• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

I got inside the grate at Bluefin Depot

Math

Pro Squid
NNID
BigPenguini
I think it's pretty safe to say that Bluefin Depot is the most mysterious map in the game. The Squid Sisters say things like "Gramps used to fight here" "There used to be a train station here" and there's even talk of a ghost haunting the old place. Not to mention the the train tracks that have broken and fallen off into the water. (which i think is linked to the final boss 10-minute fiasco
)

So, I decided that since I already reached King/Queen rank, that I'd go a'ghost huntin'.

I tried getting onto the train tracks, (i got inkredibly close. gonna try it after splatfest when i can get opening gambit and two swim speed ups) but i couldn't quite get up. I looked at all the background scenery, but the only interesting things I found were a Jelly near the residential-looking area with one of their tentacles (stingers?) dipped in the water, and some pine trees way off in the distance, right behind the spawn, which looks like it connects Depot to the upcoming Camp Triggerfish.

But what I did find is that you can shoot through the drains in the middle of either side of the center of the map. I went to recon mode and loaded up with the Custom Jet Squelcher. I coated the bricks around the grate with burst bombs, and covered one wall of the inside pipe with my ink.
Snapchat-8782162669078215345.jpg

It took about 45 minutes of falling into the water and becoming very frustrated with recon mode's 3-mimute time limit, but I made it to the T intersection at the end of the pipe. Sadly, all I found was what appear to be small gates, probably without collision data, if I had to guess. It was disappointing. I was hoping to walk in on one of Judd's "secret parties," or find Jelonzo, but it's just a couple of rusty gates.

TL;DR: there's nothing in there, go home

If there are any other interesting places you'd like me to explore, tell me. I love doing this kinda stuff.

Last edited:

redacteddd

Banned (6 points)
Weird, I did recon there this morning and I thought I heard some backmasked voice. At first I thought it was my mom wondering why I woke up at 6 AM unlike the usual time of 10 AM, but I paused the game and it stopped. Probably just some ambiance i didn't interpret correctly

DonkaFjord

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
DonkaFjord
The mysterious blurbs they say about the depot are probably just to show it is old and abandoned.

Lyn

Squid Savior From the Future
Premium
Woah, very creepy. :confused:

GameGalaxy64

Inkling Cadet
NNID
FlareFusion
Has anyone made it to the train tracks? I had two main ability swim speed ups and I ALMOST made it. I think it's possible if you're loaded on swim speed ups.

Math

Pro Squid
NNID
BigPenguini
Has anyone made it to the train tracks? I had two main ability swim speed ups and I ALMOST made it. I think it's possible if you're loaded on swim speed ups.
I'll try it tonight, but I don't think it's possible because of camping exploits. You'd think you could jump to it because of the collision, but I don't think that's the case.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom