• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

• Hey Guest, the Side Order expansion is now available!

If you're playing the new DLC, please remember to keep your thread titles spoiler free, and use [spoiler] tags for any relevant spoilers in your posts.

I Need a Solution for Clash Blasters on Tower Control.

Agent Z

Inkling Commander
So, I've been getting some teams that actually ride the tower now. The problem is, riding the tower is all but suicide if you're against a team with a Clash Blaster, because the Clash Blaster is extremely lethal against anyone who rides it. There's probably an easy and practical solution I should be noticing, but I haven't yet. I've tried various brellas, but the firing rate tears through the canopy like a sword cutting an ice cream cake. This is especially problematic on places like MT where the tower has to rise up and a Clash Blaster can just stand above and rain fire down on us while it's going up.

Tips, please.

XLNCgamer

Inkling
I have a few tips that may help:

1. Have your range support on the tower while the slayers push forward. I play Explosher and Hydra on tower, and I'm the one who rides. I can provide cover fire while my teammates can help clear the path for the tower. This can be difficult to coordinate in Solo.

2. Bombs, especially Splat Bombs. Rolling them across the tower to fall in front with a short fuse can force close range weapons to retreat. Works great on Rollers too, as it paints the tower's walls and slows them down from jumping you.

3. Shoot down the Clash. This sounds like a joke post, but their time to kill (TTK) is far below average if they only get indirect hits. If you spot them heading to the tower, just shoot at them. Your TTK is most likely faster then theirs and they will lose the engagement. Just passively hiding and shielding is what the Clash is hopeing you will do.

These are just a few ideas that have served me.

Gameboy224

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Gameboy224
Simple. Clash Blaster trying to kill whoever is on the tower, you kill them first. Hit them from the side or behind while they're preoccupied trying to rush the tower.

Flammie

Inkling Cadet
NNID
FlammieLL
Sloshers.
Clashs can hit above the tower, but Sloshers can hit over the Tower.
But you still have to get good with it, but when you do, hoo boy.

BreadBandit

Inkling
Yeah, I've been having a lot of clash blaster trouble in Tower Control too, I'm glad I'm not the only one.

I usually use the slosher deco so I can outrange them pretty good, but if they get close to me, I'm usually toast. So I guess just poke them from far away, and if you can't do that, don't tackle them head on.

Metasepia

Inkling Cadet
Quick tip: If you use anything that is Splattershot range and lower the Clash can out range you due to it's massive blast radius.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom