• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Splatoon 2 How Viable is Comeback for a Defensive Player?

Mar$el

Inkling Commander
I'm starting to main the squelcher and previous to that I played a charger and a splat pro so suffice to say I'm not a very "front lines" player although I get in there when required (even with a charger admittedly). I was thinking about running comeback but usually as a squelcher I tend to focus on maintaining the center in our control by inking our turf and keeping enemies at bay. So if comeback lasts 20 seconds and I'm not really getting in there leading pushes or anything, is comeback really a good option?

Dessgeega

Egyptian Goo God
Switch Friend Code
SW-3756-0533-5215
I'm starting to main the squelcher and previous to that I played a charger and a splat pro so suffice to say I'm not a very "front lines" player although I get in there when required (even with a charger admittedly). I was thinking about running comeback but usually as a squelcher I tend to focus on maintaining the center in our control by inking our turf and keeping enemies at bay. So if comeback lasts 20 seconds and I'm not really getting in there leading pushes or anything, is comeback really a good option?
That depends. How often do you die? Comeback is handy for long-range fighters in the chaos that is Rainmaker, but if you're consistently outliving your allies due to your reach you'd be better served investing in Tenacity.

Mar$el

Inkling Commander
That depends. How often do you die? Comeback is handy for long-range fighters in the chaos that is Rainmaker, but if you're consistently outliving your allies due to your reach you'd be better served investing in Tenacity.
I still don't really understand what Tenacity is and how it works. How much I die kind of depends on the map mode and team. On maps like Inkblot I only die a couple times maybe but on other maps with tons of blockage I die more. I currently don't run any special mains on my gear (main exclusive abilities) but I've been considering it.

Dessgeega

Egyptian Goo God
Switch Friend Code
SW-3756-0533-5215
I still don't really understand what Tenacity is and how it works. How much I die kind of depends on the map mode and team. On maps like Inkblot I only die a couple times maybe but on other maps with tons of blockage I die more. I currently don't run any special mains on my gear (main exclusive abilities) but I've been considering it.
Tenacity auto-fills your special gauge for each ally the enemy has more than you. If all enemies are alive and you have 1 dead, you gain 2 special per second, 4 per second for 2 dead allies, and 6 per second for 3. If you can stay alive, that REALLY adds up.

MindWanderer

Inkling Commander
NNID
MindWanderer
Switch Friend Code
SW-5961-6763-3987
Doesn't it also increase the amount of special gauge filled by turfing? In did in S1 as of v2.6, and I actually considered that a greater benefit than the few points it chargers automatically, especially since it fully stacked with Special Charge Up.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom