1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Squidboards now has its own Discord server!

Join us on Discord!

3. Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 15,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 150,000 posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Splatoon community!

4. Splatoon 2 has released around the globe!

Join the Splatoon 2 hype and discussion!

I hate pitiful teams!

Discussion in 'Regular Discussion' started by ReeSquidGig, Aug 10, 2016.

1. ReeSquidGig

ReeSquidGig Inkling Commander

When I don't want to be in a losing team, I just normally stand still for s minute, and poof, im gone, but people do this in ranked they cost me my rank, and I lose,... but sometimes it is funny,... if it is the OTHER team losing, then I feel bad, but it's better then my team. ;)

2. birdiebee

birdiebee Inkling Commander

NNID:
    birdiebee
    Alternatively, if you are on a losing team, you could do whatever you can do in your power to win, instead of being a sore loser about it?
    You have 3 people on your team presumably trying to get the upper hand, and you've just thrown in the towel waiting for a disconnect. This is incredibly rude behavior, it's not really funny either.

3. Ikaheishi

Ikaheishi Bobble-chan
    Premium

I strongly agree with what @birdiebee said. Do your best to win regardless of whether you think your teammates are doing well or not! Just dropping out is poor sportsmanship and is disrespectful of everyone.

Besides, you never know what may happen if you do put in your best, because the tables could turn in an instant and you actually win.

4. birdiebee

birdiebee Inkling Commander

NNID:
    birdiebee
    Exactly. Sometimes what looks like a total shutout or KO can turn around completely at the very end of the match. It happens more than you might expect, but only if every team member maintains a winning mentality. Miracles does happen!!11

Ikaheishi likes this.
  5. Spiderface

Spiderface Inkling Cadet

NNID:
    Spiderface1992
    Why would you do that =(
    That is so not cool.

I don't want to sound cliche but it's the truth - if I have a team that isn't having success, I sort of see it as a sign that I need to reconsider my strategy and pay more attention to the other squids. And also try harder.

Those wins are all the better, and also I'm sure it makes me a better player! So it's good for everyone ^_^

Slurmp, birdiebee and Ikaheishi like this.
  6. Magolor

Magolor Something is Wrong.

That's really rude, y'kno...
    I don't mean to sound mean, but you should probably realize that abandoning your team won't make them play better.
    Shrugs.

Ansible and Ikaheishi like this.
  7. chrisblass1

chrisblass1 Pro Squid

NNID:
    Chrisblass1
    Dont do that, just because you've given up doesnt mean your teammates did. Winning a match that seems impossible to win is one of the best feelings ever and you're kinda taking the possibility of your team winning that match away.

8. ReeSquidGig

I hate it when you are JUST about to win a battle, and everyone just POOFS away, and you are the only one left, now it is fine, in a regular battle, but in a ranked battle, you just want everyone to leave, at least to make it fair.

9. Captain Woomy

Captain Woomy Woomy Enthusiast

NNID:
    SupaEpic
    Switch Friend Code:
    SW-1507-4592-4998
    If you don't like it when your teammates poof away when you're about to win a match, then why would you do the same to them in a match that could've possibly ended in a victory?

Things aren't always going to appear to be in your favor. But with a little extra push and determination, it is possible to turn a match around with 30 seconds or less left on the timer (or in overtime in ranked).

10. Elecmaw

Elecmaw Inkling Fleet Admiral

NNID:
    Switch Friend Code:
    SW-3466-8927-7969
    I sincerely cannot tell if you're a really clever troll or just very wierd

11. LMG

LMG Inkling Fleet Admiral

Fun at the expense of another's has a very different name o_O. That's also kind of why I avoid most PvP games nowadays. While it's fun to nuke the ink out of the enemy with a literal flying fortress, it's not fun being brutally and repeatedly beaten beyond defeat by one before even getting a chance to fight back (and from what I've heard CoD's community is finally starting to realize that). Oddly enough that's also kind of why I dread the Inkzooka and E-Liter 3ks...

Huh, it's easy to get the train of thought derailed :confused:

12. Glacei

Glacei Inkster Jr.

It gets even harder to tell when you've seen the guides this person has created.

Slurmp, ForteReborn and Spiderface like this.
  13. Magnus0

Magnus0 Pro Squid

You should put quotation marks around 'guide', just like that.

Personally, I think OP is just very young.

14. ReeSquidGig

It wasn't me, or the team-matcher, its the team,,, period.

15. SonnyBlueBalls

SonnyBlueBalls Full Squid

NNID:
    ReaganMcClellan
    Wait so YOU are the one that dcs from my matches!? :(

Slurmp likes this.
  16. Dessgeega

Dessgeega Squid Savior From the Future
    Premium

Switch Friend Code:
    SW-3756-0533-5215
    Never change, Ree. Mostly because imagining alternatives to your odd behavior is kinda scary.

17. ReeSquidGig

? Speak normal please! I have no idea what you just said!

18. Coleo&Idea

Coleo&Idea Inkling Cadet

NNID:
    Aschenfuss
    In cases like that I simply keep on playing and practise my weapon/positioning.

I actually also did disconnects on purpose - when I wanted to rank down. The game starts, I eject the game disk and lose ~10 rank points. And since I disconnected at the beginning my teammates only loose ~1 rank point when they actually loose the game.

Slurmp likes this.
  19. ReeSquidGig

sometimes, I don't think the team can help that at times, because they just poof away! internet problems....

20. ForteReborn

ForteReborn Inkling Commander

NNID:
    ForteReborn
    Switch Friend Code:
    SW-5389-7346-0792
    Wait, what am I reading here? You just idle and let the team suffer? That is really ungrateful. I have days where I lose, but at least I try to TEACH them how to win, and it works! Even then, I switch teams after a while to freshen things. But please, don't be a discouraging jerk to players like this. Losing is good as winning, really...

Slurmp, ReeSquidGig and ZEROrevive like this.
  21. ReeSquidGig

at times, I think that I end up getting splatted the most because I am the best on the team, or that the team is un-experienced...

22. Slurmp

Slurmp Pro Squid

NNID:
    HedgehogOverlord
    Please explain how being the "best on the team" could possibly lead to you getting splatted the most. If you are getting splatted so often then you are the one who needs to improve. Don't disconnect purposefully and then whine when other people do. That's very hypocritical.

ZEROrevive and ReeSquidGig like this.
  23. ReeSquidGig

I did phrase that a little wrong, but when I let down my guard, or the second other people can get to me, they'll splat me every time they see me. Ex; I use a charger, almost all of the time, I'm not good if the whole other team comes at me., really that is the only reason I can think of.

24. ForteReborn

NNID:
    ForteReborn
    Switch Friend Code:
    SW-5389-7346-0792
    Dude, when you use charger, MOVE. Don't suspect the team to be behind your back every second. Being splatted could be partially your fault as well, just saying from my opinion.

ZEROrevive, Slurmp and ReeSquidGig like this.
  25. ReeSquidGig

ok, I like you, you are funny, and sarcastic at the same time.

26. ForteReborn

NNID:
    ForteReborn
    Switch Friend Code:
    SW-5389-7346-0792
    I can be salty, but at least a actual person who went training at a complex for three years, and did archery for a long while was trying to be nice, give tips. Sorry kiddo, if my coach saw your attitude, he will stick you with a low poundage bow or a rubber band till you are absolutely are rage quitting.

So if I am being sarcastic, how else could I possibly not know these things when I generally do it in real life? Oh wait...

Alas, I am not going to argue. You are a young runt with nothing better to do but complain on a forum and annoy people. Really, don't do this to people on Splatoon. It isn't fair for them as well as it isn't for anyone else.

ZEROrevive likes this.
  27. ReeSquidGig

:confused:-ing, but that's:cool:

28. Lyn

Lyn Squid Savior From the Future
    Premium

Don't do this. Other games would ban you for it, although Splatoon doesn't seem to have any system like that in place. It is poor sportsmanship and even if you're losing you're still ruining games for others.

Sqwiddles and Glacei like this.
  29. Sqwiddles

Sqwiddles Pro Squid

NNID:
    PheenieWeen
    Honestly, I was gonna throw some shade onto this person but I tend to sit there and do nothing if I saw that very person who had hacked gear on and then be on my team. I did it once but that's cus I just don't care for any kind of hackers. Even if they did that reset the game thing with spyke to keep rerolling no matter what. Not sure if it's the same or mine is justified but I just believe they have no reason to win if they honestly have all 12 quick respawns. :\
    This was in Turf war though.

However at least this person doesn't leave in rank. Now if they left in rank, I would have a ****-TON OF PROBLEMS WITH THEM AND WOULD SPLAT 'EM DOWN. But they don't so whatever. I do know plenty of people who leaves Rank and leave us behind to defend for ourselves. Hahaha... I wanna shove my brush down their throats in-game tbh. :) If it's a D/C that sucks, but if they purposely leave... uh no. Go splat yourself.