• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

I Disconnect every game.

LegaLoli

Streamer
NNID
LegaLoli
I don't understand why I DC every game I just want it fixed I am stuck in -B cause every time I play I get disconnected after my win streaks every game. I want this fixed I have to use WiFi since I can't get my Wii U close enough to my router. My internet speeds are the most I can afford. Any Ideas? The Error code is error 118-0006 but I know I have internet that works. I have my Wii U DMZed like I have read to do but I don't know what I am doing wrong This is my internet speed . Please can someone help me ;~;

cool6012

Semi-Pro Squid
NNID
Cool6012
How many devices are using the internet when you play? I had the same problem until I noticed that it only occurred when someone in my house had another game system on and they were connected to the internet. Of course you may be experiencing a different problem however, i'm no expert.

NNID
daguyontheladder
i recommend turning off wifi on every device you can whenever you start playing (like phones, laptops, other game consoles,etc.). even if they are not doing anything, they can still knock out the signal. i had this issue with my ps3, it was communicating to the wifi router even when the console was off. once i unplugged it from the wall socket, i stop DCing.

Moko_b

Inkling
NNID
GintokiRP
Do you lose rank points when you disconnect? I noticed that my rank was going down b/c I too had errors knocking me out of matches. When I started I had a 46 at C+ and when I joined a new match it was at 35. Then there are times when I don't think it goes down but stays the same. Weird stuff.

NNID
daguyontheladder
Do you lose rank points when you disconnect? I noticed that my rank was going down b/c I too had errors knocking me out of matches. When I started I had a 46 at C+ and when I joined a new match it was at 35. Then there are times when I don't think it goes down but stays the same. Weird stuff.
If you disconnect from the internet, whether intentional or not, you lose points as if you lost the match.

HOWEVER
if you are the host of the lobby, meaning your name appears at the top of the list, then disconnecting does not cost you any points. in this senario, disconnecting kicks off everyone in the match, meaning you can abuse this if you ever so want to.

ThEvilHasLanded

Inkster Jr.
NNID
ThEvilHasLanded
i have had horrible problems with D/C
I really cant see it is my internet as i can play other games fine seems that either their netcode is horribly coded or the bandwidth required on this game is through the roof
I am still getting the partner error and the other misc error. getting bored of being D/C'd all the time also seems to happen more on Arroawana mall and blackbelly skatepark when they're in the rotation

NNID
daguyontheladder
i have had horrible problems with D/C
I really cant see it is my internet as i can play other games fine seems that either their netcode is horribly coded or the bandwidth required on this game is through the roof
I am still getting the partner error and the other misc error. getting bored of being D/C'd all the time also seems to happen more on Arroawana mall and blackbelly skatepark when they're in the rotation
Weird you mention the skate park, almost every single disconnect I've ever had was on that map in particular.

Kaliafornia

Splatin' through Inkopolis with my woes....
NNID
Kaliafornia
Your first step should be getting the wire adapter and deleting all other connections out of WiiU. Then consider your bandwidth, speeds, etc. Also contact your internet service provider to make sure they aren't "throttling" your speeds on the Nintendo servers. Companies have been targeting games more and more.

Also if you disconnect when the clock hits zero and game is over and you won, you should still be getting points.

Moko_b

Inkling
NNID
GintokiRP
If you disconnect from the internet, whether intentional or not, you lose points as if you lost the match.

HOWEVER
if you are the host of the lobby, meaning your name appears at the top of the list, then disconnecting does not cost you any points. in this senario, disconnecting kicks off everyone in the match, meaning you can abuse this if you ever so want to.
Thank you for the clarification. It was confusing but that makes sense. Thankfully I haven't had too many disconnects since then.

cuberandgamer

Inkling
NNID
cuberandgamer
Splatoon runs really well on my internet (10 megs up, 5 down) unless someone else is using up a lot of bandwidth. I usually get disconnected before a match starts so its not a big issue. How did the wired adapter work for you? did it fix your issues?

Azza

Pro Squid
NNID
Barricade31
I don't mind the disconnects. If you are disconnected in the first 20 seconds of the game. You should not lose 10 points.

I'll try disconnecting all other devices. but I dont disconnect that much.

LegaLoli

Streamer
NNID
LegaLoli
So I got the wire adapter. I still d/c once and a while so it wasn't the wii u it must be the people I am playing with having a slow connection I guess...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom