• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

• Hey Guest, the Side Order expansion is now available!

If you're playing the new DLC, please remember to keep your thread titles spoiler free, and use [spoiler] tags for any relevant spoilers in your posts.

How Hack-able is this Website?

°Sea Cowie°

Inkster Jr.
NNID
SailorMewn
Switch Friend Code
SW-6832-4486-4403
I was just wondering, because I often feel unsafe putting in any private information online.
I put in a fake birth date and everything, but sometimes I still worry about my privacy-
and keeping myself anonymous.
I just wanted to know if I should keep on taking precautions.
You never know if you can trust anything online;;

Emperor

twitter.com/Former_Eminence
I know how you feel. The best thing I could recommend is to continue to do so, but make sure your email that is associated with the account isn't important. Make an email for venturing out on websites if something were to get hacked, the only information they'd have is an email you technically don't use.

speedySonic

Full Squid
I mean, you probably want to put your Switch code (or NNID for Splatoon 1), but aside from that I personally don't think it's necessary to put anything else in your profile. This is a Splatoon strategy website, not Facebook.

Agent Z

Inkling Commander
I mean, you probably want to put your Switch code (or NNID for Splatoon 1), but aside from that I personally don't think it's necessary to put anything else in your profile. This is a Splatoon strategy website, not Facebook.
You'd be surprised how little that means to malicious people.
The Infinity Blade Forums had to be rebuilt completely from the ground up because they were hacked.... Twice.

Zwei

Full Squid
NNID
ZweiMC
I think squidboards uses Xenforo as the base. Given how many sites use Xenforo, there's a huge inscentive to find vulnerabilities in it, and as such various vulnerabilities are spotted from time to time, but they're incredbly hard to find. When such vulnerabilities are found, the risk of viruses are much greater than personal information leak--the password is still behind a salted hash. XSS attacks causing the browser to execute arbitrary code are a much scarier risk, and xenforo is probably much more secure than many other websites you use on a frequent basis, simply due to how much it's aged with procedural fixing of exploits.

Lyn

Squid Savior From the Future
Premium
Considering this is using the same system (and has the same admin) as Smashboards, which has been around since 1999 I'd say pretty secure. It's always good to keep your passwords separate on any site you use, as a word of the wise in general.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom