• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Splatoon 2 how come TC is all of a sudden so hard in S rank?

Coolkid

Inkling Cadet
yeah the title says it.i don't believe in a bad luck streak in this mode anymore..it starts to get to the point that i start to think it's me..also because i just don't understand it how this is all of a sudden so hard for me T~T

ok so i admit,from the 3 original ranked modes TC was always kinda a struggle for me,about RM,SZ,even CB i can say that i know exactly what to do,even in S rank with RM i don't feel like a noob ^^''

but TC..it's getting to me,my fave weapon i was really good with on TC just doesn't work..really nothing works with each weapon i pick..and i just don't get it.. it feels like i am in X rank with this mode and hell i already know i will never reach X rank but still it's as if TC became a complete different mode,people play so differently and so confusing for some reason i just don't know what to do anymore..i really start to overthink in this mode now because i want to be just as good as i was with TC in A rank so i already start a match being insecure and a bit frustrated v~v

LiX

Pro Squid
Switch Friend Code
SW-8003-1880-5821
Hey! Since you did not give any specific data at all (weapon in use, playstyle, situations that give you the struggle you outline) I can only give general advice:

Something that every player should do, regardless whether he's a frontliner, backliner etc. is to remember where the tower is right now. Divide a game of TC into phases: Objective untouched in mid/push/enemy push/tower going back from either side. You should always quickly rethink which phase you are in and what would be a smart move right now to bring your side into advantage. Keeping an eye on tower location is crucial for that.

Another thing a lot of players in S rank have not quite grasped is when to initiate a push/when to hold back. In TC and in general. Keep an eye on the status of your teammates and enemies. How many are alive on either side? Is it 3v1 in in your favor now? Then, depending on what you play, you may want to get on the tower/hunt down the last guy/cover ground and work your way to the front to take out respawning enemies.
Are you the last guy alive? Better not rush in and play the hero against the entirety of the enemy team. Hold back and act as a beacon for your respawning teammates. Or hold ground in the back and go in with your teammates when they're alive again.
Key is: Initiate pushes only when the enemy team is in disadvantage Stay defensive and don't risk too much if they're in advantage.

Then a good option would be to find a weapon that suits your role. I have no idea what you play. The octoling in your profile picture holds a Brella. So you may be playing a Brella. For TC, the vanilla Brella can be decent. You can pressure the tower with rain well. You could ride the tower and shield it well from attackers. In other words: You could play objective oriented.

You can do research on roles in Splatoon easily. Look it up and then see which playstyle you usually go for. Once you figured that you, it will be much easier to find a weapon you deem appropriate.

Good luck!

Gameboy224

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Gameboy224
I mean, the simple tip that I use a lot while playing Tower Control is quite simple. Exploit predictability. It's gotten me into S+ and is still showing some pretty commanding results in S+ on my slow (because I'm lazy) treck to X.

I mainly use the Tri-Slosher for my Tower Control games. I'm typically not the primary tower rider, typically I'm the slayer or defender. Though it all depends on situation, I'll ride the tower if nobody else it taking on the task and to get slight advances, but I'll jump into other jobs given a moment's notice. Be aware when it is smart to ride and when not to.

If you can predict routes your enemies will take either when trying to stop your advance of when advancing, you find key opportunities to take out key players and pave the way for your own team's advance.

Like in say, Sturgeon Shipyard, when advancing, enemies would obviously expect you to go down the right the path following the tower. Likely the other players on your team will be doing just that. Instead, I take the left path, because closer ranged weapons trying to rush the tower will likely drop to the bottom floor, leaving them open from behind while they pay attention to the tower and your other teammates. Furthermore, if you can secure a wipe, going up a level and hiding where they'd obviously drop off is also an easy way to get a bunch of sneak attacks since they wouldn't really expect you to be right under their nose.
While defending against a push, similar applies. The tower is going down on the left side of the map. Instead of trying to bum rush the tower in the hopes of pulling off a wipe, I would instead take the right path, go around and take them all out from behind. It may take a little longer to get into action, but it will exponentially increase you likelihood of stopping a push.

Similar things with a lot of other maps, find unconventional and indirect routes to get into the action. If you you see a weakness in the enemy's typical strategy, exploit it. If they start catching on, take another path. What I'm saying is, flank, flank a lot.

Last edited:

Coolkid

Inkling Cadet
i want to thank the both of you! sorry for not replying back yet,but i been reading everything you guys said and tried those methodes to see how they work for me,and it did work in multiple situations! :D i actually reached S+ rank,not that i expected it to happen but it did! now comes the real challenges but if i keep trying the stuff you guys adviced i'm sure i will keep doing well even if i lose :D
thanks again! ^-^

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom