• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Splatoon 2 How big are your bubbles??

Smaug

Inkling
So I've seen people run a lot of special power up with bubble blower. How worth it is it really? It increases the size of the bubble and the explosion but how badly is it affected by diminishing returns? Not really sure how much to run if any.

J'Wiz

Inkling Cadet
NNID
JWiz
I tried out 3 mains of Special Power Up with Bubble Blower, and I think it was about a 33% size and explosion increase? Atleast I remember it being fairly significant.

I personally would only run Special Power Up on Splat Zones. It makes your bubbles more likely to instantly take over the zone. I have had many matches where my bubbles turned things around. For everything else, eeeeeh. Bubbles are still useful, but the size doesn't mean much in other modes. Most players either steer clear or get stupidly close to your bubbles. For Splat Zones, I just run 3 subs of Special Power Up. It is usually enough to instantly take over the zone, or one bubble can instantly take over the mini zones.

I recall Bubble Blower being considered the worst special, but I think it is really helpful. I mentioned its value in Splat Zones, but it is great for going through choke points or making a push. Release your bubbles, swim under them, and if the enemies try to get you, suction bomb the bubbles and they die. Players also like blowing their cover just to shoot at your bubbles.

Now bubbles need something where Ink Storm doesn't do damage to you if you're hiding under a bubble.

Last edited:

Drew Sebastino

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Espozo
Switch Friend Code
SW-3924-6316-9401
Release your bubbles, swim under them, and if the enemies try to get you, suction bomb the bubbles and they die.
Also works great for the Rainmaker shield and enemy Splash Walls. (Basically, don't set up a Splash Wall and jump back and forth through it. :p)

BBGrenorange

Inkling Cadet
Super-huge bubbles have a tendency to freak your opponents out, but I'd say 3 mains is a bit excessive.

LunarHalo24

Inkling
NNID
LunarHalo24
Switch Friend Code
SW-2860-2683-3610
I've been running 1 main and 3 subs of it with the Forge Pro as of late. The bigger the bubbles, the easier they are to hide behind or inside of and use them as a shield.
I think Bubble Blower is pretty useful for Clam Blitz too, since it can provide cover when you're trying to get to the goal.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom