• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

How do you feel about Nintendo adding multiplayer data for the killer wail to Splatoon 2?

hard candy

Inkling
I personally think that it's too little too late cause the specials in Splatoon 1 are amazing. Sadly, the Bubbler got downgraded to ink armor, the Inkzooka got downgraded to Sting Ray, the inkstrike got downgraded to the Tenta missiles, and we got stuff like the bubble blower that only blows three measly bubbles, and the splashdown that makes you vulnerable for like half a second.

Of course some of the s2 specials are amazing like the booyah bomb and the baller but it's dumb that Nintendo made up an inkling policy that banned the old specials.

Anyways how do you feel about at least one Splatoon 1 special coming back to Splatoon 2?

radio-fashion

Full Squid
Switch Friend Code
SW-3797-5332-9696
I never played splatoon 1, only heard of the wild times splatoon 1's specials were, and my hope is that it's handled well considering how less op splatoon 2 specials are. With luck, it'll only need minimal nerfs and won't totally destroy current splatoon meta lmao

Gameboy224

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Gameboy224
There's like a 95% chance it's just part of a Splatfest gimmick and nothing else.

I also really don't like Splatoon 1 specials as much. I much prefer Splatoon 2 because they're toned down.

Inkling
Switch Friend Code
SW-5982-1990-1892
I'd assume it'd be for the last Splatfest AKA a Pearl vs. Marina one (like the final Callie vs. Marie in Splatoon 1), considering in the Octo Expansion we learn that
the Killer Wail is Pearl's special
& no other original special from the first game was added which makes sense since
(Marina's Hyperbombs didn't exist back then)

So whichever team you pick probably determines what special you use in-game with the last Shifty Station gimmick to get them, my guess at least

Cephalobro

Splatoon 1 specials were overpowered with very few downsides, that's why I'm glad they didn't return in Splatoon 2, the only one that wasn't even remotely overpowered was actually the one they brought back: The Bomb Rush

Crash

Inkling
Switch Friend Code
SW-1662-4595-1219
Honestly? Killer wail > stingray. Just give it some tweaks and it’s good. Splatoon 2 doesn’t really have many maps with long sections that are super crucial to the map (see: saltspray rig) so imho if it was added back how it is it wouldn’t even be op at all

Danirla

Inkling
I've never played Splatoon 1 but I have watched some videos and I think its specials are a little too OP, I prefer the ones in S2 since they are more balanced. Anyways, I think the Killer Wail will be part of the Pearl vs Marina Splatfest just like Marina's Hyperbombs.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom