• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

• Hey Guest, the Side Order expansion is now available!

If you're playing the new DLC, please remember to keep your thread titles spoiler free, and use [spoiler] tags for any relevant spoilers in your posts.

I need help for a Splatoon Fanfic I'm writing!

TheFlyingSeal

Inkling
NNID
TheFlyingSeal
Okay, so I wanted to join the bandwagon of teams with a main color and team name. I've already created a couple and designing them, choosing their weapons, what will happen, etc. Here's the thing though:

I want to do something different from Turf Wars.

I want my story to be a sort of AU where sometime in the future, there are these events called The Splat Championships. This story I'm making still have Splatfests and normal Turf Wars, but I figured that having a tournament would be a better setting for these teams to form. So my overall question is...what should the TSC have? I know it's going to be a standard Turf War, but I don't want it to be just that.

I want something that needs serious training and cooperation. Something that really required the need to make a TEAM. Should I add Ranked battles into the mix? Something completely different? How would it be laid out? One Turf War and one Ranked each day before the next rotation?? pls help.

sayaka_abstergo

Inkling Bounty Hunter
NNID
sayaka_abstergo
A ranked Turf War would be cool imo. Basically Turf Wars, rotating maps every match, and the results are ranked. Through in Rainmaker every few matches too to spice it up a little.

Aykorn

Inkling Commander
NNID
A_korn
Switch Friend Code
SW-5939-8938-2753
Correct me if I'm wrong here, but what I'm guessing you're asking is how to "raise the stakes" to create a need for cooperation/team forming?
Or are you just asking how to make the competition line-up interesting?

In the case of the later, I think ranked games are a must.

Anyways, if you want to raise the stakes, add consequence. I think about robotics leagues (or probably another sport) and having competition structure where if you win a smaller bracket, you can go up to the next level of until you get to the highest level of a competition. The greater the sacrifice, the greater the glory.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom