• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

• Hey Guest, the Side Order expansion is now available!

If you're playing the new DLC, please remember to keep your thread titles spoiler free, and use [spoiler] tags for any relevant spoilers in your posts.

How Damage Up and Defense Up affect each weapon

Gear How Damage Up and Defense Up affect each weapon

NiteHood

Inkling
NiteHood submitted a new guide:

How Damage Up and Defense Up affect each weapon - How much Damage Up and Defence Up will actually help you

Gear is a pretty important part of Splatoon. Not only does it allow you to stay looking fresh, but each piece comes with an ability to help you sway the tide of battle. Popular choices among these abilities have always been Defense Up, and possibly more so, Damage Up, and I can see why. It feels good to know that each shot you land is weakening your opponent just a little bit more than normal, and in a one-on-one with an enemy squid, Damage Up makes sure they're easier to splat. Right? How...
Read more about this guide...

1o2

Inkling Cadet
Thank you so much for this guide, I've been looking for something like this!

queazy

Inkling
I don't know how to respond directly to the guide so let me just reply here. I want to share these additional piece of information regarding Damage-Up. Most importantly is the first one which tells you how much percentage your damage increases by you get when equipping Damage-Up (it's in the red circle). There's also a chart describing the damage caps that most weapons have, for example the Aerospray normally hits for 24.5 damage but no matter how much Damage-Up you equip it will never increase more than 24.9 because that is its damage cap.

Also there's a weird little thing about the RainMaker's shield, which usually takes 1,000 damage before it pops, but some weapons do increased damage to it. For example to pop the Rainmaker's shield it will take 6 Ink Mines, or 3 Splat/Suction Bombs, or 2 Seekers, even though they all normally do the same 180.0 damage. Thank you for the nice guide.

http://i.imgur.com/q4TPN9u.png

NiteHood

Inkling
I don't know how to respond directly to the guide so let me just reply here. I want to share these additional piece of information regarding Damage-Up. Most importantly is the first one which tells you how much percentage your damage increases by you get when equipping Damage-Up (it's in the red circle). There's also a chart describing the damage caps that most weapons have, for example the Aerospray normally hits for 24.5 damage but no matter how much Damage-Up you equip it will never increase more than 24.9 because that is its damage cap.

Also there's a weird little thing about the RainMaker's shield, which usually takes 1,000 damage before it pops, but some weapons do increased damage to it. For example to pop the Rainmaker's shield it will take 6 Ink Mines, or 3 Splat/Suction Bombs, or 2 Seekers, even though they all normally do the same 180.0 damage. Thank you for the nice guide.

http://i.imgur.com/q4TPN9u.png
Wow, thank you. This is very useful information! I'll definitely be using this in the future. I'm glad you liked my guide!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom