• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

• Hey Guest, the Side Order expansion is now available!

If you're playing the new DLC, please remember to keep your thread titles spoiler free, and use [spoiler] tags for any relevant spoilers in your posts.

I don't own splatoon

Agadez

Octobrush Crackerjack
Pretty sure you aren't the only one stuck in the same situation but you came to the right place.

Welcome to the boards! :V

Pteropine

Inkling Cadet
NNID
RennyKlavan
You're agent 3 and ur squid and then kid and boom u got the giant poophish

Elecmaw

Lord of the Squids
NNID
Switch Friend Code
SW-3466-8927-7969
Hey, welcome to squidboards! Aw, maybe someday you'll hopefully be able to nab a copy of splatoon, or a Wii U if you haven't got the console yet. I dunno if your name refers to the children's book or the song from the Earthbound/Mother series, but anyways hope you'll enjoy it here!

I don't have it either. Trying to save up money from my day job showing legs and taking in ink.
...wut?

Pollyanna

Inkling
I don't have it either yet I've been here and there at Squidboards. No need to privy yourself from the fun. I also noticed your name Pollyanna. Isn't that from "Pollyanna I believe in you" from the Mother series?
Yeah it's the song from the Mother album. It holds a really special place in my heart.

Ink Gunner Emily

Full Squid
NNID
Ayerin
I don't own Splatoon either, but I have been renting it. It's a fun experience that will make you never want to stop. I've see people talk about how skeptical at first they were about the online multiplayer, but ended up loving it before too long. Here is some info for free. At level 4, you'll have access to the shops. With each level or two, you get new weapons and clothing to use. At level 10 the Ranked and Squad Battle options are available to you.

Also a free piece of advice. Find the weapon you are most comfortable with and stick with it. That's unless you find something better to fit your battle style.

In anycase, welcome Pollyanna! Remember to keep fresh!

Heroine of Squids

Inkling Cadet
NNID
bellpendant
Sucks that you don't own both Splatoon and a Wii U. Hopefully you will someday.

Welcome to Squidboards, by the way. :)

Big Boss

Senior Squid
NNID
Pink_Guy_Ramen
*queue sad inkling photos and sad music* With your donation of just 60 dollars... You can ensure that a squid doesn't go without their daily dose of inking... Please do it for the inklings.

Heroine of Squids

Inkling Cadet
NNID
bellpendant
*queue sad inkling photos and sad music* With your donation of just 60 dollars... You can ensure that a squid doesn't go without their daily dose of inking... Please do it for the inklings.
*hears an Inkling girl crying in the distance*

Poor thing. :(

StarForce

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Hyrule, Mushroom, Nohr, Comet Observatory
That's my case too. I hype a lot with WiiU games specially those I find appealing like Splatoon. In my case I do not have the WiiU either. But maybe you will get the game very soon. Just work out little things. It's not much. And yes I think that was the special CD for Mother here, Mother 2 over there in Japan. Here some wiki info:

The NES was only able to play three notes at a time, which Suzuki has noted greatly limited what he was able to produce, as he could not create some of the sounds he wanted. Melodies and themes from some pieces from the soundtrack were reused in the other games in the series. ("Pollyanna", "Snowman", and "Eight Melodies" make an appearance in all three games.) Some of the music from the game was recorded as a studio album by Suzuki and Tanaka in collaboration with various artists entitled Mother. The album was released by CBS/Sony on August 21, 1989. It consists of eleven tracks, seven of which are English vocal arrangements of songs from the game created by Suzuki, David Bedford, Takeshi Saitoh, and Michael Nyman. The lyrics to these arrangements were written by Linda Hennrick, and each one was performed by a different artist or group such as Catherine Warwick and St Paul's Cathedral Choir. The album cover shows the word "MOTHER" in a shade of brown over a red background; the letter "O" of "MOTHER" is replaced by an image of planet Earth, also with a brownish tinge. The soundtrack was reissued on February 18, 2004 by Sony Music Direct with its tracks digitally remastered, a song from EarthBound entitled "Smile and Tears" was added, and the track "The World of Mother" was replaced with a version that is six minutes longer.

Pollyanna

Inkling
I have to save all of my money for schooling. Unfortunately, I don't think I'll be owning a wiiu or squid simulator anytime soon.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom