• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

• Hey Guest, the Side Order expansion is now available!

If you're playing the new DLC, please remember to keep your thread titles spoiler free, and use [spoiler] tags for any relevant spoilers in your posts.

I hate pitiful teams!

ReeSquidGig

Inkling Commander
NNID
Ree
When I don't want to be in a losing team, I just normally stand still for s minute, and poof, im gone, but people do this in ranked they cost me my rank, and I lose,... but sometimes it is funny,... if it is the OTHER team losing, then I feel bad, but it's better then my team. ;)

birdiebee

Inkling Commander
NNID
birdiebee
Alternatively, if you are on a losing team, you could do whatever you can do in your power to win, instead of being a sore loser about it?
You have 3 people on your team presumably trying to get the upper hand, and you've just thrown in the towel waiting for a disconnect. This is incredibly rude behavior, it's not really funny either.

Ikaheishi

Bobble-chan
Premium
I strongly agree with what @birdiebee said. Do your best to win regardless of whether you think your teammates are doing well or not! Just dropping out is poor sportsmanship and is disrespectful of everyone.

Besides, you never know what may happen if you do put in your best, because the tables could turn in an instant and you actually win.

birdiebee

Inkling Commander
NNID
birdiebee
Besides, you never know what may happen if you do put in your best, because the tables could turn in an instant and you actually win.
Exactly. Sometimes what looks like a total shutout or KO can turn around completely at the very end of the match. It happens more than you might expect, but only if every team member maintains a winning mentality. Miracles does happen!!11

Spiderface

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Spiderface1992
Why would you do that =(
That is so not cool.

I don't want to sound cliche but it's the truth - if I have a team that isn't having success, I sort of see it as a sign that I need to reconsider my strategy and pay more attention to the other squids. And also try harder.

Those wins are all the better, and also I'm sure it makes me a better player! So it's good for everyone ^_^

Aori

Don't get Cooked!
When I don't want to be in a losing team, I just normally stand still for s minute, and poof, im gone
That's really rude, y'kno...
I don't mean to sound mean, but you should probably realize that abandoning your team won't make them play better.
Shrugs.

chrisblass1

Pro Squid
NNID
Chrisblass1
Dont do that, just because you've given up doesnt mean your teammates did. Winning a match that seems impossible to win is one of the best feelings ever and you're kinda taking the possibility of your team winning that match away.

ReeSquidGig

Inkling Commander
NNID
Ree
I hate it when you are JUST about to win a battle, and everyone just POOFS away, and you are the only one left, now it is fine, in a regular battle, but in a ranked battle, you just want everyone to leave, at least to make it fair.

Captain Woomy

Woomy Enthusiast
I hate it when you are JUST about to win a battle, and everyone just POOFS away, and you are the only one left, now it is fine, in a regular battle, but in a ranked battle, you just want everyone to leave, at least to make it fair.
If you don't like it when your teammates poof away when you're about to win a match, then why would you do the same to them in a match that could've possibly ended in a victory?

Things aren't always going to appear to be in your favor. But with a little extra push and determination, it is possible to turn a match around with 30 seconds or less left on the timer (or in overtime in ranked).

LMG

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Fun at the expense of another's has a very different name o_O. That's also kind of why I avoid most PvP games nowadays. While it's fun to nuke the ink out of the enemy with a literal flying fortress, it's not fun being brutally and repeatedly beaten beyond defeat by one before even getting a chance to fight back (and from what I've heard CoD's community is finally starting to realize that). Oddly enough that's also kind of why I dread the Inkzooka and E-Liter 3ks...

Huh, it's easy to get the train of thought derailed :confused:

Magnus0

Pro Squid
It gets even harder to tell when you've seen the guides this person has created.
You should put quotation marks around 'guide', just like that.

Personally, I think OP is just very young.

Dessgeega

Egyptian Goo God
Switch Friend Code
SW-3756-0533-5215
Never change, Ree. Mostly because imagining alternatives to your odd behavior is kinda scary.

Coleo&Idea

Inkling Cadet
In cases like that I simply keep on playing and practise my weapon/positioning.

I actually also did disconnects on purpose - when I wanted to rank down. The game starts, I eject the game disk and lose ~10 rank points. And since I disconnected at the beginning my teammates only loose ~1 rank point when they actually loose the game.

ForteReborn

Inkling Commander
NNID
ForteReborn
Switch Friend Code
SW-5389-7346-0792
Wait, what am I reading here? You just idle and let the team suffer? That is really ungrateful. I have days where I lose, but at least I try to TEACH them how to win, and it works! Even then, I switch teams after a while to freshen things. But please, don't be a discouraging jerk to players like this. Losing is good as winning, really...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom