• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

• Hey Guest, the Side Order expansion is now available!

If you're playing the new DLC, please remember to keep your thread titles spoiler free, and use [spoiler] tags for any relevant spoilers in your posts.

Hi! I'm new to the forum, I registered to make new friends and improve :)

GokuJunior

Inkling
NNID
gokujunior5
Hello, I'm Gokujunior!, I have registered to this forum since I want to learn and improve at this game since it's my favourite one!.
I don't speak english so well because it's not my native language, but I will try to do my best so you can understand me!.
My rank is S+, however once I get there I've never played again ranked... at least, without squad...
Anyway, nice to meet some new squid friends :D

Captain Woomy

Woomy Enthusiast
Same here. I've always found the ranked system nerve racking as hell (especially going from S to S+) and don't plan on battling in ranked to try for S+ 99 anytime soon. S+ 30 is currently rewarding enough. XD Turf wars have always been more my thing, anyway.

Welcome to Squidboards. You're going to have a splatastic time here. Trust me.

Lyn

Squid Savior From the Future
Premium
Welcome Goku Jr.! I also hope you enjoy it here. Your English is very fine.

GokuJunior

Inkling
NNID
gokujunior5
Thanks for the welcome! I will be more active in the future, for now, I need to deal with school things...
(I'm happy that my english is enough for the people here to understand me :) )

Green Waffles

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Heyo!
You should try some solo S+ ;P
It feels like a real test of individual skill and the chargers are scary as hell.

And yeah, if you had not mentoned it, I would not have noticed that english isn't your 1st language.

GokuJunior

Inkling
NNID
gokujunior5
Heyo!
You should try some solo S+ ;P
It feels like a real test of individual skill and the chargers are scary as hell.

And yeah, if you had not mentoned it, I would not have noticed that english isn't your 1st language.
Hm... yes, in the past I was thinking about it, I want to get the S+99 rank, however that will be pretty difficult...
I have a friend that tried going solo, but he didn't had luck, so I've used my S+ rank user with him in squad battle, and it was terrible difficult to play squad with 2 S+,
First at all, the lag, my connection is not pretty good, however I'm going to have a better one in 3 days (I would like to discuss about the recommended ping to play, because mostly players are Japanese, and they have pretty high latency), the thing is that I die a lot because of lag.
The second one are the players, they are really strong, maybe I'm not strong enough to keep S+, but it wasn't a hell to surpass S.
Also, I want to learn how to use the carbon roller and snipers (I suck using the Inkzooka, but it seems pretty useful, you can kill one sniper that is really far without much problem I think).

I don't know if it is allowed to start discussing these things here, but atleast now you know what I want from the game xD.

Ikaheishi

Bobble-chan
Premium
Thanks for the welcome! I will be more active in the future, for now, I need to deal with school things...
(I'm happy that my english is enough for the people here to understand me :) )
You're welcome! And yeah… Definitely take care of your school matters first! :)

(I would like to discuss about the recommended ping to play, because mostly players are Japanese, and they have pretty high latency)
It's not that they have high latency, but communications between where you are an Japan have high latency. For example, I have relatively little latency between myself and most Japanese players of the game, but I'll have higher latency playing with those in the midwest or eastern US. The internet is only global because of all of the networks and international communications backbones that are connected together.

Whenever you're communicating with someone in Japan over the internet (like playing Splatoon), the data has to physically travel around the world. And in your case, seeing that you're in Argentina from your profile, it's a much longer trip for you than me.

I'm not all that far away from one of the ends of the Japan-US network of undersea cables, so no biggie for me. However, for you, there's basically three routes for your data to get to/from Japan. The shortest route is for it to travel up the Atlantic into the eastern US, across the US to California, and then to Japan via the same Japan-US network. The longer ways are for it to head through the Mediterranean, either by heading up to the Virgin Islands and traveling across the Atlantic to Spain, or by traveling across the Atlantic from Brazil to Senegal and then Portugal. From the Mediterranean it then would either head into and through Russia and then Japan, or through the countries of the North African coast and the middle east into India, followed by several southeast Asian countries, China, Taiwan, and Korea before reaching Japan.

No matter which way it goes, it's quite a trip, isn't it?

If you're interested, here's a neat transit style map of the internet connections between countries.

GokuJunior

Inkling
NNID
gokujunior5
You're welcome! And yeah… Definitely take care of your school matters first! :)

It's not that they have high latency, but communications between where you are an Japan have high latency. For example, I have relatively little latency between myself and most Japanese players of the game, but I'll have higher latency playing with those in the midwest or eastern US. The internet is only global because of all of the networks and international communications backbones that are connected together.

Whenever you're communicating with someone in Japan over the internet (like playing Splatoon), the data has to physically travel around the world. And in your case, seeing that you're in Argentina from your profile, it's a much longer trip for you than me.

I'm not all that far away from one of the ends of the Japan-US network of undersea cables, so no biggie for me. However, for you, there's basically three routes for your data to get to/from Japan. The shortest route is for it to travel up the Atlantic into the eastern US, across the US to California, and then to Japan via the same Japan-US network. The longer ways are for it to head through the Mediterranean, either by heading up to the Virgin Islands and traveling across the Atlantic to Spain, or by traveling across the Atlantic from Brazil to Senegal and then Portugal. From the Mediterranean it then would either head into and through Russia and then Japan, or through the countries of the North African coast and the middle east into India, followed by several southeast Asian countries, China, Taiwan, and Korea before reaching Japan.

No matter which way it goes, it's quite a trip, isn't it?

If you're interested, here's a neat transit style map of the internet connections between countries.

Oh, I see ... I was wrong About the Japanese players, They probably have better internet connection than my country for sure, however I did not know the route of the data being send from my country to Japan, I don't know exactly how the online game system works, but I think it takes the US route since it's the closest, right?

I tried to test my ping while playing Splatoon, but I think that it's a peer to peer connection to the others players, I also tried to filter my internet packets with Wireshark and next with Cproxy and I didn't had luck finding the servers IPs... however I found a lot of URLs that if I block them the online system wouldn't work correctly.

Anyway, with ping and those things I meant the recommended internet connection, Nintendo recommends to have at least 1mbps of upload speed, and 1.5mbps of download speed:
http://en-americas-support.nintendo.../splatoon:-a-communication-error-has-occurred.

My internet connection has 25ms of ping, 0.65mbps of upload speed and about 5.5mbps of download speed, but I have a lot of disconnections with this...
My old ISP had 11ms of ping, 1.2mbps upload and 15mbps of download (All theses results using speedtest.net) and the connection was good, even if someone was watching a video in a PC.

Before you show me that, I thought that a internet with 2mbps of upload and 20mbps of download would be enough to reduce lag (That's at least what my new ISP say will bring to me, they didn't know what to say about ping, but according to Netflix, they are the fastest ISP here, so I expect 11ms of ping), but I don't think the situation will improve a lot seeing that map... But I have a last question (Yes, I know I spoke a lot of things, and jumping from one topic to another, I need to correct that in my future in the forum) but if I change my DNS servers, to the google's one, that could improve my internet connection? I don't think so because it just resolves the IPs a little faster for web browsing, but I don't think it will work here... I don't lose anything asking, thanks!

Ikaheishi

Bobble-chan
Premium
if I change my DNS servers, to the google's one, that could improve my internet connection? I don't think so because it just resolves the IPs a little faster for web browsing, but I don't think it will work here...
Precisely. Changing DNS servers would have nothing to do with your actual connection.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom