• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

How many of us have made it in to A+ Rank in Splatzones?

ThatSrb2DUDE

Senior Squid
NNID
ThatSrb2DUDE
I managed to get in to A+ last night so I was wondering who else has (I only know 2 so far). I find when you get in to this rank the players are alot harder to find as well as play against.

Pink♡Ink☆RAVE

Inkster Jr.
NNID
StrawberryGynoid
Wow, that's amazing! I was really close to making it to B- rank yesterday. But then I started having troubles and lost several rounds and was just keeping C+ rank.

And now I've been a little busy so I haven't had as much time to play. I'm still rank C+, but hopefully today I'll have some time to make B-!

Lyn

Squid Savior From the Future
Premium
I can't unfortunately, i'll win two games then have teammates run around and ruin it for us all. :(

egaddmario

Inkling
NNID
egaddmario
I got from a C- to a C with only 2 losses last night. I just didn't have enough time to keep playing. I'm hoping to climb when i hopefully play later tonight.

Mrwhatzitooya

Pro Squid
It took me ages just to get to C+ yesterday! A lot of painstaking matches and seesawing up and down the C tier -.- It's heavily based on team skill from what i've seen so far.

Congrats on getting to A+ though, and well done! :D

TheMH

Inkling Commander
NNID
The_MH
I am currently strugging to get B- rank. Yesterday disconnects killed most of my progress and I didn't seem to be able to get a bigger win streak going.

Just watching the posted video of the A+ room - I like how one of the first comments after 40 seconds of gameplay is "That man's lagging" :D
inb4A+ in a nutshell

PerfektNerD

The Villain You Need
NNID
Perfekt
I got to A for a few glorious matches but then dropped down to A- again...then I dropped to B- when I switched to the Dynamo Roller from the Aerospray RG.

Working my way back up :D

Hope

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Agrexis
I played ranked seriously for a couple hours and got B- 30pts but have not played since. Learning the custom jet squelcher was so worth though, it destroys on Saltspray. You can kite pretty easily by spamming s hops backwards.

The Apple BOOM

Senior Squid
NNID
TheAppleBOOM
I'm B right now. I would love to see what weapons are popular. I heard that one guy say a lot of Splattershot Pros, and I never see chargers.

Sigakure

Inkster Jr.
NNID
martinengo
I wen't from B+ to B-, I already told this before, but so far, luck is involved and affects a lot. Sometimes even B- players aren't really good, or sometimes three members of the team have sniper and it's hard to cover the zone.

I have played matches where I'm constatly covering and recovering zones, plus killing at least 12-14 times with no more than 3-5 deaths, and still, it's not enough because of the reasons I mentioned.

I think the game will be way better in the future, when we can pick our teammates and it can be organized, right now the game is about 50% ability, 50% luck (at least talking in a regular-decent-good player, maybe there are pros capable of what we think it's almost impossible)

The Apple BOOM

Senior Squid
NNID
TheAppleBOOM
I wen't from B+ to B-, I already told this before, but so far, luck is involved and affects a lot. Sometimes even B- players aren't really good, or sometimes three members of the team have sniper and it's hard to cover the zone.

I have played matches where I'm constatly covering and recovering zones, plus killing at least 12-14 times with no more than 3-5 deaths, and still, it's not enough because of the reasons I mentioned.

I think the game will be way better in the future, when we can pick our teammates and it can be organized, right now the game is about 50% ability, 50% luck (at least talking in a regular-decent-good player, maybe there are pros capable of what we think it's almost impossible)
I know I REALLY have that problem. As a charger player, I'm really good at fortifying and defending a position, but if my teammates can't take the position in the first place, I can't really do anything.

Hope

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Agrexis
I've seen chargers carry when the map rotation is like Saltspray and the mall. If you get into the mindset that you lose because of luck then you will never improve.

ZeroParadox

Senior Squid
NNID
ZeroParadox
I've seen chargers carry when the map rotation is like Saltspray and the mall. If you get into the mindset that you lose because of luck then you will never improve.
That's the thing, tho'. For me at least, it feels like I'm carrying one too many games. This is a team game about capturing zones, not about babysitting teammates who can't think past Plan A - Rush The Point Or Bust. I know people who average way more kills than me total, and they still manage to lose because no one took advantage of the situation.

Sure, it's well within my ability to win if I give it my all, but in a team game, I shouldn't be giving it my all for a four player team that feels like it only has one valuable player. This isn't every match (I'm not even that great) but it's enough of them to be annoying. I can't wait until they implement parties...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom