• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

• Hey Guest, the Side Order expansion is now available!

If you're playing the new DLC, please remember to keep your thread titles spoiler free, and use [spoiler] tags for any relevant spoilers in your posts.

Splatoon 2 I need help countering the Splatling

AnthroWolf

Inkling
Switch Friend Code
SW-7756-9196-6589
It’s an automatic loss for me if I go on a 1v1 against this thing, it charges too fast for me. Any way to counter it?

Sir Ngyes

Inkster Jr.
NNID
Simple234
The best way I can think of to counter them is to make them waste their shot. This can generally be accomplished by tricking the enemy into thinking you’re making your move. Try quickly peeking out from corners, then retaliating when they use their burst! It’s also greatly advisable that you use your sub weapons. Splash walls can block the fire and act as a dummy for the Splatling to use their shots on, bombs can chase them out and shift their focus away from the target, and point sensors could be used to catch them ahead of time if you suspect they keep flanking from the same spot.

Tl;dr: Think one step ahead of your enemy to catch them off guard.

I hope this helps!

The Salamander King

NNID
sintiss0421
Switch Friend Code
SW-3785-4018-5310
Outrange them. Chargers, Hydras, Custom Jets, Exploshers, all of these weapons (with some finesse, of course) do a fairly solid job of taking out Heavies.

Ansible

Squid Savior From the Future
Community Ambassador
Stop rushing directly at them!

I'm serious.

That's directed at anyone, not just you.

Many think they can pull off a rushdown only to often receive the full charge salute or partial charge backhand for their effort.

Also, if you're taking cover and they're raining ink on you, consider disengaging because they'll either eventually splat you that way, stop and bait you out of cover, or leave you alone but keep tabs on you.

With that out of the way, what Splatlings in particular are you dealing with and what weapon(s) are you using? Then we can help get into some details.

AnthroWolf

Inkling
Switch Friend Code
SW-7756-9196-6589

I'm serious.

Many think they can pull off a rushdown only to often receive the full charge salute or partial charge backhand for their effort.

Also, if you're taking cover and they're raining ink on you, consider disengaging because they'll either eventually splat you that way, stop and bait you out of cover, or leave you alone but keep tabs on you.

With that out of the way, what Splatlings in particular ar

I'm serious.

With that out of the way, what Splatlings in particular are you dealing with and what weapon(s) are you using? Then we can help get into some details.
#1 Thank you so much, I’ll try implementing this into my play!

#2 I’m kind of an all rounder-type, I generally use any weapon I feel like using (But if it helps, I mostly use chargers or dualies)

AnthroWolf

Inkling
Switch Friend Code
SW-7756-9196-6589
The best way I can think of to counter them is to make them waste their shot. This can generally be accomplished by tricking the enemy into thinking you’re making your move. Try quickly peeking out from corners, then retaliating when they use their burst! It’s also greatly advisable that you use your sub weapons. Splash walls can block the fire and act as a dummy for the Splatling to use their shots on, bombs can chase them out and shift their focus away from the target, and point sensors could be used to catch them ahead of time if you suspect they keep flanking from the same spot.

Tl;dr: Think one step ahead of your enemy to catch them off guard.

I hope this helps!
I’ll try using this advice in my play! Thanks so much!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom