• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

• Hey Guest, the Side Order expansion is now available!

If you're playing the new DLC, please remember to keep your thread titles spoiler free, and use [spoiler] tags for any relevant spoilers in your posts.

Howdy Partner: a guide for L-3 Nozzlenose

Howdy Partner: a guide for L-3 Nozzlenose

Robotoboy20

Squid Scout
NNID
robotoboy30
Robotoboy20 submitted a new guide:

Thanks for clicking on my guide. I love this weapon. It's really interesting and requires a fair bit of skill to use effectively! It's a beast though!

Guide to using the L-3 Nozzlenose - Tips and trick for one of the more interesting weapons in the game.

- Introduction

Functioning much like a revolver, you'll need to be careful between shots.

Hi! So you've decided to pick up the L-3 Nozzlenose huh? Welcome! I'm one of those players who rants and raves about the disruptors...
Read more about this guide...

Last edited:

LMG

Inkling Fleet Admiral
The Nozzlenose actually has a bit less range than the Splattershot Pro, Dual Squelcher and .96 Gal

Robotoboy20

Squid Scout
NNID
robotoboy30
I tested it for like 2 hours though... and seemed like even if there was a difference between the pro and the L-3, it was so negligible they might have well as been the same. They seemed close enough that it came down to half an inch, which I don't see losing anyone a fight... I'll correct it though for accuracy's (Nozzlenose's) sake. It's a really good weapon at any rate.

Denyed

Inkling
NNID
Denyed
The painting range of the Nozzlenose is great. One thing I did notice though is that the actual damage range when targeting someone is a little deceiving because in training when attacking the dolls it looks like it should hit, but the dolls weren't getting hit at all.

Cukee

Inkster Jr.
NNID
Cukee1
In any shooter my pick will always be a 3burst firing weapon, the Nozzlenose is perfect for my playstyle in Splatoon, paired with fast movement ability (inkling) I can get to the opponent base in less than 10 seconds, even if only to show myself to the enemy is enough to slow them 'cause they know they're not safe anymore near base, besides the thin path I leave after me is a bessing for slower teammates to get to any key area of the map.

Robotoboy20

Squid Scout
NNID
robotoboy30
In any shooter my pick will always be a 3burst firing weapon, the Nozzlenose is perfect for my playstyle in Splatoon, paired with fast movement ability (inkling) I can get to the opponent base in less than 10 seconds, even if only to show myself to the enemy is enough to slow them 'cause they know they're not safe anymore near base, besides the thin path I leave after me is a bessing for slower teammates to get to any key area of the map.
I also love the aggressiveness this weapon promotes! I'm not one for aggressive play generally, but this gun lets me play that way. Disruptors are so fun to play with also. Gimping an enemy player and making them panic always feels awesome!

Robotoboy20

Squid Scout
NNID
robotoboy30
NNID
Strawberrium
Perhaps cold blooded would work with the nozzlenose? This weapon fits my niche perfectly, mixing assault and stealth in the front lines while staying a comfortable distance away from trouble. I like to pop out from different angles, so would cold blooded be a better option than ninja squid? I don't like the sped penalty of ninja squid and it really hinders mobility. Also what other abilities would work? Maybe Bomb Range Main for the disruptors?

Robotoboy20

Squid Scout
NNID
robotoboy30
Perhaps cold blooded would work with the nozzlenose? This weapon fits my niche perfectly, mixing assault and stealth in the front lines while staying a comfortable distance away from trouble. I like to pop out from different angles, so would cold blooded be a better option than ninja squid? I don't like the sped penalty of ninja squid and it really hinders mobility. Also what other abilities would work? Maybe Bomb Range Main for the disruptors?
Bomb Range Up, Ink Saver Sub, Defense Up, Haunt, and Cold Blooded are all very good abilities to run on a shirt. Recon an ability that is often overlooked is also VERY useful for determining the opposing teams strategy, if you pick it though you should run a few quick super jumps, so that you can go between spawn and teammates very fast.

NNID
Strawberrium
Bomb Range Up, Ink Saver Sub, Defense Up, Haunt, and Cold Blooded are all very good abilities to run on a shirt. Recon an ability that is often overlooked is also VERY useful for determining the opposing teams strategy, if you pick it though you should run a few quick super jumps, so that you can go between spawn and teammates very fast.
That's actually a really good strategy. I'll give it a whirl and put together a set with it. So far I like using cold blooded and ink resistance so I san stay on the move but I'm still divided on headgear. Would ink saver sub be better for my kind of strategy or would bomb range up be better? Either way I like to be chucking disruptors left and right to make the other team panic to try and find me. Leaning more towards ink saver since I like throwing disruptors, but i like to harass from a safe distance.

Robotoboy20

Squid Scout
NNID
robotoboy30
That's actually a really good strategy. I'll give it a whirl and put together a set with it. So far I like using cold blooded and ink resistance so I san stay on the move but I'm still divided on headgear. Would ink saver sub be better for my kind of strategy or would bomb range up be better? Either way I like to be chucking disruptors left and right to make the other team panic to try and find me. Leaning more towards ink saver since I like throwing disruptors, but i like to harass from a safe distance.
Definately Ink Saver. A single Ink Saver Sub (Main) will pull the the cost of the disruptor down to 45%, so that's a whole 10% of ink saved. If you can somehow get a few more on the sub abilities you can pull that down to almost 40%.

Also I don't know if you use this trick, but you can hop to throw disruptors further. Bomb Range Up isn't AS useful for the disruptor since it explodes on contact, so if it collides with anything on it's trajectory you may end up wasting it.

NNID
Strawberrium
Definately Ink Saver. A single Ink Saver Sub (Main) will pull the the cost of the disruptor down to 45%, so that's a whole 10% of ink saved. If you can somehow get a few more on the sub abilities you can pull that down to almost 40%.
Thanks a bunch. Now I can be the very best, like no squid ever was. To disrupt them is my real test, to splat them is my goal!

ZainreFang

Pro Squid
NNID
ZainreFang
L-3 Nozzlenose's advantage is that you can walk as fast as short range guns and have long range. That's the best thing about it. However, the disadvantage is that it kills slowly and you need to aim flawlessly due to the complete lack of spread. That's why I think it's one of the worst guns in the game, but it's still my favorite.

Robotoboy20

Squid Scout
NNID
robotoboy30
L-3 Nozzlenose's advantage is that you can walk as fast as short range guns and have long range. That's the best thing about it. However, the disadvantage is that it kills slowly and you need to aim flawlessly due to the complete lack of spread. That's why I think it's one of the worst guns in the game, but it's still my favorite.
It actually kills really fast when used properly. The disruptors are also a heavily under-rated sub weapon. Aiming flawlessly isn't that hard if you practice, AND the disruptor can stick people in place so you can make up for that. The kill speed of the weapon is very good though, I don't know why you say that it kills slowly.

LMG

Inkling Fleet Admiral
It actually kills really fast when used properly. The disruptors are also a heavily under-rated sub weapon. Aiming flawlessly isn't that hard if you practice, AND the disruptor can stick people in place so you can make up for that. The kill speed of the weapon is very good though, I don't know why you say that it kills slowly.
It splats fast if you hit at least 4 out of your first 2 bursts. Anything less and the burst delay will most likely be your doom

Robotoboy20

Squid Scout
NNID
robotoboy30
It splats fast if you hit at least 4 out of your first 2 bursts. Anything less and the burst delay will most likely be your doom
Yes, you're correct. That's why proper aim is important. Most of your shots should hit, the actual fire rate of each burst is VERY fast. If your shots miss, your aim is all over the place, I almost alway hit in my first 2 bursts. Good aim is a necessary component in use of the weapon, I detail that in my guide. I wouldn't even say you need "flawless" aim really, just decent aim. Also the very fact that you go into your full run speed between bursts throws off a lot of people... It's a very different kind of weapon, not "one of the worst guns in the game" also so many people forget that it has disruptors. Those have helped me kill so many jumpy, flanky players. The sub helps this weapon stay valid. If it had any other kind of sub I doubt it would be very great. Sure you'd have ANOTHER offensive option, but the disruptor is extremely versatile, and even if you die after hitting with one, if you're teammates are near they can finish them off very quickly after that. It's just not everyone's cup of tea. However it's definitely a fantastic weapon.

ZainreFang

Pro Squid
NNID
ZainreFang
Yes, you're correct. That's why proper aim is important. Most of your shots should hit, the actual fire rate of each burst is VERY fast. If your shots miss, your aim is all over the place, I almost alway hit in my first 2 bursts. Good aim is a necessary component in use of the weapon, I detail that in my guide. I wouldn't even say you need "flawless" aim really, just decent aim. Also the very fact that you go into your full run speed between bursts throws off a lot of people... It's a very different kind of weapon, not "one of the worst guns in the game" also so many people forget that it has disruptors. Those have helped me kill so many jumpy, flanky players. The sub helps this weapon stay valid. If it had any other kind of sub I doubt it would be very great. Sure you'd have ANOTHER offensive option, but the disruptor is extremely versatile, and even if you die after hitting with one, if you're teammates are near they can finish them off very quickly after that. It's just not everyone's cup of tea. However it's definitely a fantastic weapon.
I always use a Disruptor whenever I see a Roller or Blaster. It's very useful.

Karma45

Inkling
NNID
DreamyWeegee
The Nozzlenose actually has a bit less range than the Splattershot Pro, Dual Squelcher and .96 Gal
Yup. But the nozzlenose's optimal damage range goes right up to its max range,when all shooters' combat range is(at least) slightly lower so it evens out

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom