1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 15,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 150,000 posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Splatoon community!

3. We just overhauled our look and made some big updates. Learn about all the changes!

4. Nintendo has officially revealed their new console, previously codenamed NX! It's called the Nintendo Switch and they've announced Splatoon 2, coming this summer!

Join the Splatoon 2 hype and discussion!

I hate pitiful teams!

Discussion in 'Regular Discussion' started by ReeSquidGig, Aug 10, 2016.

1. ReeSquidGig

ReeSquidGig Inkling Commander

When I don't want to be in a losing team, I just normally stand still for s minute, and poof, im gone, but people do this in ranked they cost me my rank, and I lose,... but sometimes it is funny,... if it is the OTHER team losing, then I feel bad, but it's better then my team. ;)

2. birdiebee

birdiebee Inkling Commander

NNID:
    birdiebee
    Alternatively, if you are on a losing team, you could do whatever you can do in your power to win, instead of being a sore loser about it?
    You have 3 people on your team presumably trying to get the upper hand, and you've just thrown in the towel waiting for a disconnect. This is incredibly rude behavior, it's not really funny either.

binx, Cuttleshock, Mr. 9 and 2 others like this.
  3. Ikaheishi

Ikaheishi Inkling Commander

I strongly agree with what @birdiebee said. Do your best to win regardless of whether you think your teammates are doing well or not! Just dropping out is poor sportsmanship and is disrespectful of everyone.

Besides, you never know what may happen if you do put in your best, because the tables could turn in an instant and you actually win.

Hero of Lime and birdiebee like this.
  4. birdiebee

birdiebee Inkling Commander

NNID:
    birdiebee
    Exactly. Sometimes what looks like a total shutout or KO can turn around completely at the very end of the match. It happens more than you might expect, but only if every team member maintains a winning mentality. Miracles does happen!!11

Ikaheishi likes this.
  5. Spiderface

Spiderface Inkling Cadet

NNID:
    Spiderface1992
    Why would you do that =(
    That is so not cool.

I don't want to sound cliche but it's the truth - if I have a team that isn't having success, I sort of see it as a sign that I need to reconsider my strategy and pay more attention to the other squids. And also try harder.

Those wins are all the better, and also I'm sure it makes me a better player! So it's good for everyone ^_^

birdiebee and Ikaheishi like this.
  6. Rogue.

Rogue. Something is Wrong.
    Premium

That's really rude, y'kno...
    I don't mean to sound mean, but you should probably realize that abandoning your team won't make them play better.
    Shrugs.

Ansible and Ikaheishi like this.
  7. chrisblass1

chrisblass1 Pro Squid

NNID:
    Chrisblass1
    Dont do that, just because you've given up doesnt mean your teammates did. Winning a match that seems impossible to win is one of the best feelings ever and you're kinda taking the possibility of your team winning that match away.

8. ReeSquidGig

I hate it when you are JUST about to win a battle, and everyone just POOFS away, and you are the only one left, now it is fine, in a regular battle, but in a ranked battle, you just want everyone to leave, at least to make it fair.

9. Captain Woomy

Captain Woomy Inkling Commander

NNID:
    SupaEpic
    If you don't like it when your teammates poof away when you're about to win a match, then why would you do the same to them in a match that could've possibly ended in a victory?

Things aren't always going to appear to be in your favor. But with a little extra push and determination, it is possible to turn a match around with 30 seconds or less left on the timer (or in overtime in ranked).

birdiebee and Spiderface like this.
  10. Elecmaw

Elecmaw Inkling Fleet Admiral

NNID:
    I sincerely cannot tell if you're a really clever troll or just very wierd

Slurmp and Spiderface like this.
  11. LMG

LMG Inkling Fleet Admiral

Fun at the expense of another's has a very different name o_O. That's also kind of why I avoid most PvP games nowadays. While it's fun to nuke the ink out of the enemy with a literal flying fortress, it's not fun being brutally and repeatedly beaten beyond defeat by one before even getting a chance to fight back (and from what I've heard CoD's community is finally starting to realize that). Oddly enough that's also kind of why I dread the Inkzooka and E-Liter 3ks...

Huh, it's easy to get the train of thought derailed :confused:

12. Glacei

Glacei Inkster Jr.

It gets even harder to tell when you've seen the guides this person has created.

Spiderface likes this.
  13. Magnus0

Magnus0 Pro Squid

You should put quotation marks around 'guide', just like that.

Personally, I think OP is just very young.

14. ReeSquidGig

It wasn't me, or the team-matcher, its the team,,, period.

15. SonnyBlueBalls

SonnyBlueBalls Inkster Jr.

NNID:
    ReaganMcClellan
    Wait so YOU are the one that dcs from my matches!? :(

Slurmp likes this.
  16. Dessgeega

Dessgeega Retired Squid
    Premium

NNID:
    Dessgeega
    Never change, Ree. Mostly because imagining alternatives to your odd behavior is kinda scary.

17. ReeSquidGig

? Speak normal please! I have no idea what you just said!

18. Coleo&Idea

Coleo&Idea Inkling Cadet

NNID:
    Aschenfuss
    In cases like that I simply keep on playing and practise my weapon/positioning.

I actually also did disconnects on purpose - when I wanted to rank down. The game starts, I eject the game disk and lose ~10 rank points. And since I disconnected at the beginning my teammates only loose ~1 rank point when they actually loose the game.