• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

• Hey Guest, the Side Order expansion is now available!

If you're playing the new DLC, please remember to keep your thread titles spoiler free, and use [spoiler] tags for any relevant spoilers in your posts.

How long did it take you to learn the Motion Controls?

LegaLoli

Streamer
NNID
LegaLoli
I am starting to use them at LVL 16 rank B- I was wondering when everyone else decided they were better to use.

Pivi

Inkling Cadet
NNID
HeroPivi
I used motion controls from the start, it definitely takes a bit of effort, kind of like riding a bike, but when you get it down, it turns into second nature, because using motion controls in tandem with the control stick allows for near perfect aiming.
Don't be afraid to mess with your sensitivity!

Poxnixles

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Vitiel
Used it from the start of the testfire and took me hardly any time to adjust at all. I was surprised.

micahclay

Inkster Jr.
NNID
micahclay
It took a lot less time than I expected. Recently, I tried regular controls, and it felt foreign to me

000aj

Inkling
NNID
000-aj
I started with the motion controls and I didn't like it at all. I played to level 20 with regular controls, until I tried motion on single player, since I heard it worked better. Never stopped using it since.

WaifuRaccoonBL

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Probably after both the testfire and sometime into the single player. While I got used to them in the test fire, I would say I got comfortable with them in the single player.

Inyo

Inkling Cadet
NNID
SurfGreenGibby
Took about 20 minutes into the first Testfire. I had more trouble with using the other buttons than with aiming.

Now, to master using the Y button...

Inkoishi

The Closed Eyes of Love
NNID
DokiDokiKoishi
still haven't yet. it feels really hard to control to me.

TheMH

Inkling Commander
NNID
The_MH
Don't be afraid to mess with your sensitivity!
This.

I used to play with -1 - 0 until now, but just went crazy and switched it to +5. And it's actually fairly comfortable. You can rotate the camera almost as fast as with Y steps, so this helps a lot. Now I just have to readjust my aiming :D

Inkoishi

The Closed Eyes of Love
NNID
DokiDokiKoishi
This.

I used to play with -1 - 0 until now, but just went crazy and switched it to +5. And it's actually fairly comfortable. You can rotate the camera almost as fast as with Y steps, so this helps a lot. Now I just have to readjust my aiming :D
Yeah, i can't believe I didn't change it sooner, it definitely helps.

Poxnixles

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Vitiel
Took about 20 minutes into the first Testfire. I had more trouble with using the other buttons than with aiming.

Now, to master using the Y button...
I still don't have a grasp on how to use the Y button well. Any tips on that?

Phobos

Inkling Commander
For vertical aiming, it was very natural, but I'd say I'm still learning for horizontal aiming - still don't have the balance of stick + gyro down.

EDIT

Oh, misunderstood the question! Since the beginning. Coming from PC FPS background, it felt much more natural than the regular twin-stick.

LegaLoli

Streamer
NNID
LegaLoli
I just did story mode for my Amiibo and I see why so many people use it. This is so much better. I was crippling myself with the dual stick!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom