• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

How active are you?

Dessgeega

Egyptian Goo God
Switch Friend Code
SW-3756-0533-5215
This thought's been bouncing around in my head as I keep seeing people mention how little they play.

How often do you play Splatoon these days? Ranked or turf? Do you think you'll keep up the pace you're at for the foreseeable future?

As for myself, well, look at my custom title. It's been a couple weeks since I touched the game. Getting a new job and also new games finally put the kibosh on this beast that ate 570 hours of my life :P

Cuttleshock

Inkling Commander
I play a lot, but that's partly because it's the middle of the summer holiday. The biggest upcoming obstacle will be moving out for university, at which point I'll almost certainly have no more access to a Wii U most of the time and I'll move all of my competitive energy to Pokémon and, uh, getting good grades.

Zero Meddler

Inkling Cadet
I'm somewhat erratic when it comes to how frequently I play. Sometimes, I'll play a lot while other times I'll barely touch the gane. When I do, it's usually Turf because just looking at the Ranked mode intimidates me. Seriously, I just can't... the modes are alright but... I don't know... maybe it's because I don't have as much freedom as to what I can go into the mode with while with Turf I can play whatever and not have an impact on rank or anything like that. =/

I think my play habits will stay like this in the future until I get completely bored with the game... or a sequel comes out. Whichever comes first. o3o

Aori

Don't get Cooked!
I currently play every now and then when I feel like it, but not constantly. I only play Turf Wars.
Depending on my work schedule I may be even more scarce starting late September.

Mr. 9

Semi-Pro Squid
NNID
interesting_deal
When I first picked up Splatoon I played TW exclusively and didn't even touch ranked until l hit level 43. When I tried ranked it was love at first sight, and outside of Splatfests I haven't played TW in months probably.

As far as activity, I still play probably at least 10 hours a week, which is really high for me (I also only play video games about 10 hours a week->I'm only playing Splatoon right now, ha ha).

In the future, I really need/want to play the Zelda Windwaker and Twilight Princess remakes which are currently sitting in my drawer. Once I start on that I probably won't play Splatoon as much for a while. Still, I don't plan on retiring any time soon.

Hero of Lime

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Link643
Switch Friend Code
SW-5339-5185-8796.
Right now, maybe once a day, or once every other day for about an hour each time. I definitely don't play Splatoon as much as I used to back when it was my main game. But I've put about 550 hours into it now, and I still intend to keep going casually like this for some time. I honestly have no idea how the time will come when I simply put the game away for good and wait for the sequel.

chrisblass1

Pro Squid
NNID
Chrisblass1
i play once in awhile, not very long though. Used to play a lot during the first few months of it release.

Green Waffles

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Erratically.

This last week I've been playing a ton. The week before I sorta played it every other day for an hour or so.
Once semester starts I'll be playing much less again.

It depends on how many friends are there to play with and what all I have to do at any given time.

And I might also play it a lot less IF I decide to buy a 3DS/polkamans sun'er'mun

Cuttlefish

...........Oops! I fell asleep!
NNID
tokkers
I play as much as I can since I'm part of a competitive squad, and I just genuinely love the game.

I don't play as much as I'd like to due to chronic illness, however, so I can seem a bit inactive sometimes. I did complete a 10 hour session with no breaks the other night, though :p

Dessgeega

Egyptian Goo God
Switch Friend Code
SW-3756-0533-5215
I play as much as I can since I'm part of a competitive squad, and I just genuinely love the game.

I don't play as much as I'd like to due to chronic illness, however, so I can seem a bit inactive sometimes. I did complete a 10 hour session with no breaks the other night, though :p
Uh... 10 hours of any game with no breaks doesn't sound healthy. Just saying.

Nozzlepops

Inkster Jr.
NNID
Nozzles
I just picked the game back up a week ago, after about a 6 month hiatus. It's been very, very fun and "new feeling" after such a long time of not playing it. Haven't touched turf war in an even longer amount of time; but I play ranked as much as possible. Rainmaker is the best. <3

Flareth

Inkling Fleet Admiral
I find it highly ironic that I played it continuously during the past semester (as opposed to, y'know, making sure I don't fail all my classes yet again), and yet I haven't been playing it all that much over the summer. Granted, that's a result of having to move and then finding new games to play, but still...

However, that's not to say I don't play less in a single day compared to before. I can still splat it up for hours at a time on good days.

Cuttlefish

...........Oops! I fell asleep!
NNID
tokkers
Uh... 10 hours of any game with no breaks doesn't sound healthy. Just saying.
well I took breaks to eat and use the bathroom :p not really healthy at all, but I was grinding to 50 so I can finally stop thinking about it.

birdiebee

Inkling Commander
NNID
birdiebee
Still play almost daily, although the average length of a play session has shortened a little bit.
I don't think I'll ever reach S+ 99, but I'm okay with that. I really only play for fun now. And being able to hold my own in S+ with more than just Splattershot Jr these days is hugely satisfying. I used to say I'd never touch inkbrushes, but now I can play competently with Permanent in S+. I guess the only real goal I have left in Splatoon is continuing to diversify my weapon usage.

I still find myself wanting to come back to Splatoon after playing other games, though. I've nearly finished the Story Mode of Kirby Planet Robobot, and its funny to think like after I get 100% completion (or ~close enough~) I probably won't revisit it in the foreseeable future, whereas Splatoon is always there to come back to. There are several other games I started but didn't complete due to Splatoon. Honestly its hard to imagine how I would be occupying my downtime if it weren't for Splatoon. If I need to kill an hour or 3 or a whole evening I just splat and don't even think about it.

⭐️Zapfish⭐️

Inkling Cadet
NNID
meggiemooshoo
I used to play a lot, but I haven't played much...I played only briefly two days ago but before that I didn't get to play for a moth or two. ;w;

Robins

Inkling
NNID
Latiken
I'm gonna be extremely busy in school this year, so I'll probably only be able to play an hour a day.

I used to play constantly over the summer when I was staying with my sister, who has great internet. Once I moved back, I stopped playing as much, since my internet is awful and I lag a lot. It pushed me into only playing Turf.

I finally got a LAN adaptor, and set up my console on my monitor. I don't lag as much as I used to, but I accepted that it'll always be present. I can finally at least play Ranked without blaming every single kill on lag.

Autumn

Inkling
Even after 400 hours of game time, still play from 30 minutes to a couple of hours an evening.

Mostly in turf wars because my free time is during the 'dreaded hours of lag'. With a wired connection, 30 minutes happens after 4 different lobbies of painful lag, 2 hours when things are smooth and spend some time in ranked.

Still having fun trying different weapon, gear, map, mode combos. And, the lag is not the only reason I am still in S - too many 'Doh! why did I just do that, I know better' moments.

Ansible

Squid Savior From the Future
Community Ambassador
[Somehow] Almost daily? Usually 30 minutes~1 hour at a time. Mostly rank. Some days I'll binge an extra hour or two, maybe play multiple times throughout a day. That's when I usually put in some heavy turf war time.

I've often been around 9x% solo play. Getting stuck in ranks and slowly slowly improving. Recently touch I've been working to shake that up by squadding with others and anyone I can when opportunity permits.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom