• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

How Frequent Are Hackers Now?

SpillProff

Full Squid
NNID
SpillProff
So I haven't been on Splatoon in like about six months since I gotten my Windows 10 laptop. I wanted to know how frequent hackers are because I don't feel like waiting for them to leave the lobby.

SquidHunterX

Senior Squid
NNID
Supes
Last time I played was 2 weeks ago. I was in a turf war room full of them.

ForteReborn

Inkling Commander
NNID
ForteReborn
Switch Friend Code
SW-5389-7346-0792
It wasn't me, but my friend spotted agent 4 with her tentacles being a glowing bright white. Otherwise no encounters on my end, that is for sure. But when Splatoon 2 arrives, I can see an influx arriving right after.

SpillProff

Full Squid
NNID
SpillProff
Welp, from the first person's comment, I might as well wait for Splatoon 2 and continue playing Team Fortress 2 until it comes out.

Dessgeega

Egyptian Goo God
Switch Friend Code
SW-3756-0533-5215
I've yet to encounter any myself, and reports from friends have been rare. Take personal anecdotes with a grain of salt.

ReeSquidGig

Inkling Commander
Pronouns
Her / she
NNID
Ree
Switch Friend Code
SW-8348-2484-7793
So I haven't been on Splatoon in like about six months since I gotten my Windows 10 laptop. I wanted to know how frequent hackers are because I don't feel like waiting for them to leave the lobby.
OH, just the thread I was looking for, very, very, very frequent, I guess those people don't care about splatoon any more, and those who DO hack, never have a real name, it only is dashes, or some times just a space, Ex; [ ] =iui=, bob, -_-/ these are some of the names i've seen.

two times they ended up stopping my battles, and froze my screen and wii u, they made me mad, and my wii u set off an alarm...!!!

Last edited by a moderator:

SpillProff

Full Squid
NNID
SpillProff
You mean the earrape alarm? Like it makes a ear piercing sound when it freezes? That happened to me when I was changing my gear during a private battle match.

I just realized I put this in the Splatoon 2 discussion. Can any moderators like put this in the Splatoon 1 section?

Last edited by a moderator:

Lyn

Squid Savior From the Future
Premium
I have never encountered anyone modding the game.

Hero of Lime

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Link643
Switch Friend Code
SW-5339-5185-8796.
I've only encountered one I can be sure was hacking. I posted my experience in another thread recently, but TLDR: Someone was using I guess some sort of speed hack to be able to move around at crazy speeds. He was on my team, and used an Aerospray RG, which is a little merciful to the other team since even with that speed hack, he was getting splatted a lot. Towards the end of the match the other team had a good shot at winning, but we managed to still win, even though I sorta stayed back and just inked turf.

However, I had another match recently, I'm not sure if the person was hacking or not, but I swear they were using some hack to teleport around the map. At one point very early in the match, I was off to the side of Urchin Underpass (the little side lane behind the grate to the left of your base) inking like normal, when suddenly I was being shot in the back and splatted. I find it super hard to believe they managed to run all the way over to our side of the map, and slip past my three teammates like that to get to me. For the rest of the match, they were pretty much back in the fight very soon after being splatted, way too quickly to be playing normally. We managed to win the match either way, but it was still super fishy.

2 matches out of like 650 hours of play, I cant really complain about hackers on my end really. And it's nice you can just block them right after the match if you want.

squiddoodly

Full Squid
I don't think i've ever encountered a hacker before luckily. I had one match where there was some insanely heavy lag though, where I had to question if the lag was actually lag or a hacker. The lag stopped after a while though, so I still don't know what to identify it as.

jookie

Inkster Jr.
NNID
j00kieizm
Twice in the last week where I saw legit hackers. First one was a sniper with infinite bombs and it was so nuts. I took a video too!
Next guy was a kraken from the start of the match to the end, he just kept swimming around the whole match as a kraken.

I've heard of a lot more hackers recently from friends too. It seems like Nintendo just doesn't care about it anymore. D:

Hero of Lime

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Link643
Switch Friend Code
SW-5339-5185-8796.
Twice in the last week where I saw legit hackers. First one was a sniper with infinite bombs and it was so nuts. I took a video too!
Next guy was a kraken from the start of the match to the end, he just kept swimming around the whole match as a kraken.

I've heard of a lot more hackers recently from friends too. It seems like Nintendo just doesn't care about it anymore. D:
That did not look pleasant. :scared:

But sadly with the this game having been untouched by the devs in almost a year, and with the sequel coming in just a few weeks, Nintendo definitely has little to no oversight on what's happening in Splatoon 1. Which is really sad, but it makes sense given the circumstances. I bet hackers will go even more crazy once Splatoon 2 comes, so be prepared for that if anyone intends to keep playing the first game post Splatoon 2's launch.

ThatSquidYouKnow

Inkling Commander
NNID
link12014
Switch Friend Code
SW-0194-3194-0146
In my 2 years of playing it, I've only encountered one, and even then it was a maybe. So it's all up to personal experience it seems.

Lyn

Squid Savior From the Future
Premium
Okay, that doesn't really count. Splathax is just a gear editor, it doesn't give you anything outside of the bounds of what you get normally. It has no effect in a match differently than someone with that gear normally. Completely different than hacking to legitimately cheat ingame...

Sure, you can set your self to level 50 or S+ or whatever.. but what good does it do you? If you go up against other S+ players and aren't one yourself, you'll just lose the rank.. so it has no real effect. Normal levels don't really do anything either, so I wouldn't consider this on the same level as hacking.

Ghiraham-Sandwich

Full Squid
I've only ever encountered one, i immediately left after that game because it was very boring and unfair. i felt sorry for the opposite team...

Is there no way to stop hackers? Like reporting them or something? I haven't been playing Splatoon very much so I don't know how hackers are dealt with, i've seen hackers on Amino complain that they are banned but how do they get caught?

jookie

Inkster Jr.
NNID
j00kieizm
Splathax is hacking.... It's called SplatHAX = Splat hacks. Like come on, please don't try to argue that. You're using something besides the in game system to change your gear. Everyone's got their own opinion if it's okay or not, but don't try to argue that it's not hacking.

Serious hackers are sometimes impossible to report, the person in the video I posted didn't have an NNID linked to them when I went to find/report them.

I'll be avoiding Splatoon 1 like the plague once 2 comes out anyway. I'd like a fresh game where everyone starts on the same page. I got into Splatoon a year after it was released, so I've never seen the time where people weren't gear hacking/hacking in general.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom