1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 15,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 150,000 posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Splatoon community!

3. We just overhauled our look and made some big updates. Learn about all the changes!

4. Nintendo has officially revealed their new console, previously codenamed NX! It's called the Nintendo Switch and they've announced Splatoon 2, coming this summer!

Join the Splatoon 2 hype and discussion!

I do wish I could get this game.

Discussion in 'Regular Discussion' started by Rogue., Mar 16, 2017.

1. Rogue.

Rogue. Something is Wrong.
    Premium

Sadly, I do not have the money to get the switch and I don't want to get it for only one game.
    I'm not really sure what to do, should I bother saving for it? I heard the testfire is out so perhaps
    some people can tell me if it's worth the investment from what they've played so far.

2. Amarae

Amarae Splatoon subreddit & discord Mod
    Community Ambassador Premium

NNID:
    Amiithystine
    I wish I could be part of the testfire, but getting a switch just isn't in the cards for me, not right now anyway. My Squadmates have said it's really fun though.

3. RespawningJesus

RespawningJesus I am a leaf on the wind - watch how I soar.
    Premium

NNID:
    RespawningJesus
    If you are interested in other games besides Splatoon, then it may be worth it, but just buying a console for one game? Kind of a tough sell in my opinion. I guess you gotta ask yourself how much you love Splatoon, and whether or not it is worth the price of admission of buying a new console.

4. Amarae

Amarae Splatoon subreddit & discord Mod
    Community Ambassador Premium

NNID:
    Amiithystine
    Splatoon 2 could be literally the only game on the switch and I'd buy it.

Splatoon 1 is already not only my favourite NIntendo Game, but my favourite game of all time and I've been gaming since I was like, 6. That's almost 20 years!

5. Dessgeega

Dessgeega Retired Squid
    Premium

NNID:
    Dessgeega
    Unless I'm missing something, the testfire isn't until next week.

6. marienx

marienx Inkling

Something to think about is trading games/old consoles in. We couldn't afford the Switch so me and my bf pooled up our old, unplayed games and consoles together and traded them in. Paid for all the console and Zelda too!

Flash Fire likes this.
  7. Nathaniel

Nathaniel Inkling

NNID:
    Nathan0695
    It's all good. I can't afford one either but I probably will have the money to buy it and a couple of games at the end of the year. I heard that the Switch is quite faulty and there are a few kinks with it, so I would just wait and observe its success, bundles, and a "premium console" of sorts if they decide to fix the dock and the technical difficulties people have been having. Remember that black Friday saves lives (it also takes a few too, but that's besides the point).

8. SweetBippy

SweetBippy Senior Squid

NNID:
    dylan_not_bob
    Having a really great time with my Switch so far. Zelda is great and I'm super excited for Splatoon and the Testfire. Take a look at the lineup for this year and see how much else interests you. I'm personally excited for Splatoon, Mario, ARMS, possibly Xenoblade Chronicles 2 (if it actually releases this year) and a bunch of the early-development and indie stuff they've shown at the Switch reveal and Nindies presentation.

9. SonnyBlueBalls

SonnyBlueBalls Inkster Jr.

NNID:
    ReaganMcClellan
    I know how you feel. Just quit my cushy job and am now working at mcdonalds, so the switch might come a little late. Theres no way im trading in my collection of games either.