapist can do quite a lot of good in such cases, you know? While I'm still not particularly comfortable with social situations, I can now at least hold my own without needing to crawl in a dark corner and hope people don't notice me existing.
And I get the whole low self esteem thing too haha. It's great that it's improved for you though. Glad to hear it!

Astral

Astral Finish!
NNID
AstralFinish
Welcome to the boards! I remember your name from MKBboards and your name seems pretty... similar :p

AstralSpirit

Full Squid
NNID
AstralSpirit26
Welcome to the boards! I remember your name from MKBboards and your name seems pretty... similar :p
Woah, are you this "other Astral" I've heard is in the MK8 community? And I'm shocked you've ever seen me on MKBoards, I've barely posted there as a result of being so shy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom