• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

• Hey Guest, the Side Order expansion is now available!

If you're playing the new DLC, please remember to keep your thread titles spoiler free, and use [spoiler] tags for any relevant spoilers in your posts.

Splatoon 2 How does Rank X point system work?

Pupsik

Inkster Jr.
NNID
pupsik2479
Hi there!
I know im going to be labelled as a petty, salty loser (which I am) but im generally curious how a human being is suppose to climb in Rank X.

I keep losing over 30 points for a lose, no matter how "much" im doing or even if it's a knockout or not.

This by itself (while dumb) Is manageable, the real kicker is the fact that EVERY TIME I win, I gain less than 10 points...how is that suppose to work? Even when I get the most Splats or Special usages I still get screwed over...

I really have no idea at this point...

LiX

Pro Squid
Switch Friend Code
SW-8003-1880-5821
I suppose the rank X system works much like the league scores (and the S+ scores we could never see).

Nintendo puts 4 players together. Naturally, one side will have a higher power than the other with all scores calculated together. So statistically, one team is more "likely" to win because their higher average score suggests it. So if you are in that team and win, you get fewer points because you were supposed to win anyway, whereas, if you were in the opposing team with the lower score and won, you'd be awarded much more points because statistically, you were supposed to lose.
So obviously, if you lose a lot of points, you were statistically supposed to win this battle. Punishment is harder because you were facing an "easy" team.

To put it short: You get more points for beating "hard" teams than you get for "easy" teams. You lose a lot of points if you lose to "easy" teams, whereas you won't lose a lot losing to "hard" teams.

Pupsik

Inkster Jr.
NNID
pupsik2479
Well the only problem is that the "easy" teams keep destroying my team...

Guess that's it for me when it comes to X Rank

Flammie

Inkling Cadet
NNID
FlammieLL
First Video : Did that guy Chadroller disconnect? that would affect your final score.

Second Video : Nothing unusual there.

Third Video : Usually the higher you go, the harder it is to maintain your rank.

I'm making a guess that they did this to shuffle X ranked player with S+ ranked players, so if someone is consistantly losing, they'll be put back into S+, and you'll have to fight back to X rank, i don't think it's supposed to be easy to maintain X Rank that easily, or everyone would be X Rank in the end.

AC1

Inkster Jr.
Player hidden power rating (rank S+ or lower) is based on the formula used to calculate the player power rating (rank X).

The player can estimate their hidden power rating if your rank is S+ or lower.

MindWanderer

Inkling Commander
NNID
MindWanderer
Switch Friend Code
SW-5961-6763-3987
It would be more informative if you could also see the power ratings of each participant, or at least of each team. There's probably a simple formula, something like:

+ (Bad Guys total power - 1000) / (Good Guys total power - 1000) * 10 if you win
- (Good Guys total power - 1000) / (Bad Guys total power - 1000) * 10 if you lose

It's probably not exactly that, but something along those lines.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom