• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

• Hey Guest, the Side Order expansion is now available!

If you're playing the new DLC, please remember to keep your thread titles spoiler free, and use [spoiler] tags for any relevant spoilers in your posts.

I made a new game mode!

seaWEED

Senior Squid
Switch Friend Code
SW-3569-5511-7797
This game mode is called "Counter-Strike," based on the game. It is played in rainmaker. Team A will rush the rainmaker while team B waits for fifteen seconds to run on the rainmaker timer before stepping out of spawn. During this 15 seconds, the person with the rainmaker will run to a spot of their choosing. After the 15 seconds, the person with the rainmaker can only duck under ink, jump, aim, and fire the rainmaker. The rainmaker carrier can not move from that spot. If the rainmaker carrier inksplodes from the rainmaker timer running out, team A wins (and dunks the rainmaker.) If team B splats the rainmaker transporter, they win (and dunk the rainmaker.)

What do you guys think?

I also posted this on the Splatoon Reddit under the name TheOneWhoKnocks2016.

Edit: Specials that locate the opponent and strike, such as Sting Ray and Tenta Missiles and subs that Rainmaker cannot defend against (splat bombs, curling bombs burst bombs) are not allowed.

Last edited:

Splooner

Inkling
NNID
PaulyD23
The maps might be a tad small to make this work but it makes me think of arsenal from counter strike and some sort of mode similar to that would have great potential.

Agent Z

Inkling Commander
This game mode is called "Counter-Strike," based on the game. It is played in rainmaker. Team A will rush the rainmaker while team B waits for fifteen seconds to run on the rainmaker timer before stepping out of spawn. During this 15 seconds, the person with the rainmaker will run to a spot of their choosing. After the 15 seconds, the person with the rainmaker can only duck under ink, jump, aim, and fire the rainmaker. The rainmaker carrier can not move from that spot. If the rainmaker carrier inksplodes from the rainmaker timer running out, team A wins (and dunks the rainmaker.) If team B splats the rainmaker transporter, they win (and dunk the rainmaker.)

What do you guys think?

I also posted this on the Splatoon Reddit under the name TheOneWhoKnocks2016.
They would have to make some new maps that aren't equal on both sides and have defensive capabilities. All it takes is one sneaky squid and that Rainmaker Carrier is doomed.

Spaceswitchmars

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
_funmars
Switch Friend Code
SW-0556-1305-6031
They would have to make some new maps that aren't equal on both sides and have defensive capabilities. All it takes is one sneaky squid and that Rainmaker Carrier is doomed.
I like this idea.

Pretty similar to the OP, some of my Splatoon buds and I came up with a game mode idea a few weeks back that could work side-by-side with the mode the OP mentions. It's basically hide-n-seek, and here's how our idea works:

-One person a team randomly gets picked as IT. They know they're IT because they have a rainmaker in their hands.
-The team with IT gets a fifteen second head start to start inking.
-The team with IT has one goal -- IT must make it to the end of the match without getting splatted.
-IT will not glow despite having the rainmaker.
-IT will automatically have ninja squid without any speed nerfs.
-The team with IT automatically has quicker respawn, I think, but this would need to be tested for fairness. (Even quicker respawn gear on top of it would just add to it, for reference.)

-The team without IT has one goal -- they must splat IT before the end of the match.

They'd have to test to see what a good amount of time for this would be, but I'd think three minutes (a turf wars-length match) would be a good starting point.

What I love about this mode idea is that the mix of skill and strategy could result in some really interesting methods of play. Do you place most of your team near IT to protect IT? Do you spread your team out as to not give away IT's position?

On the other side, does the team trying to find IT group together as to avoid dying and best take advantage of the IT's team's death time? Or do they spread out to better find IT across the maps?

If Nintendo were willing, it would make best sense that the team with IT is randomized, but the team itself votes (in event of a tie vote, it's randomized among the tie). Also, it would make a ton of sense to be able to choose your weapon after you see if you defending or attacking.

I feel like a whole new game mode set around these kinds of games could be cool. It doesn't even need to be ranked or regular. It could be something that's available only sometimes like SR. Hell, it could be a Splatfest-only game type.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom