• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Hi. I'm new

clare25273k

Inkster Jr.
Switch Friend Code
SW-3316-9613-5900
Hi. I'm new to splatoon 2 as I never got the chance to play splatoon 1. I really enjoy the game but sometimes find it stressful, keep getting killed :(
My name is Clare and I hope to make some good friends here :)
Thank you for allowing me to join :)
Clare

2shotsofvodka

Give me all your Vodka
Welcome to squidboards, Clare! If you have any questions, just ask!

I find it easier to just relax when i play, talking with others helps too. I actually use the game to let off stress. Let it be a source of stress, try to not get worked up over being killed a lot, you’ll get better in time~

Mr. Squiggly Squid

Inkling Commander
Welcome to squidboards, Clare! If you have any questions, just ask!

I find it easier to just relax when i play, talking with others helps too. I actually use the game to let off stress. Let it be a source of stress, try to not get worked up over being killed a lot, you’ll get better in time~
"Try not to get worked up over being killed a lot", since when was that EVER a thing?

2shotsofvodka

Give me all your Vodka
"Try not to get worked up over being killed a lot", since when was that EVER a thing?
I’m just trying to help them not get overly stressed over a game that is supposed to be fun, what you said is true or false depening on the person x)
I’ve been around plenty that enjoy the game and just laugh out being killed

2shotsofvodka

Give me all your Vodka
Yeah, failing miserably is SO funny!
Okay, listen, if you don’t like what I have to say then just ignore it please, because just like some get pissed off over dying a lot, there really are some of us that find the fun in every little thing Including Dying A Lot because, yes it is fun to be around others and just enjoy the game for what it is, so again, if you don’t like what I have to say, please just stop and turn the other way, thanks.

Mr. Squiggly Squid

Inkling Commander
Okay, listen, if you don’t like what I have to say then just ignore it please, because just like some get pissed off over dying a lot, there really are some of us that find the fun in every little thing Including Dying A Lot because, yes it is fun to be around others and just enjoy the game for what it is, so again, if you don’t like what I have to say, please just stop and turn the other way, thanks.
I just fail to see how dying is fun.

SmokyWreck

A captain of the darkness.
Yeah, failing miserably is SO funny!
Exemple of fun dying moment;
-Shooting the rainmaker and getting pushed offstage.
-Climbing a wall in salmon run only to have a salmonoid whack you into the water.
-Rolling off stage with the dualies.
-Missing a jump from a moving element of the map and falling in the abyss or missing a jump.
-Dying only to see the person who killed you die as well.
-Dying and having a teampals booyah your death.

It's a game, it's meant to not be taken seriously. If you lose, laugh it off and say ''i probably want too much on that specific side of that map'' and learn to avoid doing repetitive actions. //Shrug/ Some time being in VC with someone and having them rage with you about dying can help see death as something to laugh at.

Mr. Squiggly Squid

Inkling Commander
Exemple of fun dying moment;
-Shooting the rainmaker and getting pushed offstage.
-Climbing a wall in salmon run only to have a salmonoid whack you into the water.
-Rolling off stage with the dualies.
-Missing a jump from a moving element of the map and falling in the abyss or missing a jump.
-Dying only to see the person who killed you die as well.
-Dying and having a teampals booyah your death.

None of those are fun, they're embarrassing.

SmokyWreck

Hi. I'm new to splatoon 2 as I never got the chance to play splatoon 1. I really enjoy the game but sometimes find it stressful, keep getting killed :(
My name is Clare and I hope to make some good friends here :)
Thank you for allowing me to join :)
Clare
Welcome to Squidboards, you're still new, so long you have fun you should improve! If you get killed often, it might be because you do certain action repetitively. Such as rushing in, using the same path on the map too often, etc. So if you can spot those kind of repetitive behavior, you can start countering them and be less predictable! If you feel yourself getting stressed, try to goof and mess around in turf war to let out some steam, you might die, but in silly ways!

Plus, dying in the game can't be avoided per say, so don't stress yourself with constant death, in due time you'll die less and less.

SmokyWreck

Man, I'm sick of these perky players that think they can just say "gg lol!" to the losers and everything will be fine. If anything, saying gg is the biggest slap to the face ever. You can try all you want to laugh off your fails, but it won't work.
You should follow what your pfp say. ''Deal with it.''
If you fail, then get good. If you only think about winning, you will fail to see what you need improve, if you're so terrible that you keep on losing, good for you. We do not give a damn about your sorry faillure at playing a game, but all Kiba said was to not take the game seriously since the person whom's thread you're turning into some kind of negative place feel stressed from dying a lot in the game.

So honestly, if you got a problem, good for you. But at this point you're just trying to harvest some pity party. What do you want? For good players to dot on you or something? Why don,t you go rant in a thread for ranting about how bad you are at the game instead? We just wanted to let the new squid know that it's okay to die a lot and that they'll get better in time, they're still new and they should give themselves some time. Dunno why you felt the need to butt in.

Mr. Squiggly Squid

Inkling Commander
You should follow what your pfp say. ''Deal with it.''
If you fail, then get good. If you only think about winning, you will fail to see what you need improve, if you're so terrible that you keep on losing, good for you. We do not give a damn about your sorry faillure at playing a game, but all Kiba said was to not take the game seriously since the person whom's thread you're turning into some kind of negative place feel stressed from dying a lot in the game.

So honestly, if you got a problem, good for you. But at this point you're just trying to harvest some pity party. What do you want? For good players to dot on you or something? Why don,t you go rant in a thread for ranting about how bad you are at the game instead? We just wanted to let the new squid know that it's okay to die a lot and that they'll get better in time, they're still new and they should give themselves some time. Dunno why you felt the need to butt in.
Well, I see my plan worked. Yeah, uh...I was messing with you guys. I wanted to see how people react to negativity on this site, I saw this thread and thought it was my chance. So now I know people don't really care about the haters here on Squidboards and that's great. Sorry if I angered you.

Nathan99

Inkster Jr.
Switch Friend Code
SW-6971-8372-8798
Hi. I also never played Splatoon 1, so I am a little behind as well. Hope you feel welcome here. I am new myself. :-)

clare25273k

Inkster Jr.
Switch Friend Code
SW-3316-9613-5900
Hi. I also never played Splatoon 1, so I am a little behind as well. Hope you feel welcome here. I am new myself. :)
Thanx :) I don't know about you but I wish I was more better at the game than what I am at the moment. I just need to keep practising :)

Nathan99

Inkster Jr.
Switch Friend Code
SW-6971-8372-8798
Thanx :) I don't know about you but I wish I was more better at the game than what I am at the moment. I just need to keep practising :)
Ya. It takes time, but it's worth it. If you want to practice sometime, friend me. My code is on my profile page.

clare25273k

Inkster Jr.
Switch Friend Code
SW-3316-9613-5900
Thanx :) I've sent you a friend request :) my current name is Newbie but I'm going to change it soon

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom